What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Spoilers WCC

Fairleigh Good!

Juniors
As you all crow about in the Tri Nations, it is not Bradford's fault that Wests didn't have more friendlies before they got pasted in the WCC.

And the people abusing the commentators for bigging up Stuart Fielden need to get a life too. So they are trying to talk up a British player, playing for a British club in Britain. Strike me down.

Fielden, by the way, is ten times the player Morley ever was and would be amongst the top 2 or 3 forwards in the NRL. He is an awesome physical specimen and a fantastic player all round. For me to say that of a Bradford player must mean he is great, and he is.

Don't rate Wests at all, that Bunji Mansell must be a cracking player to make that crap win the Grand Final. Is he as good as Sonny Boy Williamson?

Entertaining to see the side representing Australia losing again. Becoming quite a regular occurance

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
Front-Rower said:
What a game this is :roll:. Well done to the team from Bradford, or should I say Australia, or is it NZ? its hard to tell with all those aussies and kiwis in the team.

A try from the 7th tackle, was there a 10 metres out there tonight, or was it more like about 6 or 7 and 4 warm up games against first grade opposition whereas the tigers had a game against Gunnedah.....

Its a concept designed for the pommies to finally win something as has been demonstrated over the last 5 years. It either has to be played on a much more even playing field or scrapped altogether.

Pathetic. Your team simply wasn't good enough. Be it lack of preparation, be it whatever, Bradford were better on the day. Leeds took us under last year, we weren't good enough. We came back, we gave a valiant effort, but Leeds were better on the day. This year, Bradford are, so deal with it, instead of being a whiney bitch. FFS, you won the Telstra Premiership

*entire paragraph assumes you are a Tigers supporter - because you're too gutless to actually wear your colours with pride...

Davester

Juniors
dodge said:
:lol:

Wonder where all the Tiger fans are... :D

I'd be asking the same to you last year ;-)

Anyways! Obviously poor game by the Wests Tigers but no surprise at all really. It was all in Bradford's favour. They are used to the conditions, they had much better preperation and all.

Not to take anything away from the Bulls, they steamrolled us. Stuart Fielden is one heck of an awesome player and I hope to see him play in the NRL soon. Be great to watch him play here.

I'm not really bothered at all, doesn't contribute to our competition points for this season.

Don't really have much to say other then that, was good to see a little glimpse of Shannon McDonnell's speed. He'll come good with more games under his belt!

Congratulations to Bradford, well deserved win. Now bring the WCC down this end!

Front-Rower

First Grade
Fairleigh Good! said:
As you all crow about in the Tri Nations, it is not Bradford's fault that Wests didn't have more friendlies before they got pasted in the WCC.

And the people abusing the commentators for bigging up Stuart Fielden need to get a life too. So they are trying to talk up a British player, playing for a British club in Britain. Strike me down.

Fielden, by the way, is ten times the player Morley ever was and would be amongst the top 2 or 3 forwards in the NRL. He is an awesome physical specimen and a fantastic player all round. For me to say that of a Bradford player must mean he is great, and he is.

Don't rate Wests at all, that Bunji Mansell must be a cracking player to make that crap win the Grand Final. Is he as good as Sonny Boy Williamson?

Entertaining to see the side representing Australia losing again. Becoming quite a regular occurance

Don't see the poms winning when playing for their country...thats right cause they don't have any decent players bar 1 or 2, always rely on their imports at club level........

Its actually Benji Marshall and Sonny Bill Williams bro, a bit dyslexic are we?

ParraDude_Jay

First Grade
Lolesi :lol: He's one of the worst players in Rugby League. Richards just starred for Wigan and Lolesi turns this performance in :lol:. Back down to the cellar Tigers, they're following Penrith's lead well.

Ref has no idea though, 7th tackle tries :lol: And Stevo "well it is the first game of the year".. he should still be able to count. Ganson's an idiot (I didn't even see who is ref, you can just tell it's Ganson's work).

Speaking of Stevo, I wish he'd stop trying to make up for their pathetic international performances with his calling the Tigers "those Aussie boys" as if they represent the country.

Well played Fielden, he carried Bradford today when that no-hoper Iestyn Harris went missing for the 50th time in 50 games.

Front-Rower

First Grade
dodge said:
Pathetic. Your team simply wasn't good enough. Be it lack of preparation, be it whatever, Bradford were better on the day. Leeds took us under last year, we weren't good enough. We came back, we gave a valiant effort, but Leeds were better on the day. This year, Bradford are, so deal with it, instead of being a whiney bitch. FFS, you won the Telstra Premiership

*entire paragraph assumes you are a Tigers supporter - because you're too gutless to actually wear your colours with pride...

You assume, but you assume wrongly.

Your team would of been better with a few games against reasonable oppositon, Penrith sit in the same boat, along with every other team that has ventured to the other side of the world to play this game.

What about a neutral ref aswell?

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
Davester said:

Congratulations to Bradford, well deserved win. Now bring the WCC down this end!

Line 1. Care to go back to last year and find posts on the first weekend in Feb? I think you'll find I was on here happily posting.

