What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Squad succession

TheRam

Coach
What does The Ram School of Negotiation and Talent Identification have to say? I assume you want to suitetalk him right now to re-sign, what if he turns around and says he wants $1.2m (or whatever figure it is that would be too high for you) a year and he won’t budge off it? Right this second who are you going to replace him with?
Ifreek is just having one his patented “grass is always greener” moments and it’s nice to have advanced targets but realistically there’s too much time and too many moving parts to make that decision.
Why can’t we all be happy that at this moment in time the Moses’ contact is bang on, and ultimately if he wants to get more money, at the very least he has to continue his form.

For one I wouldn't start the negotiations now, I wouldn't want to upset their focus away from their current Premiership campaign and it also allows the club to see how they handle the pressure of the finals series. But I would then during the off season start to make tentative moves and see where they eventually lead.

Remember, just like the Roosters, players don't want to leave a successful happy club environment where they are playing well and have all their mates and everything is working for them. And just like the Roosters most would be willing to forgo going into the open market if they feel you are close enough to their market value, without it being in the ridiculous money category that a weak club generally will throw at them, but then have a shit roster to play with and win fu*k all and play like crap.

Smart operators like the Roosters have learnt from their mistakes and negotiate early with their best talent. Dumb arse operators like the Broncos leave their best to last and then that talent gets mesmerised by larger numbers and leaves.

Spooner

Juniors
Which means that we’ll bring two more into the top 30 !

giphy.gif
Well that's good.

Some movement in the Top 30 squad I’m the coming week/s - but not sure if it is attributed to the loan situation.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
Not really an answer, but you already know that.
It's an answer that makes my point. If the club is married to any one player whom we need to sign/retain at any cost we will end up paying overs for him. We need to be planning to replace Moses in case some more desperate club is up for a bidding war.

TheRam

Coach
It's an answer that makes my point. If the club is married to any one player whom we need to sign/retain at any cost we will end up paying overs for him. We need to be planning to replace Moses in case some more desperate club is up for a bidding war.

That is a given, we should always be planning to improve or shore up our roster, but we should also be preparing to sign our halves up long term prior to their final year or else all hell breaks out with crazy offers.

Delboy

First Grade
Ennis and Bwaif were embarrassing on Sunday, it’s no issue to have a soft spot for a team you played for, but that was Gus like in its cringe worthiness.

emjaycee

Coach
So according to the ParraEels website, we already have a squad of 30 without Hughes, 5 who are yet to play FG this year (Smith, Dunster, Rankin, Salmon and Davies). So unless Dunster is still classified as a development player, in order for Hughes to be slotted into the top 30, someone has to have been released.

Dunster was named in the 19 last week, however development players can be played in FG now so maybe he is still on a development contract.

EDIT: Just found an article from November 2019 that listed Hughes, Stefano and Davies as development players so maybe Davies still is, even though he has his profile on the Team page.

Obscene Assassin

First Grade
So according to the ParraEels website, we already have a squad of 30 without Hughes, 5 who are yet to play FG this year (Smith, Dunster, Rankin, Salmon and Davies). So unless Dunster is still classified as a development player, in order for Hughes to be slotted into the top 30, someone has to have been released.

Dunster was named in the 19 last week, however development players can be played in FG now so maybe he is still on a development contract.

EDIT: Just found an article from November 2019 that listed Hughes, Stefano and Davies as development players so maybe Davies still is, even though he has his profile on the Team page.

Jai Field is D6 from memory

Latest posts