What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Squad name for Manly trial

RUBIKS

Juniors
So going off that report, the full strength side at the moment looks something like this?

1. Nathan Stapleton
2. Luke Covell
3. Ben Pomeroy
4. Dean Collis
5. Blake Ferguson
6. Trent Barrett
7. John Morris / Scott Porter
8. Kade Snowden
9. Stuart Flanagan
10. Luke Douglas
11. Grant Millington
12. Paul Gallen
13. Anthony Tupou

Bench:
14. Jayson Bukuya
15. Reece Williams
16. Adam Cuthbertson
17. Aiton/Kelly/Juodo/Wright

Surely there isn't enough room for all those in bold, at least two to miss out?
We'd need a bit more size in the team wouldn't we?

ghoti

Bench
You picked the right year to go away.
You're tellin' me. Luckily, in New Zealand almost the only Rugby League news you'd ever find in the newspaper was an article on Cronulla, so I was well catered for. If only the news had something to do with our blistering run to a maiden premiership instead of...well...you've been through it.

Squae

Juniors
So going off that report, the full strength side at the moment looks something like this?

1. Nathan Stapleton
2. Luke Covell
3. Ben Pomeroy
4. Dean Collis
5. Blake Ferguson
6. Trent Barrett
7. John Morris / Scott Porter
8. Kade Snowden
9. Stuart Flanagan
10. Luke Douglas
11. Grant Millington
12. Paul Gallen
13. Anthony Tupou

Bench:
14. Jayson Bukuya
15. Reece Williams
16. Adam Cuthbertson
17. Aiton/Kelly/Juodo/Wright

Fighting it out for a spot or in NSW Cup:
Nathan Gardner
Albert Kelly
Matthew Wright
Stewart Mills
Josh Cordoba
Lancen Juodo
Siosaia Vave
Taulima Toutai
Broderick Wright

Cuthbo is 2 small for prop, and we are still missing a second prop either way. If Vave doesnt get a run this year on short minutes one must wonder why (considering with props as Douggie and Snowden he would only have to play 15 minutes a half)

ALSO, sick to death of having to put up with Pomm, we have given him a whole season and he still did nothing, has bombed numerous tries, cant catch OR PASS. come on Ricky surely we have other players which can fill this void and wont bomb us much required points

Last edited:

samshark

Juniors
Its called a trial. Pom was always going to get first go. Two years ago he played for City and Prime Ministers 13.

DJDL

First Grade
Spot on sam. Towards the end of '08 he was being mentioned as a possible SOO rep.
There were a gazillion distractions last year for him to lose his focus - he was also charged with assault, was he not, after the moshpit incident. God knows what that did to his headspace. Different players handle these things differently, maybe he was just shot mentally. Confidence is a very hard thing to get back once you don't have it.

I'm prepared to give him another shot, based on what we saw in '07 and, in paticular, '08

Squae

Juniors
if he wasn't slow, could catch and could pass I would agree, but he cant do any of them.

Not sure why he would necessarily get the first shot at the centre spot considering that he was religated from this position last comp for a 17 year old rookie (thats right isnt it).

drago brelli

Bench
Don't be surprised if Stewart Mills makes First Grade this year. He's a fullback, a local junior, tall, big and strong. Did his knee in the first or second SG Ball game last year and that finished his season. He's 18 and a great talent.

Ronnie Dobbs

Coach
I don't disagree there. Hopefully it's just because porter is unavailable.

BTW - f**king pom?? To me it's not a learn to catch thing. Whether it's the pressure or he's just not wired for it, the bloke simply cannot catch and will never be able to.

There's hope for him. Beau Scott learnt to catch last year after years of dropsies.

Eion

First Grade
Not a bad side at all. Only one thing stopping us from having a great season!
Hold the phone, something positive....oh I see ... build the squad up early so it can all be sticky's fault when the inevitable happens.

redback

Bench
Hold the phone, something positive....oh I see ... build the squad up early so it can all be sticky's fault when the inevitable happens.

You see Eion, the problem with you fluffies is that you are pretty stupid. My problem has always been Stupid not the players! Get it now?

Eion

First Grade
You see Eion, the problem with you fluffies is that you are pretty stupid. My problem has always been Stupid not the players! Get it now?
No I'm a bit slow, why don't you start another few thousand threads to press home your point.

btw if you are happy with the side you must be somewhat happy with sticky in his selection of it.

redback

Bench
No I'm a bit slow, why don't you start another few thousand threads to press home your point.

btw if you are happy with the side you must be somewhat happy with sticky in his selection of it.

There's a huge difference in getting players and actually being able to coach them!

Lets not forget that Stupid was very keen on Mason. Enough said!

Special K

Coach
Can anyone who heads down do a little write up for us out of towners? I'll return the fav for the gossie trial

I'll be there as long as it doesn't piss down on the day.

Definately will jot down a recap of what I see in both grades.

Vossy

Bench
There's a huge difference in getting players and actually being able to coach them!

Lets not forget that Stupid was very keen on Mason. Enough said!

So to was Hasler, you know 08 grand final winning coach and 07 grand final appearance

how's that hole your digging coming along