What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Squad for 2021

Vic Mackey

Referee
We forget how good Mbye was in the back end of 2018 at fullback for us. He also looked pretty good when moved there for us this year, certainly in attack anyway. I’d like to give him a go there even if we get JAC

Even though it was only for 70 minutes I saw enough against Parra to say Doueihi Can be our longterm 5/8. At fullback he doesn’t know when to get involved and isn’t quick enough to be a threat out wide. Playing a bit further in he can use his footwork to poke through the line a bit easier as seen here:

https://www.nrl.com/news/2020/06/07/doueihi-steps-back-inside-to-find-space-in-the-middle/

He also has one of the best left to right passes in the game so playing on that right edge will suit

I’m not giving up on BJ. Remember we didn’t get him until the second week of February. Give him a pre season under Madge and I think we’ll see a different player.

Momirovski comes straight in at left center for me. Despite looking ungamely he is a rock defensively, always seems to find a try and is probably the best goal kicker here

I thought both Talau and Kepeoa showed a heap of promise. Even though he had more mistakes it wouldn’t surprise me if Kepeoa ends up the better player. There’s so much raw talent in both guys. I’m not sure where either end up position wise but my guess is they’ll be backup initially in 2021.

What I think the backline will look like:

1. Mbye
2. JAC
3. Momirovski
4. Leilua
5. Nofoaluma
6. Doueihi
7. Brooks

Nsw Cup:

1. Kepeoa
2. Cini
3. Hoffman
4. Talau
5. Kei
6. Reynolds
7. Madden

Look out for Zane Camroux, very highly rated Balmain 5/8. Will start in Flegg but likely be in NsW cup before too long

gordsy

Juniors
Hopefully he and Madden come into grade and guys like brooks, reynolds and packer go out the door
A.D isn't a great fullback but is Mybe a 700k fullback ?

Look out for Zane Camroux, very highly rated Balmain 5/8. Will start in Flegg but likely be in NsW cup before too long.
Is he the son of the 'former great' Tigers half, Peter?

Reminds me, another son of a former 'great' is from all accounts a talented footballer. Zane Edmed, playing for Randwick now as a 5/8 and a goal kicker. His father, ever grateful for the 'super league' war.

super_coach

First Grade
Is he the son of the 'former great' Tigers half, Peter?

Reminds me, another son of a former 'great' is from all accounts a talented footballer. Zane Edmed, playing for Randwick now as a 5/8 and a goal kicker. His father, ever grateful for the 'super league' war.

plays for Eastwood not Randwick and played no9 for Balmain in the junior reps. Red head like his old man Steve and goes alright....but it is club rugby.

The other kid has a really high ceiling and is a chance of being of a kid who makes big steps quickly and don’t we need a class half

Tiger05

First Grade
What I think the backline will look like:

1. Mbye
2. JAC
3. Momirovski
4. Leilua
5. Nofoaluma
6. Doueihi
7. Brooks

I think this is pretty good. I couldn't pick Momo though over Talau. I'd also give JAC a go at the back. He is really quick and I can see him roaming there and scoring tries. That way we can also play AJ on the wing.

I like Mbye as a bench utility mainly because you can slot him in all over the park due to injuries.

I reckon that backline you've picked would be more consistent that what I'd go with assuming Mbye learns to catch the ball.

I think that is the way we go with the halves. A lot of players are going to have to learn to defend a lot better though. I like Doueihi but his defense in the centres was really poor. He needs a lot of work on his game. Leilua has to be there because he is a weapon but if he doesn't improve his discipline significantly you'd have to piss him off after this season. I'd prefer Momo there who is more consistent at a much lower cost to our cap and spend the money elsewhere.

plays for Eastwood not Randwick and played no9 for Balmain in the junior reps. Red head like his old man Steve and goes alright....but it is club rugby.

The other kid has a really high ceiling and is a chance of being of a kid who makes big steps quickly and don’t we need a class half
I didn't realise he moved from Randwick, I haven't followed the union this year.
His old man is more grey than red now.

https://eastwoodrugby.com.au/2020/07/13/tane-edmed/

super_coach

First Grade
I didn't realise he moved from Randwick, I haven't followed the union this year.
His old man is more grey than red now.

https://eastwoodrugby.com.au/2020/07/13/tane-edmed/
Maybe I saw the wrong son..but the kid played no10 for Eastwood and was a ranga Kicked goals from everywhere and set up a few try’s. Looked pretty good but it was only club rugby.
About 5 years ago Steve and his family had member seats at LO right in front of mine, had a few chats, top bloke

Fordy20

Juniors
Hopefully he and Madden come into grade and guys like brooks, reynolds and packer go out the door
A.D isn't a great fullback but is Mybe a 700k fullback ?

Mbye was training at hooker at the start of this season. He's not the answer at fullback, but then again neither is Doueihi. If we miss out JAC, I'd prefer to pick up someone serviceable who is actual fullback, the way John Morris went with Kennedy this year.

