What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Sponsor trouble.

millersnose

Post Whore
morf

it is difficult what to make of this

you see your post actually is not very specific beyond a group of sponsors banding together as a pressure group

you alude to being a party to this "meeting" -again i dont know you have been on here making all sorts of predictions none of which has actually happened (yet)

all i know is the press scouring for dirt will find your post and use it to the detriment of the sharks

i just pray you are not some big noting wank and there is substance behind it

Frenzy

Juniors
The only difference between these sponsors and many of the fans here is that because their companies combine to give the club over $1.5 million per year to the club, there is every chance the club might listen.

14 sponsors were in this meeting you say? For the figure to be that high LG would have to be one of them one would think yet they happily signed on again when their previous 3 year deal was up.

Entry level sponsorship at the Sharks is a mere $5,000 and there are well over 100 sponsors.

To be a chance of losing $1.5m you must of had all the big boys in the meeting :)

Something like that I'm sure would be hard to keep secret

imasharkie

Coach
Frenzy said:
The only difference between these sponsors and many of the fans here is that because their companies combine to give the club over $1.5 million per year to the club, there is every chance the club might listen.

14 sponsors were in this meeting you say? For the figure to be that high LG would have to be one of them one would think yet they happily signed on again when their previous 3 year deal was up.

Entry level sponsorship at the Sharks is a mere $5,000 and there are well over 100 sponsors.

To be a chance of losing $1.5m you must of had all the big boys in the meeting :)

Something like that I'm sure would be hard to keep secret
Sounds like a bit of common sense has come to this post.......thanks Frenzy

Morpheus

Juniors
Common Sense ?

When did you and Frenzy get married Bouebotboy ?

Sharks Sponsorship packages:-

entry level at $5000 mr Frenzy ??? wrong.

To begin sponsoring the sharks one can spend as little as$660

where did you get your " facts" frenzy ?

Business house sponsorship is what it is called, and if you had any substance to your guesswork you would have known that.

you can then up the anti to $ 1600 for a corporate concourse sponsorship if you wish.

Then you can work your way up to the maximum basic box sponsorship which costs $$44,290 per season.

This is for Box sponsorship, then there are many more sponsors who put much more than that into the club each year over and above their box cost of $44,290.

These include:-

Short Sponsors
Sleeve Sponsors
Shark Attack sponsors
Big Screen match day sponsors
Mermaid Short Sponsors
Match Day Spondors
match day signage sponsors
Corporate launch sponsors ( yes folks, the club asks sponsors to fork out more $$$ each year for the privelage of "launching" the season over and above their current sponsorship)
Blackm tie ball sponsors
ACtion replay sponsors

and the list goes on...and on.....and on.....

with the exception of match day signage and match day sponsorship, all these sponsorship weigh in at more than the most expensive box seat for the year.

bearing mind that ALL of the sponsors in this group not only hold $44,290 Boxes for the year , or $28,800 boxes on the east side, they ALL contibute sponsorship of another kind , be it signage, match day etc etc

averaging over $100,000 per company per year.

Some pay more, some less, but that is the average.

All sponsors weighing in that much or more are involved in this group, with 2 exceptions.

Morpheus

Juniors
I should add Frenzy. That your pal. who also sponsors the club has failed to reply to 3 emails of invite to the discuss things, is there a problem ? email me and let me know if you have the time mate. It's no problem as smaller level sponsors are getting involved aswell in a different way and he needn't offer his name in his support to help.

I agree with cheese

Morpheus with respect people are starting to really doubt your claims
We've seen no evidence of anything

And just because a group of 14 decides to meet doesnt mean they have the power to change the club, or even have the power within the company they work for to dictate that corporation's sponsorship terms with the Sharks

Plus I'm still trying to figure out if youre a force for good or evil
:evil:

Jimbo

Immortal
ShireShark said:
Plus I'm still trying to figure out if youre a force for good or evil
:evil:

If Morpheus is who I think he is, he uses a white light sabre...

Sharkie73

Bench
As I said in a post a while back when this S##t fight started, if the team dosn't win the sponsers walk, why???? its simple because they only want to assosiated with winners. Yes both sides are to blame Ando and the board ( For the loseing culture ) but I tend to lean more to one side than the other, Why because we went from a side who where one game shy of a grand final to sweet FA in 2 seasons. Reason!! to many senior players chopped at once and to soon. And it has now come back to bite us in the arse big time. I don't care who coach's next year now I just want to be back in the 8 and work on getting our premiership from there.

Frenzy

Juniors
You really don't have to get all uppity whenever someone queries what you say Morph. We all get queried and doubted; it's no big deal. Perhaps if you'd spit it all out and stop sending out the berley trail people wouldn't be so dubious :)

14 x over $100,000 each makes them all gold or silver sponsors then as I suggested. All the big boys in other words.

I don't discount these things outright but I remain skeptical as I maintain this would be too hard to keep secret.

As to my friend. Keep emailing, he's moving his offices from the city to suburbia. His company name is in the email address I gave you, why don't you get the new number from directory assistance and ring him?

Is having these discussions on a public forum that board members read part of the tactics?

