What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Sports movies

Dogs Of War

Coach
North Dallas Forty
White Men Can't Jump
Cool Runnings
Rocky (1,2,5)
Happy Gilmore
The Fighter

I think most of the other ones I was thinking of have already been spoken for.

horrie hastings

First Grade
I will probably get shot down in flames for posting a movie about AFL but The Club which deals with the boardroom and on field shenanigans of an AFL club is a bloody good movie.

nöyd

Staff member
I will probably get shot down in flames for posting a movie about AFL but The Club which deals with the boardroom and on field shenanigans of an AFL club is a bloody good movie.
I remember seeing it probably over 30 years ago on betamax lol

All I can remember is Jack Thompson in short Collingwood gear, and Graham Kennedy in his element.

Might be worth a rewatch if I can find a copy.

Parra

Referee
Don't know if The Club is still on the reading lists for schools nowadays. Was a big deal going back a few decades - a contemporary Aussie play with a movie as a teaching aid. You can see why teachers liked it and it was more interesting for schoolboys than most of the stuff they foisted on them.

horrie hastings

First Grade
I remember seeing it probably over 30 years ago on betamax lol

All I can remember is Jack Thompson in short Collingwood gear, and Graham Kennedy in his element.

Might be worth a rewatch if I can find a copy.

I remember watching on VHS back in the 80s then watched it on the ABC quite a few years ago and one key scene was cut, it was where Graham Kennedys character went out back to the stripper/entertainer dressing room and he slapped her in the face, it was a key part of the plot and while I deplore violence against anyone the aftermath seemed a bit more muddled with the deletion of the scene, I bought it on DVD a few years ago and the scene is still missing. Still though a great movie, as you say Jack Thompson and Graham Kennedy are in it and it also features a very young and slim John Howard

Latest posts