What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Squad for 2021

Tigerm

First Grade
So we have 3 spots to fill.

Who do we want? We have the cash.

For me: a great half, a great SR and a great GK (preferably as a quick winger)

super_coach

First Grade
There was a very quite whisper a few weeks ago that Mitch Pearce could be on the radar, although it’s all gone quite now. Personally I think he is half way down the other side of the hill and probably needs to be in a top four side to be effective. On the other hand you probably going to get a pretty consistent performance from him rather than the rocks and diamonds from Brooks

Tigerm

First Grade
There was a very quite whisper a few weeks ago that Mitch Pearce could be on the radar, although it’s all gone quite now. Personally I think he is half way down the other side of the hill and probably needs to be in a top four side to be effective. On the other hand you probably going to get a pretty consistent performance from him rather than the rocks and diamonds from Brooks
Yes he does seem to manage his sides well, though tbf I don’t see him play to often.

Vic Mackey

Referee

Interesting

My thoughts would be that it might be inplace of Brooks, not with him

Doueihi is moving to 5/8 this year, he is under contract for another 3 years. I cant see the club saying 'Adam is our fullback' to 'Adam is our 5/8' to 'Adam is our center'

If Brooks doesnt lead us to the finals in 2021 I daresay his head will be on the chopping block. he is under contract til 2023 but NRL level halfbacks arent easy to find, the club would offload him fairly easily. They may look at Mitch Pearce as a short term solution before diving into the market for a longterm 7, or grooming Mickey Tammous for it.

Tigerm

First Grade
Interesting

My thoughts would be that it might be inplace of Brooks, not with him

Doueihi is moving to 5/8 this year, he is under contract for another 3 years. I cant see the club saying 'Adam is our fullback' to 'Adam is our 5/8' to 'Adam is our center'

If Brooks doesnt lead us to the finals in 2021 I daresay his head will be on the chopping block. he is under contract til 2023 but NRL level halfbacks arent easy to find, the club would offload him fairly easily. They may look at Mitch Pearce as a short term solution before diving into the market for a longterm 7, or grooming Mickey Tammous for it.
Well we should be able to afford who ever we want, now and next year?

BrotherJim05

Bench
Well we should be able to afford who ever we want, now and next year?

Afford - probably

Be Able to Sign - not anyone we want.

We still have an up hill battle of getting into finals before marquee players sign with us.

Widdop would have really been a great signing for us but I'd rather not see AD pushed out of the side to accommodate

Perth Tiger

Bench
Interesting
They may look at Mitch Pearce as a short term solution before diving into the market for a longterm 7, or grooming Mickey Tammous for it.

????

Who is this? I am guessing the next wonder kid off the block we will have to put all of faith in. What is his background?

Vic Mackey

Referee
????

Who is this? I am guessing the next wonder kid off the block we will have to put all of faith in. What is his background?

18 year old Balmain half, 5/8, hooker but they see him as a half. Training with the NRL squad over summer. Apparently he is the reason they let Camroux go to Newcastle. Very quick and flashy play maker yet extremely tough when you watch below

Last edited:

stryker

First Grade
18 year old Balmain half, 5/8, hooker but they see him as a half. Training with the NRL squad over summer. Apparently he is the reason they let Camroux go to Newcastle. Very quick and flashy play maker yet extremely tough when you watch below

Interesting.
Seems a real live wire in attack and solid defender.

simmo05

Bench

Killer step on him. Looks like a f**kin gun!

Tigerm

First Grade
@THE_POM said in Signing Suggestions & Rumours:

Musgrove has RE-signed.
Threw an extra year on top to sweeten the deal.
Loves Madge also.
Had 2 serious offers elsewhere.

Though I cant see anything official yet.

1607492483325-f3b92359-c66e-45d4-ad7d-fffeacfbf708.jpeg

Deal done, good re-signing IMO.

Wests Tigers re-sign Zane Musgrove - Wests Tigers

wt2021_re-signing_zane-musgrove_twitter.jpg

Last edited:
I reckon Pom got that intern job.

Musgrove re-signs with reckless indifference to the overpowering feelings of greed and self love.

These are the best kind of signings, the ones that say “ f**k you” to the player market.

Legend.

Vozzy

Juniors
I reckon Pom got that intern job.

Musgrove re-signs with reckless indifference to the overpowering feelings of greed and self love.

These are the best kind of signings, the ones that say “ f**k you” to the player market.

Legend.
We know Madge would be a hard bastard coach as well so it's good to see that some players are believing in what he is trying to do and know they have to work hard to get there. Maybe it has been too hard for others but this is finally separating the men from the boys.

Tigerm

First Grade
First & foremost an intelligent no. 7 who has a special aptitude for game awareness
You would have to think that everything that they doing this off season, will put pressure on Brooks to perform or perish.

Although, there is not a lot around atm, so unless young Madden can get some game time to see how he goes, not sure what they can do, though something will come up I’m sure

Latest posts