What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Spine

get amongst it

Juniors
After that shalacking, any danger on rearranging our spine (1,6,7,9).

1. Dugan
6. Wighton
7. Williams
9. Mcrone

Move Robinson to the wing?
something has got to happen
Whats the thoughts?

Brimmer

Juniors
It really is the worst spine in the comp. Something needs to be done. IMO, it's early days but we definately need to tinker with this area.

I think McCrone could make a good hooker. He's got a great short passing game and if he wants to run (which he usually does), he could capitalise on some slow markers.

Cryptic

Juniors
I agree our attack wasn't our issue, overall communication and defence is where it's at.... It's like with-out Campese yelling at them no one talks (and even he has his quiet moments it appears, in between being out with knee injuries).

That said I really do want to see what McCrone can do in the hooker spot (he looked the goods in his limited City V Country time there) but is this really the time to try and blood new players in new positions? Granted we haven't got heaps to lose (although we aren't running as bad as last year) but while they would get game experience and it could work it's equality likely to fail and cost them any confidence they did have....

GC_Gladiator

Juniors
It's too early for drastic experimentation (such as moving your most experienced half to hooker). Work on the defense and start again on the weekend.

get amongst it

Juniors
Yeah our defense does need alot of working on its disgraceful to let that many points in, I was just wanting to know what everyone thinks our key offensive positions were going to be in the near future. Is Williams even good enough? i heard he was on his way out. Has anyone seen what Wighton can do in a playmaking role?

Wighton was good at U20's , he played a few position there last year.

Theres a young halfback in U20's now , Cornish and from what I understand they have huge wraps on him. He's carving the U20's this year.

sydraider

First Grade
Wighton was good at U20's , he played a few position there last year.

Theres a young halfback in U20's now , Cornish and from what I understand they have huge wraps on him. He's carving the U20's this year.

We always seem to have someone coming through that they have huge wraps on.

sydraider

First Grade
Dont get me wrong when I say that, everyone they have talked up had talent some more than others, I think what has let them down for the last 15 years has been the mentoring in the transition to first grade.

Wedgetail Eagle

Juniors
After that shalacking, any danger on rearranging our spine (1,6,7,9).

1. Dugan
6. Wighton
7. Williams
9. Mcrone

Move Robinson to the wing?
something has got to happen
Whats the thoughts?

Interesting, I'd like see Wighton given a go at 5/8th, I heard he's normally a #6.
Also, I know Buttriss is no C.Smith, but I like his defence. Would you have him as a bench player?

Cryptic

Juniors
I would prefer no hooker on the bench, a "super utility" sure but I'm not a fan of two hookers and we hardly use them anyway.... Buttriss made a few of the more unforgiving defensive mistakes last weekend, but he is injured anyway so...

I've seen Cornish play and he certainly does look good but that's looking good in the Toyota cup, and most of our players managed that yet seam to unfortunantly bring that same defensive game to the NRL then get schooled on the differences...

Interesting stat I read on NRL.com - Our team does the LEAST tackling from marker... It shows our marker defence is just not up to where it should be... We also do the least flops (as in all flops not just the ones penalties are given for) which I am happy about, as I think the BS slowing down of the play the ball gives me the shits, but we are also the 2nd most penalised team for slowing down the play the ball (although we are the 2nd worst at it) so go figure that one out (refs are great!)....

Wedgetail Eagle

Juniors
Cryptic, the least flops/2nd worst slowdown stat is a strange one. But, I suppose coaching staff would have to dissect that one.

mongoose

Coach
I would prefer no hooker on the bench, a "super utility" sure but I'm not a fan of two hookers and we hardly use them anyway.... Buttriss made a few of the more unforgiving defensive mistakes last weekend, but he is injured anyway so...

I've seen Cornish play and he certainly does look good but that's looking good in the Toyota cup, and most of our players managed that yet seam to unfortunantly bring that same defensive game to the NRL then get schooled on the differences...

Interesting stat I read on NRL.com - Our team does the LEAST tackling from marker... It shows our marker defence is just not up to where it should be... We also do the least flops (as in all flops not just the ones penalties are given for) which I am happy about, as I think the BS slowing down of the play the ball gives me the shits, but we are also the 2nd most penalised team for slowing down the play the ball (although we are the 2nd worst at it) so go figure that one out (refs are great!)....

Call me paranoid but the refs have been really hard on us for slowing down the play the ball this year, while other teams dont ever seem to get pulled up on it *cough broncos and storm cough*. It's bullshit.

Latest posts