What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

SPOILERS: Eels vs Roosters Match Thread

Joshuatheeel

Staff member
Yep Burt - great club player. Put gee today had a bit of a shocker. He also fell of the roosters player for the last try. He is a speed hump in defence.

Joshuatheeel

Staff member
Keating is the worst starting hooker in the comp. I cannot believe we haven't signed an alternative for 2012.

I think we goes alright, but in my opinion playing 80 mins is to much for him -- we really need a hooker on the bench to give the side some spark around the 25 to 30 min mark.

yy_cheng

Coach
Keating is terrible. Dumb hospital passes, poor kicks. I thought Mitchell was better in attack but Keating better in defense.

Without Hayne at 5/8th, our attacking kicking game was non-existent again.

forward pass

Coach
We must have walked under every ladder, broken every mirror and killed every black cat this season. Absolutely NOTHING has gone our way this year. Nothing. We will not beat the titans next week because the gods are against us - pure and simple.

If we are leading 50 nil next week, we will still find a way to lose. It is just not going to happen no matter what and I have accepted the fact finally.

The Parra Bears - that's us. Oh well. Bring on the cricket.

Eels Dude

Coach
We must have walked under every ladder, broken every mirror and killed every black cat this season. Absolutely NOTHING has gone our way this year. Nothing. We will not beat the titans next week because the gods are against us - pure and simple.

If we are leading 50 nil next week, we will still find a way to lose. It is just not going to happen no matter what and I have accepted the fact finally.

The Parra Bears - that's us. Oh well. Bring on the cricket.

You make your own luck mate.

And if you make your own bad luck, opposing sides take advantage of that.

oldmancraigy

Coach
Keating is terrible. Dumb hospital passes, poor kicks. I thought Mitchell was better in attack but Keating better in defense.

Without Hayne at 5/8th, our attacking kicking game was non-existent again.

??

It was the same potency as it has been all year. A 1-man band.

You could play hayne at prop and he'd still have to do the same things as he does in attack. You're just pushing your agenda.

Eels Dude

Coach
Ah I see......so you're saying that it was the Eels fault the ref awarded Ryles' try?

Makes sense. :crazy:

You have to take the good with the bad. Sometimes those calls go against you, sometimes for you. Nobody seems to remember the 50/50 calls that go our way, or when we dominate the penalty count. They only remember the decisions that go against us.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
or when we dominate the penalty count.

I don't know why people assume this indicates an advantage.

It usually means we were unduly held down or spoiled inside the opposition 20, because teams know this is an easy way to nullify our attack.

I put it to you that of the 8+ penalties we might receive in a game like this, there are probably another 20 the refs didn't want to blow.

In short, if penalty counts were supposed to be even, we may as well do away with them.

Eels Dude

Coach
I don't know why people assume this indicates an advantage.

It usually means we were unduly held down or spoiled inside the opposition 20, because teams know this is an easy way to nullify our attack.

I put it to you that of the 8+ penalties we might receive in a game like this, there are probably another 20 the refs didn't want to blow.

In short, if penalty counts were supposed to be even, we may as well do away with them.

They're an advantage in that for every penalty you receive you get a repeat set and get out of enemy territory with a kick for touch 20 metres down field. In a game which relies on possession and field position it can make a big difference to the outcome of a match.

Chipmunk

Coach
nah - mitchell started tonight for the chooks! Shame he didn't play the 80 - we'd have been sweet.

So 2nd worst?

I think Mitchell is a better dummy half than Keating....Just because he couldnt get much of a run at Parra ahead of Keating, doesnt mean Keating is a better player.