What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Spoiler: Anyone thinking......

Ratchy

Juniors
The forwards must feel demorlising-hitting it up to be served that Sh$t at the end.
Look if he doesnt get rid of the halves next game than i loose my faith in Kearney .
I said id give them 6 games-They have been rubbish.I saw some light in mortimer but maybe it ws the sun refelcting off his back-Let him come good in Wenty not in first grade.And Robson .Oh my.............

If Mortimer had a decent halfback inside him he wouldn't look so bad. Thus far Robson hasn't been sighted in organising the attack & kicking game. Those aren't Mortimers strong points.

Hornby be would look as bad if he didn;t have Soward

hineyrulz

Post Whore
Mortimor and Robson are terrible. They have to go now. Don't care who replaces them. Kearney MUST change the halves combination immediately.
His only real option is Hayne to 6 and Casey to 7. And mitchell to Nein with Morts at 14 IMO.

Eels Dude

Coach
His only real option is Hayne to 6 and Casey to 7. And mitchell to Nein with Morts at 14 IMO.

That's the option I'd go with too. But persistance with this Mortimor/ Robson combo has to stop. Steve Kearney has rocks in his head if he doesn't change it for our next game.

spiderdan

Bench
Sk has already said (and finally admitted publicly) this is a rebuilding year. That being the case and seemingly with at least one of our ball players in robson being out of favour (I say as we are trying to buy a 7) I think sk should be throwing a young half into the mix (either humble if he is fit and or Murray) because let's face it, we can't be too much worse and if there was a time to start preparing for the future it is now.

I'm not so upset about this season as I had no expectations at the start but would really like to see evidence of some strategic thinking from our coaching staff rather than the talk we seem to get often. Time to start blooding players is now.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
That's the option I'd go with too. But persistance with this Mortimor/ Robson combo has to stop. Steve Kearney has rocks in his head if he doesn't change it for our next game.

Who are you going to replace them with?

We don't have enough hookers to move McGuire and we don't have a good enough fullback to shift Hayne.

By the looks of the tackle count we had no ball. Hardly worth blaming the halves for letting in 30 points.

Ratchy

Juniors
Sk has already said (and finally admitted publicly) this is a rebuilding year. That being the case and seemingly with at least one of our ball players in robson being out of favour (I say as we are trying to buy a 7) I think sk should be throwing a young half into the mix (either humble if he is fit and or Murray) because let's face it, we can't be too much worse and if there was a time to start preparing for the future it is now.

I'm not so upset about this season as I had no expectations at the start but would really like to see evidence of some strategic thinking from our coaching staff rather than the talk we seem to get often. Time to start blooding players is now.

Humble is or never will be a 7.......

Kornstar

Coach
I thought we were well drilled by the coach?

Regardless of the quality of the squad, the basics should atleast be there but they aren't, those are the things I blame on the coach!!!

We looked more dangerous against Melbourne until Mitchell went off, we haven't looked anywhere near that today at any stage......

Eels Dude

Coach

We don't have enough hookers to move McGuire and we don't have a good enough fullback to shift Hayne.

By the looks of the tackle count we had no ball. Hardly worth blaming the halves for letting in 30 points.

Burt has actually played well at fullback the past two weeks. Leave him there and move Hayne to 5'8th. Get rid of Robson completely and use Mitchell there and MK when he comes back in a couple of weeks. Even can give Morts a run as starting number 9.

hindy111

Post Whore

MAtt keating will be back.Morts / Mitchel can play 20mins at hooker from the bench.
Reni too the centres perhaps.Burt at fullback ?? or Feed marmin some steaks : )

oldmancraigy

Coach
Burt has actually played well at fullback the past two weeks. Leave him there and move Hayne to 5'8th. Get rid of Robson completely and use Mitchell there and MK when he comes back in a couple of weeks. Even can give Morts a run as starting number 9.

Burt was very plain today at FB

Although it's good to see he's watched Hayne enough to know how to milk the penalty through the dive!!

The option of Burt at FB is a terrible one. Go back and look at our results over the years in games where Burt has played FB - the defensive efforts are always BAD. And our win % is something like 35. That's even worse than this season!!

You can whinge all you want about the current team, but the one CERTAINTY is Hayne at FB (unless somehow unavailable).
You don't plug a leak in a boat by cutting off the rudder to stick it in there....

Personally I'm waiting until Keating returns from injury, then Keating to 9 and McGuire to 7.
It MIGHT be worthwhile just shuffling Robson to hooker while we wait?

Eels Dude

Coach
Burt was very plain today at FB

Although it's good to see he's watched Hayne enough to know how to milk the penalty through the dive!!

The option of Burt at FB is a terrible one. Go back and look at our results over the years in games where Burt has played FB - the defensive efforts are always BAD. And our win % is something like 35. That's even worse than this season!!

You can whinge all you want about the current team, but the one CERTAINTY is Hayne at FB (unless somehow unavailable).
You don't plug a leak in a boat by cutting off the rudder to stick it in there....

Personally I'm waiting until Keating returns from injury, then Keating to 9 and McGuire to 7.
It MIGHT be worthwhile just shuffling Robson to hooker while we wait?

We must have been watching a different game. Burt was very solid at the back positioning himself and made some pretty good kick returns.

Keating was expected to be out for 6 weeks and considering we have the bye next week he should be available for our next game.

Latest posts