Morpheus

Juniors
Hi Frenzy, I wasn't being uppity, just trying to return serve with a bit of humour and light hearted banter as I felt that was the tone in many of the chats I have seen on this forum, sorry If i offended.

As far as tactics go frenz, that side is well under control and if you get in touch with me email wise I can explain why, sometimes it works very nicely to discuss a few things publicly, even perhaps where your "enemies" may lay ( enemies is too harsh a word in this case but it sounds more glorified ! )

ShireShark, I seem to have upset you, but it was not my intention,and by all means, doubt as much as you can, without doubt in a yound mans mind he becomes naive, to doutb and question is healthy and I have no problem doing such, nor to the group as a whole, we know that words mean little and have expected many loyal and passionate sharks people to question many things, our motives in particular, only our actions and responsible handling of things should we succeed in our wishes can earn the trust and respect of fellow sharks fans and sponsors.

Hi Jimbo, I'm not sure we have met, but I'm glad you class me as a white light sabre guy !

I had some news today regarding the coaching position. So much that will or will not happen next season rests on the call that will be made when Anderson returns that it is plainly obvious that anderson CANNOT coach the sharks next year , or if by some miracle or total turnaround he IS the coach, it will be a devastatingly bad year for us performance wise.

Why ? because staff are already making word of mouth deals and promises of what will happen, where players can play, who can leave who will join ( not many, salary cap is busted already). With all this Judas style behaviour that is hardly secret or behind closed doors at the club, what kind of environment will be waiting for anderson should he return ? one where every player knows what was said while he was away, watching their team mates bow and scrape to Raper hoping for a better go next year.

No one will be able to look the coach, or eachother in the eye and ANdersons history shows that he fast dispenses of those who show him any form of disrespect or lack of confidence.

It will not be a year to enjoy as a sharks fan, hence my total support for the decisions that is has been arranged will be made on his return from tour.

ali

Bench
Hmmm, I am not sure where I stand on this. Hopefully all will end up for the good. As I know the media read these boards I am waiting to see confirmation of this in the papers.

But for all those doubting our playing strength for next year, I think you will pleasently surprised. The only thing that could make us struggle is if the internal fighting continues. But player wise, I think we have the strength and dpeth to go quite well.

SadShark

Bench
At the risk of getting my violin out of it's case, I will bleed my heart dry to you from a Non-Shire perspective. I live in Newcastle and have supported the Sharks since 1973 - that's my problem and I deal with it every year up here, which incurs constant ridiculing from the local knuckleheads.

Up here, the Sharks are a joke - sorry if that seems harsh but, they are looked upon as a pathetic team of only nuisance value by many rugby league supporters I have met. The Knights took only ten seasons to get it right. Why do we still wait and wait? It nearly killed me to see Penrith win again this year. Absolute torture for a Sharks fan with so many past Sharks involved. Can you imagine how it felt to be a Penrith supporter? We have only ever done just that - imagined if it was us.

The Sharks image outside the Shire could use something in the way of a positive injection. The only way for them to gain this injection is to win the damned trophy. It just simply cannot be that hard to work out, particularly from a sponsors point of view. If the board are satisfied with their own performance each year then we've got trouble and dismay for as long as they stay put!

If it is true that the sponors have bandied together to voice their dissapproval of these board members - the same ones who keep us fans deprived of a premiership every year - (and IT IS them so don't bother to defend them or say it's the coach or players to blame) then bring it on!

(Puts violin back in case)

wittyfan

Referee
SadShark said:
At the risk of getting my violin out of it's case, I will bleed my heart dry to you from a Non-Shire perspective. I live in Newcastle and have supported the Sharks since 1973 - that's my problem and I deal with it every year up here, which incurs constant ridiculing from the local knuckleheads.

Up here, the Sharks are a joke - sorry if that seems harsh but, they are looked upon as a pathetic team of only nuisance value by many rugby league supporters I have met. The Knights took only ten seasons to get it right. Why do we still wait and wait? It nearly killed me to see Penrith win again this year. Absolute torture for a Sharks fan with so many past Sharks involved. Can you imagine how it felt to be a Penrith supporter? We have only ever done just that - imagined if it was us.

The Sharks image outside the Shire could use something in the way of a positive injection. The only way for them to gain this injection is to win the damned trophy. It just simply cannot be that hard to work out, particularly from a sponsors point of view. If the board are satisfied with their own performance each year then we've got trouble and dismay for as long as they stay put!

If it is true that the sponors have bandied together to voice their dissapproval of these board members - the same ones who keep us fans deprived of a premiership every year - (and IT IS them so don't bother to defend them or say it's the coach or players to blame) then bring it on!

(Puts violin back in case)

:lol: I wouldn't worry about what people think of Cronulla up there, those fickle Knights fans don't want to know their team when their precious Joey Johns is out injured or suspended.

Mr Angry

Not a Referee
Naturally we have opinions on what should happen.

I think however we would all agree, this must be sorted before the new year, if we are to have any hope of a decent season in 2004.

Who goes and who stay's is important, making those decisions quickly even more so.

*Doesn't Morpheus have complete faith in Mr Anderson aka the one?*

Latest posts