1. Out Now:

The next edition of our exclusive weekly online e-magazine is here. The Front Row is your ideal guide to NRL Round 13 and Super League Round 8, with news, features, results, reports, teamlists, match stats and previews to accompany your weekend of footy viewing ahead.

This week's feature story is a history piece from Andrew Ferguson, with an insight into the life of the man who refereed the first NSWRFL first grade match in 1908 - Ted Hooper.

There's all the regular bits - the crossword and word jumbles, last week's wrap of results, reports, the ladder, stats leaders, match review and player of the year; plus your match program, with teamlists, player stats, head-to-head stats, match info and a full preview of every game of the NRL. There's also a detailed Super League program section.

EDITION 11 - OUT NOW!

Guest, click here to read online or download your free PDF copy

Split camp

Discussion in 'St George Illawarra Dragons' started by Slippery Morris, Jul 15, 2019.

1. Pablooo

Pablooo Juniors

The Rooster’s lost Keary for five weeks through injury and their wheels during that period nearly fell off. I couldn’t imagine how they would fair if they lost him for 17 weeks and also lost Cordner on similar circumstances to De Belin. These aren’t excuses but are explanations on why the teams performance could have suffered.

2. BLM01

BLM01 Bench

No..but where are Roosters on the ladder after that period!..mid season slumps are common for most teams..Roosters will recover. Dragons cant

3. Gareth67

Gareth67 First Grade

I really have no idea Carlton , but surely he must have some financial input and also decision making influence . Perhaps I am only grasping at straws in sheer desperation and hope that something is done to cut the cancer from the J.V. once and for all .

4. Dragons 09

Dragons 09 Juniors

Not having a go at you personally mate, but that just doesn't wash and takes too much of the onus off the coach.

Going into round 18, the Roosters are 10 wins, 6 losses and a F/A of 94. Going into round 18 last year, the Roosters were 10 wins, 6 losses and a F/A of 95 and went on to GF glory!.

The roosters are exactly where they want to be, where they need to be and where they would have planned to be and don't forget, in addition to Keary missing games, Latrell has had his issues, Friend has missed a big part of the season, JWH missed 6 games and Cronk and others have missed games and they have had Origin disruptions as well.

Meanwhile, we are 6 wins, 11 losses and a F/A of -100. I could go on and mention who they have beaten V's who we have beaten and look at the stats that show if your structures and executions are working or not, but what's the point, it's obvious, we are one of the worst coached teams in the NRL and Widdop, de Belin et al are in no way even a remote excuse for the quagmire we find ourselves in.

ALSGI, 18to87, BLM01 and 1 other person like this.
  5. getsmarty

getsmarty Referee

Well said.

6. Carlton

Carlton Juniors

I know Muzby thinks its tin foil hat stuff but, I cannot find any other reason for the interaction between the NRL, the St George board, JV board and WIN/Gordon.

7. Mickthedragon

Mickthedragon Juniors

And how do players like Dunamis Lui, Garrick, Pat Herbert, Havili, etc etc all look way better in other teams, now they don't have Mary coaching them?
    It should be clear as day to see.

8. brokendigit

brokendigit Juniors

Spot on. And, if it wasn't for Canterbury, we'd be minus 160, not 100.

getsmarty likes this.