What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Spoon

The Colonel

Immortal
Russle crowes band said:
manly are manly. they dont have a half back really and the best player they had last year has been fired.

:lol: :lol:

They have a good halfback in Monaghan (now club captain) who really needs to stand one position wider to really improve his effectiveness and may have the opportunity to do so having snared Witt from the Eels. Witt makes up for what they lost in Walker when it comes to goalkicking.

The backline depth and defence is the biggest worry - an exciting up and comer in Stewart and proven try scorers in Hicks and Donald - it appears likely that Terry Hill will have to make a move back to the centres despite his good final season at the Tigers at lock or Steve Menzies may have to look at a more permanent move. Hopoate can be both a saviour and a hinderance. There will be a big reliance on untested juniors out wide especially if injuries occur. Anthony Watmough is another forward who could make the move wide and given the back row depth its a good possibility that one if not two backrowers will play much of 2005 in the 3 and 4 jerseys.

Their forward depth is good rather than great at this stage. Much depends on how long Kennedy spends on the paddock and whether Kite can live up to his form of last year and the heavier wallet in his back pocket.

Threat for the spoon - possibly but it hasn't happened before so why would it happen now. They always seem to lift just when it matters the most. As much as I'd like to see it I doubt it will.

Sir Clifford GC

Juniors
hahahaah i love how like in years past so many people relish picking manly to win the spoon.
hahahahaahahahah you think they would give up, we've been around almost 60 seasons and have never won a spoon we arent going to start now.

If anything i think we will press for the 8 and may just fall short but i could be wrong we could make our way into the 8 :D

Zetland Zoo

Juniors
DevoutDragon said:
souths will get the spoon again, they should not be back in the comp.

then there will be manly, sharks, canberra fighting it out for the honours of being 14th, 13th and 12th...

Souths may do it yet again, but it is really nice to see that the merged scum teams have had no success.

Roosters.

Just because I'd like to see it. Having said that, maybe it is possible if we get another salary cap scandal.

Realistically tough, it's hard to see Souths being seriously challenged for another spoon.

God-King Dean

Immortal
To me, Souths has only won the spoon since they got back in. Yes in 2002 Bulldogs came last but I don't think anyone would argue that if the scandal did not happen they probrably would have finished around the top 4 still in 2002. Sotuhs will be fighting for a bit of pride

Zetland Zoo

Juniors
Immortal said:
& you go for Sharks I guess :roll:

Are you guessing about me?
If so no I am not a cronulla supporter.
You don't have to be to realise what merged scum is, you just need a perception level slightly above the dear departed.

Stranger

Coach
Zetland Zoo said:
Immortal said:

You don't have to be to realise what merged scum is, you just need a perception level slightly above the dear departed.
:lol: I love it when people try and sound intelligent......

Why dont you tell us who you go for?

Zetland Zoo

Juniors
Stranger said:
Zetland Zoo said:
Immortal said:

I will, seeing as you asked.
I am and always have been a Souths supporter.
The reason I didn't say that is that no one asked, but seeing as you now have you have your answer.
I don't try to sound intelligent although I do try to avoid sounding unintelligent or even looking that way (failed a few times too).
One way of my doing this is that I try not to make assumptions about people, that usually makes you look unintelligent and if an english teacher read my response I would fail the exam.

God-King Dean

Immortal
Zetland Zoo said:
Stranger said:
Zetland Zoo said:
Immortal said:

I will, seeing as you asked.
I am and always have been a Souths supporter.
The reason I didn't say that is that no one asked, but seeing as you now have you have your answer.
I don't try to sound intelligent although I do try to avoid sounding unintelligent or even looking that way (failed a few times too).
One way of my doing this is that I try not to make assumptions about people, that usually makes you look unintelligent and if an english teacher read my response I would fail the exam.

:blahb:

Iafeta

Referee
Immortal said:
To me, Souths has only won the spoon since they got back in. Yes in 2002 Bulldogs came last but I don't think anyone would argue that if the scandal did not happen they probrably would have finished around the top 4 still in 2002. Sotuhs will be fighting for a bit of pride

Champ, any club could spend to their hearts content and would find themselves up near the top. The Bulldogs did, and finished where they deserved, dead last.

Stranger said:
Ohh ffs canberras attack this season was dreadful and predictable. If you couldnt see that then u do have problems.

If you can't see that Mclinden and Dorn are good buys for the London Broncos then you do have problems.

Latest posts