What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Squad succession

King-Gutho94

Coach
You never know your luck on the day.
Bad Luck and Parramatta come hand in hand especially on GF day.

What club has to play in a GF an opposition who has had
- Greatest Halfback of all time.
- A team a million dollars over the cap.
- Statistically one of of the most dominant teams with the Best W/L record over a 3 years period in the past 40 years.

Chipmunk

Coach
Since the NRL era Us the Warriors and Raiders are the only teams to play in a GF and not win one.

Sharks/Knights/Tigers have all played in 1 Grand Final and not lost 1.

Titans and Dolphins have never played in a GF
I actually took the Dolphins to Premiers in Qld Cup and promotion to the NRL in one season on Rugby League Team Manager 3. I haven't continued that game once they were in the NRL, but I reckon I could do better than Bennett, who should've won the comp by now...

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
If the Panthers were on more he obviously wasn't talking about them ffs. Surely you knew what he meant. It's a rugby league forum. Imprecise language is part of the fun.

Noise

Coach
We are a top club, but the NRL team are playing pretty clunky right now. But can’t you see that from the W/L record ?
Are we a top club? Same amount of wooden spoons (3) as grand finals (3)in the NRL era with 0 premierships. Currently bottom 4. I’d say we are middle at best.

Gronk

Staff member
Are we a top club? Same amount of wooden spoons (3) as grand finals (3)in the NRL era with 0 premierships. Currently bottom 4. I’d say we are middle at best.
Well you’re entitled to that opinion.

lucablight

First Grade
Bad Luck and Parramatta come hand in hand especially on GF day.

What club has to play in a GF an opposition who has had
- Greatest Halfback of all time.
- A team a million dollars over the cap.
- Statistically one of of the most dominant teams with the Best W/L record over a 3 years period in the past 40 years.
Remember that time we were statistically one of the best defensive and attacking teams of all time in a grand final? Upsets happen in sport. None of those grand finals were fait accompli.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
Long term we are middling, but since the constitution change we have been well above average. Flash in the pan or signs of real growth? We won't find out any time soon.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
I just got on the shitter but I am off to the pub and left my glasses in the office. I’ll update this later as I’m far sighted and it’s hard trying to type while holding the phone far enough away to be able to see.

Latest posts