What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Sport Accord recognition

langpark

First Grade
Like a bad fart that just won't go away....

upload_2018-4-6_0-35-28.png

Attachments

• upload_2018-4-6_0-35-23.png
    upload_2018-4-6_0-35-23.png
    428.3 KB · Views: 2

adamkungl

Immortal
Heard whispers from South Africa that GAISF recognition has done all of sweet f**k all to improve their funding situation. As expected.

Pommy

Coach
Heard whispers from South Africa that GAISF recognition has done all of sweet f**k all to improve their funding situation. As expected.

But there isn’t recognition yet is there? RL has been accepted as an observer, which my understanding means they will decide at a later date if it is an actual sport or not.

deal.with.it

Juniors
But there isn’t recognition yet is there? RL has been accepted as an observer, which my understanding means they will decide at a later date if it is an actual sport or not.

What it means is that RL is an official sport. It’s now up to NGBs to apply for recognition. If the country refuses then the RLIF can take that matter to the ICJ - to which that government will lose.

Pommy

Coach
What it means is that RL is an official sport. It’s now up to NGBs to apply for recognition. If the country refuses then the RLIF can take that matter to the ICJ - to which that government will lose.

Does it though? Because we’re not a full member so what happens when we become a full memember?
Taken from the RLIF website.

Observer Status gives the RLIF the right to attend the GAISF General Assembly and allows it to take advantage of the GAISF network to grow and develop. The GAISF Observer Status has been designed as the first step in the path towards fulfilment of all criteria required for GAISF membership.

Observer status only last a couple of years before we either get moved up or lose all accreditation again.
I said when this was first announced that I felt people on here were getting carried away a little early, I still can’t find anything that suggests anything has changed yet.

Coastbloke

Bench
In regard to South Africa, the RLIF needs to travel to that country for a agreed meeting with the President's Office and the Sports ministry with a Powerpoint presentation of the cream of Club, Origin and Test football and ask them to their face WHY is this sport not getting it's fair share of funding and support. Then the South African Govt can either put up or shut up and explain to the RLIF their stand on the issue..

Pommy

Coach
In regard to South Africa, the RLIF needs to travel to that country for a agreed meeting with the President's Office and the Sports ministry with a Powerpoint presentation of the cream of Club, Origin and Test football and ask them to their face WHY is this sport not getting it's fair share of funding and support. Then the South African Govt can either put up or shut up and explain to the RLIF their stand on the issue..

I think we’re getting in to fantasy now if you think the South African government has to answer to the RLIF.

adamkungl

Immortal
I think we’re getting in to fantasy now if you think the South African government has to answer to the RLIF.

You're right in that, but I think Coastbloke has a point in that a direct appeal/promotion from high ups in the game might help.

South Africa/any strong Union playing country could undoubtedly rise quite high in the game if they wanted to. There has to be some appeal in more opportunity to represent in international sport and building stronger connections to other nations. On the other hand, what does League offer them that Union doesn't already?

Stallion

First Grade
You're right in that, but I think Coastbloke has a point in that a direct appeal/promotion from high ups in the game might help.

South Africa/any strong Union playing country could undoubtedly rise quite high in the game if they wanted to. There has to be some appeal in more opportunity to represent in international sport and building stronger connections to other nations. On the other hand, what does League offer them that Union doesn't already?

A better code of rugby! That's what RL offers!

Coastbloke

Bench

That's pretty much what I meant, but I conceed I sounded a little more bolshie.
I don't suggest just turning up and bashing the door in, but definitely a exchange of letters and the pursuit of purposeful meetings. I do think it's fair to directly ask for a explanation as to WHY League get's such disgraceful treatment from the Government.

Pommy

Coach
Perhaps not in many places where rugby league is not given a chance to be a choice! ?

Yes we understand that but it’s irrelevant as it’s union who are in charge and you repeating the same thing on here isn’t going to change that.

it's a choice of discerning ,trendy ,hard working human beings.
Who are correct in their assessment.

Look if the rugby World Cup was being played in my garden I would close he curtains. But I understand other people may feel different, stallion believes his opinion on the matter can’t be wrong.

Last edited:

Stallion

First Grade
Yes we understand that but it’s irrelevant as it’s union who are in charge and you repeating the same thing on here isn’t going to change that.

Look if the rugby World Cup was being played in my garden I would close he curtains. But I understand other people may feel different, stallion believes his opinion on the matter can’t be wrong.

That's your call. I certainly hope you support my stance!? Unless the Devils advocate game continues to be your go!? I'm not ashamed of being a rugby league advocate. I played both codes. Talking to a union development officer at a school in February and he laments the lack of opportunity to play rugby league in the private school he attended. Maybe there is a message there? !

Last edited:

adamkungl

Immortal
Yeah for some reason I don't think the SA government is gonna start funding League because "it's better", nor do they give a shit about imaginary human rights.

Money talks...

Stallion

First Grade
Yeah for some reason I don't think the SA government is gonna start funding League because "it's better", nor do they give a shit about imaginary human rights.

Money talks...

If money really "talked" the more worthy and attractive code in rugby league would be given a go!? I'm pretty sure that rugby league could easily provide a thriving and attractive competition is South Africa. It's just that the biggots know this and won't let it happen.

Last edited:

Latest posts