What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Speed

Stonecutter

First Grade
I don't think he'd the fastest but I'll throw David Simmons name as a contender.

Don't be fooled by his pussy returns, when he's in space he's a flash.

stuke

Bench
Thierry Henry said:
Not even close over 100m. It's common knowledge that Matt Geyer beats him over that distance.

thats the thing...how do you measure it. in our game the players rarely get the chance to show their true pace over 100 metres, and on the rare occasion that they would it is still not conducive to using their best actions.

the speed off the mark and over the first 10 -20 metres is probably the best indication due to how our game is played.

thats when blokes like Slater really come to the fore.

Mr Saab

Referee
Would bet on Inglis to win any race.
Give him the ball in the clear and he would never be run down.
Tate is pretty quick too. People say Stewart from Manly is quick, but Tate ran past him last yr.

D

Deleted member 10972

Although Roosters don't have too many speedsters, that young John Williams bloke is very very quick. We don't see him in much open space, but watch back to the Cowboys game when we won 64-30, Bowen made that amazing break, but watch Williams burn across the field in cover defence only to just miss him. He looked pretty damn quick, too bad our geniused backline & centres never give him the space he needs.

God-King Dean

Immortal
Thierry Henry said:
Not even close over 100m. It's common knowledge that Matt Geyer beats him over that distance.

Over 40m I reckon he'd be winner. But tbh, I didn't even read the original post.

Danger

Juniors
Over 100 metres i'd say Inglis, over shorter distances i can't split Bowen, Stewart and Slater.

If Matt Reick was still playing NRL, i'd probably pick him.

Beavers Headgear

First Grade
Williams from the Chooks, was he the bloke who Orford burned off to the line at the end of the game last week ?

Impossible to really judge who is the fastest, would love to see them have some sort of comp, running with the ball in hand

Off the top of my head would put Brett Stewart, Josh Morris, Nathan Merritt, Phil Graham up there as the main contenders

Danish

Referee
Mayor_Quimby said:
Lyon would beat anyone over the 100 - easy

That has to be a mistake...

jamielyon_narrowweb__300x4290.jpg

"DID YOU SAY STEAK?!?!"

No Jamie....

Dragonwest

Juniors
I dont know about 100m, but from what ive seen of Jamie Soward over the last 5 weeks he'd have to be close to the quickest over 40.

It's all to hard to judge, u cant say he's quicker than him because of this instance, because you dont know the players fatigue at that instance, who's holding the ball plays an factor and at what stage they are in they're sprint (still accelerating).