What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

SPOILERS: Sharks V Broncos 2/7/06

Booyah

Bench
We needed this kick in the arse. As someone said, we've had all nice fluffy stuff written about us the past few weeks and I guess some of the boys are starting to believe it.

wittyfan

Referee
The last two weeks have been okay, but perhaps a loss wasn't too far away.

Still, this is a similar Brisbane team that was touched up by Souths only a few weeks ago.

wittyfan

Referee
Parker has to be the worst regular kicker in the comp!

Anyway, they didn' need to have a good kicker today.

the toughie

Juniors
SHARK-SPURS said:
Pommeroy in for Scott. How many more chance to screw up can he get. Defence has been ordinary.
Are you kidding!!
Scott was alright today. Had one drop ball but defense was ok. Dykes let in the first two tries.

carinashark

First Grade
Sharks again cop a football lesson from the Broncos. No way are we a Grand final side. So in 2007 ..........

Sharkie73

Bench
SHARK-SPURS said:
The forwards apart from Douglas have been horrible. Could Toshio Laiseni replace Covell anytime soon seeing as he can kick goals??

Why??? Covell played well Scott should be the one to go.

azzah72

Bench
i'd say pomm was a better player today over scott, albert can be pretty scary under the high ball, covell was solid again in a bad team, bird was solid also, thommo had an off day ............ i think we needed to lose a game anyway, as long as it doesn't keep happening, we can't win every game to the premiership! ;-)

JimSeeFanClub

Juniors
It was a performance befitting of the jumper they played in. I hope they never use that jumper again. Its not a sharks jumper, its an embarassment.

Stonecutter

First Grade
the toughie said:
Are you kidding!!
Scott was alright today. Had one drop ball but defense was ok. Dykes let in the first two tries.

He slipped off alot of tackles when the broncos were bringing it out. He goes high on every occasion when he should go low. He has been weak in the centres for a few weeks. Pommeroy in the second half played higher then expectations something that Scott hasn't done lately.

Last year his running was great and so to was his defence, not nearly as potent in attack and defence this year. If he can bring back that form then he is a quality centre but right now it just isn't there. Put Pom into the centres and Scott into second row off the bench where he has been effective this year.

Stonecutter

First Grade
Sharkie73 said:
Why??? Covell played well Scott should be the one to go.

Just an option if the sharks find themselves in a slump. He could be play fullback now that Simmons has done a medial Ligment that could keep him out.

ghoti

Bench
SHARK-SPURS said:
He slipped off alot of tackles when the broncos were bringing it out. He goes high on every occasion when he should go low. He has been weak in the centres for a few weeks. Pommeroy in the second half played higher then expectations something that Scott hasn't done lately.

Last year his running was great and so to was his defence, not nearly as potent in attack and defence this year. If he can bring back that form then he is a quality centre but right now it just isn't there. Put Pom into the centres and Scott into second row off the bench where he has been effective this year.
Agreed. Pomeroy played very well, grasped his oppurtunity and proved himself. Scott was below even his standards, but so was half of the team.

Interesting to see how Raper treats this with his team selections for next week. I wouldn't be making too many changes, we played poorly, but a form slump was expected...we can't be expected to keep winning, losses are inevitable at this stage of the season.

the toughie

Juniors
SHARK-SPURS said:

Scott only had 1 missed tackle all game. I think he would be alot more effective if he got the ball when he is at full steam out wide. He doesn't see any quality ball wide so the only time he touches the ball is when goes for a scoot.

Stonecutter

First Grade
the toughie said:
Scott only had 1 missed tackle all game. I think he would be alot more effective if he got the ball when he is at full steam out wide. He doesn't see any quality ball wide so the only time he touches the ball is when goes for a scoot.

Solution: 2nd row off the bench. he played well in that position much better then in the centres. Straight and hard is his game and the 2nd row is the ideal place to use that talent because he will get earlier ball.