What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Spoiler: Kiwis vs GB

Micistm

Bench
F***! sums it up. That was terrible. Credit to GBs fantastic defence, but the Kiwis were utter ****. Archer being there didn't help, but that's no excuse for a rogering like that.
I don't know where you go from here- I did something I have not done for years, I stopped watching early in the second half in disgust. Just couldn't be bothered ruining my Sunday bumming myself out with a pitiful game like that.
I'll tape next Sunday, I'm gonna enjoy a sleep in instead. I'll make the effort if they do!!!!!

Packy

Bench
It was terrible. As you said Archer did not help but it truely was an inept performance. I don't think there was much of a gameplan at all.

ozbash

Referee
cant blame the ref for a gutless performance like that.

well done britain.

Copa

Bench
THis game is shown on delay in Oz... ko in just over an hour. The thread title will ruin it for fans in Oz.

crimpo

Juniors
Seems clear that NZ are there for the taking at the moment - that's two results now that give the PNG a bit of hope for next year. I know its a weakened NZ but will a stronger side assemble for the WC - what do you folks in NZ think?

Never mind next week, on that performance the French will be looking forward to Paris in a fortnight's time.

Hmmn copa - if I'm watching a delayed game I don't go onto the forums...

ozbash

Referee
Copa said:
THis game is shown on delay in Oz... ko in just over an hour. The thread title will ruin it for fans in Oz.

turn your computer off.

you want the rest of the world to stand still till you catch up ? :roll:

Evil Homer

Staff member
Copa said:
Sounds like a waste of time watching anyway....
There was some good play on show by GB, who were very very good to be fair. Don't watch if you want an even game though.

gavin

Juniors
1st test series win in 14 years, its been a long time coming.

Bring on the aussie's LOL.

Blaze

Juniors
Great Britan would have beaten any kiwis side we put out there this morning. They were pretty impressive, but I don't think they will be that good away from home...

playdaball

Bench
I was in England during that '93 series. That team with a strong Howie Tamati influence was not good but this team is CRAP.

ali

Bench
Copa said:
Sounds like a waste of time watching anyway....

GB played well. NZ lacked passion. It will be a very different NZ come world cup next year, so I wouldn't go writing them off yet. Though they might need a coach who can inspire them.

RLIF

Juniors
Copa said:

What kind of fool comes on the International league forum and expect not to see anything about the match:oops:

I missed the live coverage of the Ireland Lebanon game so i just stayed away from the net for the whole day till i watched the reply at 11pm at night....its not hard really:sarcasm:

roughyedspud

Coach
Blaze said:
Great Britan would have beaten any kiwis side we put out there this morning. They were pretty impressive, but I don't think they will be that good away from home...

i'll quote that like NZ quoted NZ after the wellington test last year...............

GB would have beaten any side the kiwis put out today......just like the kiwi's would have beaten any side in wellington last year........

that highlights the 2 sides......if NZ had a proper side out i'd pick the kiwis to win 2-1..

if the full strength kiwi side was over here i'd go 2-1 kiwis.......

at the end of the day there is'nt much between GB & NZ..........who ever is at home i'd pick as favourites......

nadera78

Juniors
NZ will obviously be asking questions of the coach and his staff, that goes without saying, but more than that they need to look at the players themselves. They just gave up. For all their talk during the week about being rough and tough, and the gloves coming off because of the judiciary etc, they just walked away from the battle. Especially Moimoi, who everyone was talking up, the only thing I saw him do was try to twist Peacock's knee when he was lieing on the floor.

Having said all that, GB played some lovely stuff (Burrow's try was beautiful) and dominated in every facet of the game from start to finish. Forwards (especially Peacock, Morley, Ellis, Burgess and Graham) pissed all over the Kiwis, halves were inventive and the backs ran well. Normally they look like a collection of players brought together at the last minute but they looked like a real team tonight. Shows what a decent coach can do I guess.