What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Spring 2017

AusKnightRKO

First Grade
Yeh as a 2yo he was the one I wanted to follow, thought he would only approve as a 3yo but he doesn't look up to the top ones.

Snowdens/China Horse Club have a handy back up though, think Assimilate is the blow out... beat Dracarys first up who then beat Gold Standard fair and square, then should have beaten Addictive Nature

Sebring got dis
Invader is a wet tracker, basically useless outside of it.

hineyrulz

Post Whore
I reckon the depth in the GR is quite good this year, there are a few improving horses that could take the next step.

I've been following Merkin Navy and reckon they might keep him in Melbourne but you win the Golden Roses as a colt it's a licence to print money.

Sphagnum

Coach
I don't know about menari. There hasn't been any pressure in his two runs this prep. Doubt he is a realistic Everest chance against some seasoned group 1 winning sprinters.

Will be betting against him in the GR because he will be massively short and up against the best field he has ever faced and up to 1400m.

Lemon Squash

First Grade
I reckon the depth in the GR is quite good this year, there are a few improving horses that could take the next step.

I've been following Merkin Navy and reckon they might keep him in Melbourne but you win the Golden Roses as a colt it's a licence to print money.

True... The Guineas has actually started to turn into Plan B over the last few years.

Shooting to Win/Diving Prophet/Press Statement all very good horses but couldn't win the Rose but went down there and got it done.

Previously to that it was 'The Stallion Making Race' after the Slipper. 07-09 you had champs like The Hussler, Whobe and Starspangledbanner and they all beat cracking fields too, even though 2 of them word Geldings just shows the quality of the races.

My opinion of Merkin Navy is he looks a quality horse but not sure he would match speed with Menari over 1400, especially going opposite direction first time. Guineas you would think would be at his mercy though unless Pariah or Kementari back up.

to_ddeath

Coach
Getting in early for this Sat.
Really like 2 at odds for Phlegmington...Moet Rose in the first and Jennifer Lynn in the Mares race (I am a Shart has cost me too many times).
Almandin to kill them in the 2000 metre race later on.
Sydney..can't find anything of value.

lockyno1

Post Whore
Just worry about Almandin possibly needing a bit longer that's all. It's good enough to win, but $5 seems very skinny.

I like Yogi and Hans Holbien in that race, with a SMALL saver each way on Charlevoix

Have Fox Swift in the first as my best roughie in that race, but don't mind the shout for Moet Rose, not the worst $25-1 shot. Think Jorda just turns up and wins though. If I can get $3.30 on course I'm taking it.

Best of the day apart from Hartnell (a sitter, take the $1.80 odd) is So Si Bon in race 4 (no 9). It's flying. I've already had a go at the $7.50 range, think it's into $6.50 now, but I like that bet.

Sphagnum

Coach
A few roughies I think are worth a little shot.

mighty boss (Melbourne race 2)
Smart as you think (Melbourne race 6)
The mighty fed (Sydney race 3)
Cellargirl (Sydney race 5)

Will post all of my real bets tomorrow. Guaranteed to be a winning day.

Lemon Squash

First Grade
Good days racing especially Flemington lots of competitive races.

I don't mind a few at ew odds but I don't want to give anyone Lemonaids again so I'll keep them mostly to myself.

Have to say I may be crazy but I think Dibayani is massive odds, I know it hasn't won since 1994 but it's in the easiest race it has faced in ages. Mr Sneaky is a talented young horse but is up in class, Dibs is proven and usually runs well first up.

I really like the Kingston Town in Sydney too good race for stayers.

Sphagnum

Coach
Good days racing especially Flemington lots of competitive races.

I don't mind a few at ew odds but I don't want to give anyone Lemonaids again so I'll keep them mostly to myself.

Have to say I may be crazy but I think Dibayani is massive odds, I know it hasn't won since 1994 but it's in the easiest race it has faced in ages. Mr Sneaky is a talented young horse but is up in class, Dibs is proven and usually runs well first up.

I really like the Kingston Town in Sydney too good race for stayers.

Stop being a pussy. Only f**kwits think that every tip should be a winner.

Lemon Squash

First Grade
Stop being a pussy. Only f**kwits think that every tip should be a winner.

Ease up merkin! Haha

Each ways

M2 - 13 Metson
M3 - 1 Dibayani
M5 - 10 Limestone
M6 - 13 Happy Hannah

R5 - 3 One More Honey
R7 - 8 Eckstein (think she is a good chance to run a drum)
R8 - 2 Libran

Any one of those merkins win and it will be a good day.

Will also be backing my boy Voodoo Lad still not sure why he isn't in any Everest markets. Yogi I'll be backing too might be the last time you get $8 about him.

Sphagnum

Coach
Yeah my comment was a bit ambiguous.

I was referring to people who get stroppy if you give a tip and it doesn't win. Caveat emptor etc.

Have a look at tha mighty boss when he parades. Chestnut NOSD colt with the golden mane.

Could be anything if his ability matches his looks.

lockyno1

Post Whore
Love Jorda in the first into Hartnell into So Si Bon (place)

Should get $7-8 for that and happy to do that.

Lemon Squash

First Grade
Yeah my comment was a bit ambiguous.

I was referring to people who get stroppy if you give a tip and it doesn't win. Caveat emptor etc.

Have a look at tha mighty boss when he parades. Chestnut NOSD colt with the golden mane.

Could be anything if his ability matches his looks.

I actually remember watching his maiden win now you mention it, was pretty good win too. He looked like a chunkier version of Karuta Queen

Sphagnum

Coach
I actually remember watching his maiden win now you mention it, was pretty good win too. He looked like a chunkier version of Karuta Queen
He got beaten by a smart one at sandown the other week (Lina's lad? Something like that)

Messy race, no luck. Hit the line hard.

Lina's hero