What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

***spoiler*** anzac clash

Godz Illa

Coach
Man-on-man, the Easts defence was good though. I singled out Brett Finch for praise in the NRL forum - I thought he was great. Brownie obviously made him a spot man for Ben Creagh and targeted him all day long, several times close to the line it seemed certain he would trample his way over.

Our backline shifts still lack polish from time to time. Barrett would frustrate me no end by turning the ball inside to Poore or Sims when Gasnier and Best were lining up out wide with room to move. The Roosters centres and wingers were all suspect and we didn't ask them enough questions. Admittedly, the opportunities were few - courtesy of linespeed, the short ten and the Roosters' traditional leisurely peeling off from the ruck.

Head, Hornby, Sims, Bailey, Barrett were my top five.

Slippery Morris

First Grade
If Reece Simmonds was playing instead of Wes, Reece would have scored a hatrick. One thing about Reece is that he has very good hands and would of easily scored that bombed try. I hope Reece comes back into the starting lineup.

bornadragon

Juniors
The anzac day is endicative of the way it's going to be with the 06 Dragons.
Gregstar, you're 100% right. Just turn up "she'll be right mate"... WRONG. At least, we can say we're lucky. The oppersition was far inferior, yet with heart they lifted and nealy sank us.

80 minutes a week, that's all it takes. Concentrate for that lonmg and you'll win everytime, you slacken off you see what Sh*it happens. Don't blame the rain, they played in ti too.

Willow

Assistant Moderator
Slippery Morris said:
One thing about Reece is that he has very good hands and would of easily scored that bombed try.
He would have been lower to the ground to start with.

Willow

Assistant Moderator
bornadragon said:
Don't blame the rain, they played in ti too.
Not blaming anything. Just a statement of fact that drier tracks suit the faster men. Damp underfoot and it becomes more of a forward's tussle. The injuries to Easts dulled their backline considerably.

Drew-Sta

Staff member
Their number 19 I think it was, Vanu?

That guy was a machine, ran hard and tested our defence. I would have thought that with how hard he was hitting the line that the Roosters would have given him a run off a short ball close to our line.

Regardless, I was very upset with the injuries we sustained. We just can't seem to get a break - No pun intended Rylesy.

Over all I thought we did well. We don't usually play well in wet weather, and this was a good show that we held on to the ball a fair amount.