Squad for 2021

Discussion in 'Wests Tigers' started by Perth Tiger, Jul 20, 2020.

1. Tiger05

Tiger05 First Grade

We can't have one 9 in the team. I'd start Liddle but have Walters or Mbye off the bench. If we don't have a fullback Mbye will be there though.

2. Tigerm

Tigerm Bench

Don’t forget Reynolds

3. Tiger05

Tiger05 First Grade

I think he is done but his best shot in the team is the utility role. Mbye and Walters are a lot better than him though.

4. WA Tiger

WA Tiger Juniors

With Kapoua popping in and out hopefully at fullback ...once he gets more confident about what he’s got to offer

5. Tiger05

Tiger05 First Grade

I'd have Kepoa on the wing with Talau missing out. Talau will get his chances though. I assume Talau will pick up either BJ's or Roberts spot the following season.

Vic Mackey likes this.
  6. WA Tiger

WA Tiger Juniors

Talau just keeps getting tries when there’s no room to move on the wing ..I don’t know how he does it but leave him there for now ..That leaves fullback where Kap hasn’t been tried yet despite plenty of opportunity
    I think Madge sees more in him now than when he first arrived and would like to keep him in the picture

7. Vic Mackey

Vic Mackey Referee

Tommy was unexpectedly good in the wing and filled a hole for us, however its not his long term position. I’d rather him playing center in nsw cup then wing in NRL.

Kepeoa had some mistakes but by the last round he had found his feet and was a lot more confident. He is more of a natural outside back then TT and could be our long term left winger.

BrotherJim05, WA Tiger and Tiger05 like this.
  8. BrotherJim05

BrotherJim05 Juniors

Yeah I was impressed with his last few games. He's got Talau beat for speed, and seems to have a good frame for a winger.

Vic Mackey likes this.
  9. WA Tiger

WA Tiger Juniors

I’d still like to see Kepa at least have a go at fullback...He’s got the dancing feet sidestep ..a bit of speed...and swagger ..A locked up fullback spot which we havnt got would pay more dividends than settled wing positions next year (hence the higher money for fullback) Talau and Momo can keep that wing productive for now ...enough of keeping Mbye at fullback - part of the spine-because he’s captain and safe ..at least have a look..Hes still a kid and getting over his nerves so he could have more to show us at fullback once he settles in ..injury may be the only way this could happen but then again the pressure is mounting and Madge may start being more creative

Last edited: Nov 21, 2020
    Vic Mackey likes this.
  10. Shredder

Shredder Juniors

If we have Laurie coming for 2022, I suspect Madge will be playing Mbye at 1 next year.

No sense in training someone all off season at 1 for one year.

I like Talau and Kepa, I think they will be our long-term centres. They have more in them than "run fast and straight and put the ball over the line" and they are still young, so will get bigger.

Tiger05, axl rose and Vic Mackey like this.
  11. Old Time Tiger

Old Time Tiger Juniors

And don’t forget Zac Cini, missed out on a years football because of COVID. The OZ Schoolboys RL team from 2018 had some pretty good outside backs alongside Cini in, Bradman Best, Stephen Crichton, Tommy Talau.

I can’t wait to see the NSW Cup kick off next year, it’s going to be very important for the Tigers.

axl rose and Vic Mackey like this.
  12. Tiger Ted

Tiger Ted Juniors

If Mbye is at 1 & brooks retains 7 jersey for majority of season we will strongly challenge for the spoon.

WA Tiger likes this.
  13. Vic Mackey

Vic Mackey Referee

agree re Cini, if you watch his highlights from Flegg etc the guy is insanely talented, reminds me a lot of Tom Turbo

axl rose and Tigerm like this.
  14. Blackwhitegold

Blackwhitegold Juniors

1. Laurie ( hope he is realised for 2021)
    2. Nofo
    3. Roberts
    4. BJ
    5. Talau
    6. AD
    7. Brooks
    8. Ofengoue ( good replacement for Aloia )
    9. Liddell
    10. Tahmou
    11. Chrichton ( I hope we sign him )
    12. Garner
    13. Luciano
    Bench
    14. Simpkins
    15. Musgrove
    16. Blore
    17. Twal
    That looks like a really strong team. The team will change through injury and form, I see it being better then I actually think.:fingers_crossed:

WA Tiger and axl rose like this.
  15. Das Hassler

Das Hassler Juniors

If so i doubt for quite awhile yet...ball in hand we've seen the promise but defencively ( as in awareness) i think they're both still WAY off providing us any kind of pre game good night's sleep

Last edited: Nov 22, 2020
    WA Tiger and axl rose like this.
  16. Shredder

Shredder Juniors

Agree Das, its a while away, but they have an innate ability to run nice lines in broken play.

It will come.

17. Tiger05

Tiger05 First Grade

Currently Mbye has to be our no 1 option at fullback. He did perform reasonably well for us in that role in his first season with us. I like the idea of playing Kepoa there but it's probably too risky for next season. I'd certainly train him there as a back up option. Kepoa is big,fast and as you state he has a bit of swagger.

WA Tiger likes this.
  18. Tigerm

Tigerm Bench

I think what Shredder was stating sounds the best idea, if Daine Laurie is coming in 2022 as our expected FB, then Mbye probably should be the 1 for next season.
    I thought he went OK there.

Choiboi likes this.