1. Grand Final Edition OUT NOW:

The 2020 NRL & NRLW Grand Final edition of The Front Row, our exclusive online e-magazine and match programme for Sunday's Grand Final Day! Also includes Super League Round 17 and 18 squads.

The Grand Final edition brings you special stories from each camp - Paul Jobber chats with Panthers legend Scott Sattler recounts his famous moment in the sides 2003 title win and looks to the current crop of Penrith players; while Rob Crosby looks at Josh Addo-Carr as he laces up for what could be his final Storm game. Rick Edgerton has a Clive Churchill Medal guide, while Joshua Wells speaks to Brisbane NRLW star Millie Boyle as the Broncos cruise toward a Women's threepeat on Sunday.

Add to that all the regular features you've come to expect - the programme for both Grand Final Day matches along with teamlists and details for Rounds 17 and 18 of the Super League - and you have one fantastic 32-page magazine for your Grand Final reading!

EDITION 22 - READ NOW!

Guest, click here to read online or download your free PDF copy

Squad succession

Discussion in 'Parramatta Eels' started by Poupou Escobar, Jul 21, 2014.

1. TheRam

TheRam First Grade

Not really an answer, but you already know that.

2. TheRam

TheRam First Grade

For one I wouldn't start the negotiations now, I wouldn't want to upset their focus away from their current Premiership campaign and it also allows the club to see how they handle the pressure of the finals series. But I would then during the off season start to make tentative moves and see where they eventually lead.

Remember, just like the Roosters, players don't want to leave a successful happy club environment where they are playing well and have all their mates and everything is working for them. And just like the Roosters most would be willing to forgo going into the open market if they feel you are close enough to their market value, without it being in the ridiculous money category that a weak club generally will throw at them, but then have a shit roster to play with and win fu*k all and play like crap.

Smart operators like the Roosters have learnt from their mistakes and negotiate early with their best talent. Dumb arse operators like the Broncos leave their best to last and then that talent gets mesmerised by larger numbers and leaves.

3. Spooner

Spooner Juniors

Some movement in the Top 30 squad I’m the coming week/s - but not sure if it is attributed to the loan situation.

4. Gronk

Gronk Moderator Staff Member

FFS ! Sharing is caring !

Poupou Escobar likes this.
  5. Poupou Escobar

Poupou Escobar Post Whore

It's an answer that makes my point. If the club is married to any one player whom we need to sign/retain at any cost we will end up paying overs for him. We need to be planning to replace Moses in case some more desperate club is up for a bidding war.

6. Gazzamatta

Gazzamatta First Grade

Whats the new cut off date Spoons?

7. Spooner

Spooner Juniors

8. TheRam

TheRam First Grade

That is a given, we should always be planning to improve or shore up our roster, but we should also be preparing to sign our halves up long term prior to their final year or else all hell breaks out with crazy offers.

9. 84 Baby

84 Baby Coach

Spill merkin, cause I’ve heard a rumour that made me mcgroan

10. I'm a loser baby...

I'm a loser baby... Referee

Josh McGroan?

11. 84 Baby

84 Baby Coach

I don’t remember.

I'm a loser baby... likes this.
  12. I'm a loser baby...

I'm a loser baby... Referee

Looked inside to me. Couldn't believe the carry on by the commentators. Although Ennis.

13. Twizzle

Twizzle Administrator Staff Member

Ennis liked to whinge on and off the field, nothings changed

14. Delboy

Delboy First Grade

Ennis and Bwaif were embarrassing on Sunday, it’s no issue to have a soft spot for a team you played for, but that was Gus like in its cringe worthiness.

Gazzamatta likes this.
  15. Gronk

FFS

Poupou Escobar likes this.
  16. eels_fan

eels_fan Bench

Anyone got the rundown on Sam Hughes?

never heard of him? What position does he play?

17. Gronk

eels_fan likes this.
  18. emjaycee

emjaycee First Grade

So according to the ParraEels website, we already have a squad of 30 without Hughes, 5 who are yet to play FG this year (Smith, Dunster, Rankin, Salmon and Davies). So unless Dunster is still classified as a development player, in order for Hughes to be slotted into the top 30, someone has to have been released.

Dunster was named in the 19 last week, however development players can be played in FG now so maybe he is still on a development contract.

EDIT: Just found an article from November 2019 that listed Hughes, Stefano and Davies as development players so maybe Davies still is, even though he has his profile on the Team page.

19. Obscene Assassin

Obscene Assassin First Grade

Jai Field is D6 from memory

Joshuatheeel likes this.
  20. emjaycee

emjaycee First Grade

Did they bring the eligibility for D6 to play FG forward by as much as 9 weeks? It has normally been round 17 but Field replaced Moses in round 8.