Line 2. Well said, good to see a WT fan with a level head :thumb

Fairleigh Good!

Juniors
Davester said:

Anyways! Obviously poor game by the Wests Tigers but no surprise at all really. It was all in Bradford's favour. They are used to the conditions, they had much better preperation and all.

Not to take anything away from the Bulls, they steamrolled us. Stuart Fielden is one heck of an awesome player and I hope to see him play in the NRL soon. Be great to watch him play here.

I'm not really bothered at all, doesn't contribute to our competition points for this season.

Don't really have much to say other then that, was good to see a little glimpse of Shannon McDonnell's speed. He'll come good with more games under his belt!

It would be a good yardstick to have the game in Australia. Somewhere cold would be nice, all that heat wouldn't do the players any good at all.

It looks pretty warm at the game on the TV, my car said it was -7 here when I nipped for some maltesers at half time.

Eddie.

Bench
Bradford played really well, their defence was bruising and clinical. First time i have seen Fielden and he looks an awesome player.

We were ordinary, Prince especially. Hodgson was our best player by a mile, a very gutsy performance at the back. Fitzhenry played alright too. We got smashed in the forwards and our outside backs looked small.

Lick our wounds and come home for the real business, defending out title.

Fairleigh Good!

Juniors
Front-Rower said:
Don't see the poms winning when playing for their country...thats right cause they don't have any decent players bar 1 or 2, always rely on their imports at club level........

Its actually Benji Marshall and Sonny Bill Williams bro, a bit dyslexic are we?

That was a little joke at the commentators in reality. When SBW played over here Stevo was telling the Sky TV viewers how "Sonny Boy Williamson" was the next best thing, and he called Benji "Bunji" a couple of times too.

Look, half the Wests second row was English. Soon the NRL won't have any Australian players.

Harold Bishop

Juniors
Fairleigh Good! said:
That was a little joke at the commentators in reality. When SBW played over here Stevo was telling the Sky TV viewers how "Sonny Boy Williamson" was the next best thing, and he called Benji "Bunji" a couple of times too.

Look, half the Wests second row was English. Soon the NRL won't have any Australian players.
WTF are you jibbering on about?
Phil Gould summed it up best "Bradford would not make the top 8 in the NRL"

Azkatro

First Grade
I think Phil Gould is delusional. Look at the teams that have finished at number 8 in 2004 and 2005, Canberra and Manly respectively. You'd have to be an idiot to think that Bradford's best side wouldn't successfully reach the position those sides did, if not higher.

Balmain Bug

Juniors
Brett Hodgson - Great game, but did not run 2nd phase off Skando or other forwards. 8/10

Shannon McDonell - The game did not suit him. Narrow field, no open play. Needs to gain 10 kilos of muscle. Will score plenty of trys for BRET this year. 2/10

Paul Whatuira - One of our best. Class performance in all facets. 7/10

Dean Collis - Was clearly nervous. The small 10 metres gave him no room to move. A much better player than what we saw today. 3/10

Jamall Lolesi - Gave his all and more. 6/10

Daniel Fitzhernry - Good game from Fitzy. 6.5/10

Scott Prince - Terrible. 0/10 is too high a score for Scott. Did not want to be out there. Did not do one good thing in 80 minutes. Lacked ticker big time. He did not value the meaning of the game.

Ben Galea - 1/10. Terrible in Defence and attack. I counted 12 missed tackles from him which was almost more than Bradfords entire missed tackle count. Was a passenger and will be in real danger of not being in 1st grade if continues to play like that. I think he'll aim up though.

Anthony Laffranchi - Was only given 25 minutes. The new boys were given more of a run and fair enough. 5/10.

Chris Heighnington- Committed game, lacked support from Galea. Tackled his heart out and did Galea's tackling as well as Prince's. 6/10

John Skandalis - Skando played 24 minutes. His time went to O'Hara and Harris. Good defence and was marked well in attack. 5/10

Robbie Farah - Played well. Not supported by Prince. 6/10

Ryan O'Hara - Played OK. Did not dominate. Did not look like coming close to dominating. Not as good as Payten yet. 5/10

Liam Fulton - The game did not suit his style of play. I would have had him at 5/8, Fitzy in the centres and Collis on the wing with McDonnell watching the game from home. Tackled his heart out and did Galea's tackling as well as Prince's. 5/10

Bronson Harrison - Our most aggressive player apart from Heighington and Whatuira. Tackled his heart out and did Galea's tackling as well as Prince's. Played like he wanted to win. 7/10

Bryce Gibbs - Tried hard. Needs a few more kilo's of muscle and will be one of the best props in the NRL. Needs to do less triathalon stuff and more weights. 6/10

Sam Harris - Played 14 minutes ?? or something like that. The game did not suit his style. 2/10

Congrats to Bradford. Too Big, too strong, too commited !

hybrid_tiger

Coach
Fitzhenry would have played alright if he didn't have #6 on his back.

He should be moved back to the wing - he can't create any play at five-eighth.

Prince was terrible.