Mbye was training at hooker at the start of this season. He's not the answer at fullback, but then again neither is Doueihi. If we miss out JAC, I'd prefer to pick up someone serviceable who is actual fullback, the way John Morris went with Kennedy this year.

Novel lol.

Tigerm

First Grade
Does anyone have our CONFIRMED 2021 list?

From my understanding, it is:
Not sure if Garner is still with us?
D - Development players

1.J Aloiai
2.S Blore
3.K Bradley -D
4.L Brooks
5.M Chee-Kam
6.Z Cini -D
7.A Doueihi
8.L Garner - ?
9.J Leilua
10.L Leilua
11.J Liddle
13.J Madden -D
14.M Mbye
15.T Mikaele
16.P Momiroski
17.Z Musgrove
18.D Nofoaluma
19.R Packer
20.J Reynolds
21.J Simpkin -D
22.T Talau
23.A Twal
24.S Utoikamanu
25.B Walters
26.J Tamou

Still some work to do.

Vic Mackey

Referee

D - Development players

1.J Aloiai
2.S Blore
3.K Bradley -D
4.L Brooks
5.M Chee-Kam
6.Z Cini -D
7.A Doueihi
8.L Garner - ?
9.J Leilua
10.L Leilua
11.J Liddle
13.J Madden -D
14.M Mbye
15.T Mikaele
16.P Momiroski
17.Z Musgrove
18.D Nofoaluma
19.R Packer
20.J Reynolds
21.J Simpkin -D
22.T Talau
23.A Twal
24.S Utoikamanu
25.B Walters
26.J Tamou

Still some work to do.

I think that’s spot on for now. The guys you’ve got as D are all top 30 in 2021. Hoffman is still Development for 21, apparently joined by Camroux and Risk from Balmain

Tiger Ted

Bench

Perth Tiger

Bench

D - Development players

1.J Aloiai
2.S Blore
3.K Bradley -D
4.L Brooks
5.M Chee-Kam
6.Z Cini -D
7.A Doueihi
8.L Garner - ?
9.J Leilua
10.L Leilua
11.J Liddle
13.J Madden -D
14.M Mbye
15.T Mikaele
16.P Momiroski
17.Z Musgrove
18.D Nofoaluma
19.R Packer
20.J Reynolds
21.J Simpkin -D
22.T Talau
23.A Twal
24.S Utoikamanu
25.B Walters
26.J Tamou

Still some work to do.

That is it but as Vic mentioned those development players are top squad for 2021. But McIntyre and Seyfarth are off contract but were notably absent from the list of players we have let go suggesting they will be resigned, probably waiting to see how much money and how many spots are left if we get JAC and/or others.

I think Vic mentioned before that Seyfarth might be going back to a development contract.

Tigerm

First Grade
Interesting read about the club recruitment and also Camroux . Its a long read but worthwhile when you have the time.
By the way , this kid looks very promising :thumbsup:

https://www.espn.com.au/nrl/story/_...rl-premiership-winning-team-draft-free-league
Interesting, I didn't realise the roles of some staff and always assumed Madge had final say in these matters (prob does), makes sense, he has a lot to do anyway?

"It's the same with Madge (Michael Maguire, Tigers head coach) I think it is important that your coach has a say, it's not necessarily the final say, but they need to be across what direction we are going with when it comes to recruitment.

Hartigan sounds like the right guy for the job.

"Recruitment falls under my job description, but we have a recruitment manager as well as a list analyst who spends a lot of time looking at statistics and players coming through and how they potentially fit our model, so there is a group of us working on it, so there is regular communication with that group," Hartigan said. "I oversee it and I present a case to the CEO and coach as to who we should sign and why."

Tigerm

First Grade
That is it but as Vic mentioned those development players are top squad for 2021. But McIntyre and Seyfarth are off contract but were notably absent from the list of players we have let go suggesting they will be resigned, probably waiting to see how much money and how many spots are left if we get JAC and/or others.

I think Vic mentioned before that Seyfarth might be going back to a development contract.
I really hope McIntyre is kept, seems to have a huge future.

So if you add him & Seyfarth, we have 2 spots left.

JAC & Grant:)

We haven't really gone into the player market too deep, have we.

Vic Mackey

Referee
Interesting read about the club recruitment and also Camroux . Its a long read but worthwhile when you have the time.
By the way , this kid looks very promising :thumbsup:

https://www.espn.com.au/nrl/story/_...rl-premiership-winning-team-draft-free-league

It’s against kids but he looks a level above. Still skinny but with that frame he will fill out. What’s impressive is that he seems equally skilled in running, passing and kicking, often with young halves they are strong in one or maybe two of these areas, but rarely all three

BrotherJim05

Bench
Young guns is the way forward for our club. We tried the "sign a whole team of experienced players" route and it blew up in our face. I'd gladly sacrifice a top 8 spot next year to bring in a mob of youngsters loyal to Madge and then sign a couple of quality veterans to plug the holes in the roster.

Latest posts