What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

*spoiler* Canberra set to rename NRL side

That depends, if you come in here saying we shouldnt have scored a few tries and such of course we are going to react like this, you should be happy you scored 70 points, instead you come in here acting like a androtop, go back to your own forum you puss sucking sh*t for brains assclown

Johns Magic

Referee
VictorTheViking said:
That depends, if you come in here saying we shouldnt have scored a few tries and such of course we are going to react like this, you should be happy you scored 70 points, instead you come in here acting like a androtop, go back to your own forum you puss sucking sh*t for brains assclown

Wow. Sorry, didn't realise you were still in grieving Victor. It was a big loss.

strewth_mate

Bench
It's a shame, I was looking forward to this game but somewhere it just got bizarre and two teams playing very averagely managed to rack up 102 points. In other circumstances it would have been a typically decent clash and although I'm happy with the win it's probably best for both sides to forget today for a few reasons.

Best of luck fellas, sets it up beautifully for the rematch in Newcastle.

sydraider

First Grade
Johns Magic said:
Lol. I trust the rest of the Raiders fans aren't like you.

No they are not, I was in a shocking mood after that loss, sorry if I offended you. Still 25 rounds to go.

thickos

First Grade
The Raiders did a great job crushing all the positives from last week in one foul swoop....

70 is an abberation, and we need to take it as such. You'd do your head in trying to analyse everything that went wrong. But they mustn't have turned up with any sort of attitude in defence whatsoever.

You'd have to think big changes will be made, 70 can't happen without some repercussions.

dubby

Bench
I cannot explain the feeling i had, upon discovering we had 70 points scored against us for the first time in our 25 year history. And it was at home too.:cry:

THere cannot be any excuse from any player, coach or official for the woeful score yesterday. TO be walloped like that by a team like Newcastle (who essentially are a one man team) is bloody embarrasing.

What it comes down to, my fellow fans, is attitude. There was something wrong with the players attitudes. Obviously they weren't switched on, but it makes me wonder what else is brewing under the surface? Is it the future of 1/3 of our players, who are all off contract and wondering who their coach will be next year? Will the players like the coach, will they leave to another club etc? Is it a case of too many new faces who weren't prepared for the standard of playing at NRL level? Was is a poor preparation by the coaching team?
Its all over now, and i hope the team never make those same mistakes again. I hope they've learned their lesson. I hope we bounce back and give it to the Roosters this weekend. I hope we bounce back from this.

hrundi99

First Grade
As long as they can put it behind them I'm not overly concerned.

As I was watching it I didn't even get that annoyed. Joey was on fire and we lost the plot. It happens. It would have been worse if it was 70-4 or something. At least we showed SOME ticker.

The thing that bothered me is that there seemed to be a lot of forward (or at least very flat) passes by the Knights that were let go.

Maybe my eyes were playing tricks on me...

woodgers

Bench
The only thing that I would say in reflection (The game is a little hazy though) is that we witnessed the best player in the world tear us apart. You always have to come up with new and innovative ways to limiting what he does to minimise the damage. It was painfully obvious to me that our team didn't have any plan to combat it, whether Elliott sent them out there with one and they didn't follow it is speculation and will never be known.

I have been telling all and sundry since the end of last season that the Knights are my tip for premiers. When they got Joey back at the end of last year they were easily the best team in the comp for the last 6 or so rounds. Carney is a great buy, Buderus is still near his peak, Thaiday is developing beautifully for them and players like Abrahams can mix it with the best backrowers getting around. At the beginning of the year they were paying $11 to win the comp and stupidly I didn't get on them. If Joey is there come finals time then they are in with a damn good shot.

Jono078

Referee
Just on the Quinn and Lowrie try.. I thought Lowries was fine, players seemed to be in line with where his foot made contact with the ball (Kidley).

And I dont think Carmont touched it at all, if you can watch it in slower motion somehow, it looks like the raiders player touched it and it went forward then with his second attempt it went backwards and then Quinn scores.

Anyway, too bad on this weeks peformance guys and goodluck next week.

Go you raiders! Super effort....

what a crap weekend, got smashed in the cricket semi that finished yesterday, then i was going to go to the raiders to watch the second half but was dragged to the pub to drown the sorrows only to hear the score and almost fall off my chair. Watched the replay on Fox, saw Newcastle in their Go You Big Red Fire Engine shirts, and some other team that was pretending to defend. At least at this time of the year we can say there is always next week!

ed bbay

Juniors
very diisapointing i thought we d either win or lose by 8 or so points & then be in good shape for the roosters because they arent playing well at all . if they beat us next week then i think we should be un happy for now im going to forget that game ever happened .

im very dissapointed for zillman & milne i hope they dont cop all the blame 4 this game i thought both played well & i dont think u can single any player out we just did nt turn up with the right game plan to take on 2 of the best players in the world .

also last week we hurt manly up the middle this week they hammered us there every time we tried to settle things down or get out of our own half we ran from dummy half . message to elliott get another game plan you used your best one already & it wont work again . all teams have us worked out already .

look at what lang did with penrith yesterday he s got the goods he even declined an offer from the dragons to have a water break during the game & all his players steped up for him .

Latest posts