What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Squad 2022

Magpies Forever

Juniors
I remain very, very underwhelmed by the current squad for 22. Admittedly, we still have 3 or so spits to fill but we are weak in centres and strike second row. Plus we are carry question marks over Tamou and Liddle continuing and mid season medical returns of Doueihi, Talau before the whistle has even been blown. I would not be surprised to see a 1 year offer to Corey Norman to provide additional halves cover.

The club needs to quickly decide / resolve the Hodgson question and Brooks future. Pre season training is starting and we need to get going. New combinations take a bit of time. More than anything we need to settle the spin with decisions pretty much now.

Tiger05

First Grade
The club needs to quickly decide / resolve the Hodgson question and Brooks future.

I agree with your post but I don't think they need to quickly resolve these issues. We have to ensure we are making good longer term decisions but not screwing us over during our current season as well. Laurie came in really late last year and performed great.

Tigerm

First Grade
From WT’s site:

PLAYERCONTRACT
Shawn Blore20222023
Luke Brooks20222023
Adam Doueihi 20222023
Luke Garner2022
Oliver Gildart20222023
Jackson Hastings20222023
Reece Hoffman2022
William Kei 2022
Asu Kepaoa20222023
Daine Laurie20222023
Luciano Leilua2022
Jacob Liddle20222023
Jock Madden 2022
Ken Maumalo20222023
Thomas Mikaele2022
Zane Musgrove202220232024
David Nofoaluma2022202320242025
Joe Ofahengaue20222023
Tyrone Peachey20222023
Alex Seyfarth20222023
Jake Simpkin202220232024
Tuki Simpkins20222023
Tommy Talau2022
James Tamou2022
Kelma Tuilagi2022
Alex Twal2022
Stefano Utoikamanu20222023
Henry O'Kane (Development)2022
Apisalome Saukuru (Development)20222023
Brandon Tumeth (Development)2022

stryker

First Grade
At the end of the day, the Wests Tigers Class of 2022 will be regularly rubbing shoulders with Farah, Cayless, Kimmorley and Marshal. They will be lead by experienced football men in Sheens and Maguire.
If we can limit their contact with nuffie wankers like Pascoe, Lee and the board, they stand half a chance.
If they man up, try for 80 every week and don’t repeat some of their chicken shit efforts from this year, they will go ok. We still need some experience within the team but they are being surrounded by good footy people.

Magpies Forever

Juniors
At the end of the day, the Wests Tigers Class of 2022 will be regularly rubbing shoulders with Farah, Cayless, Kimmorley and Marshal. They will be lead by experienced football men in Sheens and Maguire.

If they man up, try for 80 every week and don’t repeat some of their chicken shit efforts from this year, they will go ok. We still need some experience within the team but they are being surrounded by good footy people.
Those 2 things are all I ask and want from my team at the moment- learn and listen, then effort and application when on the field. And honest selection of the best 17 for the team, let's have genuine and real competition for each and every position each week.

WA Tiger

Bench
If we can limit their contact with nuffie wankers like Pascoe, Lee and the board, they stand half a chance.
Yip there’s a shit load of knowledge and war stories there. Players seek that I think

Mario chalmers

Juniors
I remain very, very underwhelmed by the current squad for 22. Admittedly, we still have 3 or so spits to fill but we are weak in centres and strike second row. Plus we are carry question marks over Tamou and Liddle continuing and mid season medical returns of Doueihi, Talau before the whistle has even been blown. I would not be surprised to see a 1 year offer to Corey Norman to provide additional halves cover.

The club needs to quickly decide / resolve the Hodgson question and Brooks future. Pre season training is starting and we need to get going. New combinations take a bit of time. More than anything we need to settle the spin with decisions pretty much now.
Good post on many fronts.

Personally I hope we stay away from Hodgson. 32 with bad knees - just too much of a risk.

Also it seems that Brooks was never leaving with talk now moving on to Scott drinkwater being wanted at newcastle. Kind of weird that the story has just died out?

I watched a replay of the golden point game against Souths earlier tonight. Its actually a different experience watching matches so far after the fact when you are much less emotional!

Your point about centres and second row being weak is spot on. In the souths game we ran Roberts as right centre. He got monstered by Gagai all night. Found out in defence a few times also. Just too small for the modern game.

On the left we played AJ Kepaoa - He made far less errors than he normally would on the wing but he is still so far short of NRL standard. Misreads the play in attack and defence and showed no interest in running the ball out of our end.

If Roberts and Kepaoa are potentially our best centre options then we are in serious trouble :(

Back row v Souths it was Joffa on the right edge. He is just not big enough nor fast enough. Gets smashed most times he carts it forward and slow to move laterally in defence. Replaced by Garner midway through who is also not big enough. When these guys take it up and get hammered we lose any hope of winning the battle for field position.

The positives on the flip side from this Souths replay
Musgrove has a strong carry
Luciano so much better on the left side
Laurie can only get better (its hard to believe this was his first year)
Simpkin is NRL quality at 9. Should never have been thrown in for 85 mins in his first game mind you!

No idea who the 3 spots go to but the fact we have not signed anyone yet is fairly concerning? Arent all remaining players returning to training next week?

Shredder

Juniors
Guys, we have two spots left and given out history of carrying a spare spot into the season, that means we are likely to pick up one player.

I think we will end up with Hodgeson. Like him or not, he is more experienced and a competitor.

Tigerm

First Grade
Guys, we have two spots left and given out history of carrying a spare spot into the season, that means we are likely to pick up one player.

I think we will end up with Hodgeson. Like him or not, he is more experienced and a competitor.
I thought we had 3 spots left?

Mario chalmers

Juniors
We elevated both of the dev guys from last year.

Im including JTJ who is on a train and trial. We could ditch him if we found someone but if we dont, hes a cheap roster spot.
I still hope there is someone better out there. I think the club hopes for that as well

What is Logen Dillon's contract status? Is he on a reggies contract so he can play NRL after round 16 or something? Id ahve thought he was development contract worthy?

Tigerm

First Grade
We elevated both of the dev guys from last year.

Im including JTJ who is on a train and trial. We could ditch him if we found someone but if we dont, hes a cheap roster spot.
Still need 3 for coming season, hopefully Hodgson is coming, Papali'i would be enormous (but unlikely), so 2 more at at least. We kept a spot back to very late last season, so may not get a full roster for a while?
Surprisingly (for me anyway), Sheens seems to be showing some pulse on all this?

Tiger Ted

Bench
Still need 3 for coming season, hopefully Hodgson is coming, Papali'i would be enormous (but unlikely), so 2 more at at least. We kept a spot back to very late last season, so may not get a full roster for a while?
Surprisingly (for me anyway), Sheens seems to be showing some pulse on all this?
I want 2 quality centres although I’d b over the moon if we could find just 1 b4 kickoff ‘22