What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

***spoiler*** anzac clash

gregstar

Referee
i f*cking knew it!

they've believed the press & thought they need only turn up to win.

very f*cking nerve-wracking game. roosters will have gained enormous confidence from the first half.

two blown tries & two missed goals will prove very costly.

Hutty1986

Immortal
I don't have Fox Sports here so i'm looking on League Unlimited and the NRL website.. now Rylesy's done his hand again

Hutty1986

Immortal
How bad was Wessy's drop in the 39th minute? Should he have scored or an understandable mistake?

Hutty1986

Immortal
Big Bustling Brutal Bopper Bickerstaff Bangs The Ball Down

That could be the match winner!!

gregstar

Referee
we are lucky to get out of this!

the roosters were robbed of a try courtesy of a crap obstruction ruling. that would have been a major play.

Hutty1986

Immortal
Yeah, it sounds like it was a pretty controversial decision, but having said that, didn't Shillington drop the ball over the line in the 1st half and get awarded the try anyway?

gregstar

Referee
Hutty1986 said:
Yeah, it sounds like it was a pretty controversial decision, but having said that, didn't Shillington drop the ball over the line in the 1st half and get awarded the try anyway?
no it was a fair try imo

Willow

Assistant Moderator
Excellent effort from Head again. I thought Timmins was standout too. Sims, Bailey, Creagh, Cooper and Hornby all did their bit. Barrett ending up packing into the front row and playing in the centres didn't go unnoticed.

How did Reece go in the seconds? :D

Lots of controversial decisions. As expected Clark penalised us a couple of times for tackling. lol
Way too many penalties.

Better handling and there would have been a few more tries. But overall I think it was a good game and gutsy effort by sides. Roosters down on players and Saints down to a two man bench. Although I'm sure Coggie or his equivalent will find something to be sore about.

Looks like we'll be without Ryles and Wes for some time.

God-King Dean

Immortal
Roosters should have got that try.

But on the other hand, their first try came off a bullsh*t call about Creagh taking the kicker out late.

We were definatly the better team, great win.

dubopov

Coach
Shillington certainly dropped the ball...Harrigan only awarded the try because Clarke said he was "95% sure he grounded it"...

Willow

Assistant Moderator
I've got no problems with any of the tries or no tries. Even with the video ref, its part of the game that there'll be close calls.

It was the persistent whistle blowing that got under my skin. Easts wanted a slow game to even up things in the backs, and that much was delivered to them.

Its ironic that the halfwit sore losers are squealing because Timmins' injury slowed play down, when in almost every second tackle Easts were holding down and trying to stop quick play-the-balls.

The rain evened out the track for them but they still couldn't score in the second half... end of story... its on the scoreboard. They were lucky to get as close as they did.

Trenno

Juniors
I am sure Ricky Stuart will have his say about the ref's decisions, but the calls were pretty even, which meant equally sh1thouse. I thought Clark killed us in the first half after we scored the 3rd try. We had momentum and the Roosters couldn't keep up with our quick plays of the ball. But then Clark started penalising us at every opportunity which killed our momentum. I was happy that the Roosters copped it in the 2nd half, but at the end of the day, it was just too many penalties which killed a lot of enjoyment out of the game.

We were the better team on the day. The score could have been better for us since Wes and Barrett bombed two tries in the 1st half. But what is worrying is that when we are attacking the opposition line, we look pretty lost in attack. It took some freakish kicks from Head to get our tries. He is severely in doubt on Saturday night with a reoccurance of his knee injury so that is a worrying sign for us.

The Preacher

First Grade
Trenno said:
I am sure Ricky Stuart will have his say about the ref's decisions, but the calls were pretty even, which meant equally sh1thouse. I thought Clark killed us in the first half after we scored the 3rd try. We had momentum and the Roosters couldn't keep up with our quick plays of the ball. But then Clark started penalising us at every opportunity which killed our momentum. I was happy that the Roosters copped it in the 2nd half, but at the end of the day, it was just too many penalties which killed a lot of enjoyment out of the game.

We were the better team on the day. The score could have been better for us since Wes and Barrett bombed two tries in the 1st half. But what is worrying is that when we are attacking the opposition line, we look pretty lost in attack. It took some freakish kicks from Head to get our tries. He is severely in doubt on Saturday night with a reoccurance of his knee injury so that is a worrying sign for us.

This problem has existed for the last two seasons. It makes headlines if we put on a set play, other than a kick, inside the opposition red-zone. I don't know if there are no plays or there just not being used.
icon6.gif

gregstar

Referee
i was delighted that we were using kicking as an attacking option. it was obviously an intentional strategy to combat the roosters' linespeed in defence.

four tries, one missed try, two dissallowed tries an a couple of linedropouts. which coach in the history of rugby league would knock that back if it was promised to him before a game?

it is a crap notion to suggest that it's good defence that makes this happen - we wouldn't have had that success if it was good defence.

Willow

Assistant Moderator
That's right. It took the Easts 'defence' an hour to work it out and give their outside man some help.

There was a weakness on the Roosters wing with Perrett clearly out of his depth against Wes. Offcourse they're going to try and direct some plays into that corner. And it worked with Wes winning the race every time. He came within a whisker of picking up a hat trick.