What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Squad succession

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
I'll give you an Alt story: Hopgood is not dumb enough to accept ??% more and go to the Tigers. He knows he has a top 17 gig at a top club who are prepared to pay him a solid upgrade. Where do I sign.
Yep. Papali'i and Mahoney showed their motivation by jumping to the Tigers and Dogs as soon as they could. You need to pay top dollar to keep merkins like that.

Hopgood signing so far out from coming off contract shows he wasn't interested in testing the market. Or maybe we've decided to throw top dollar at him six months early? It would be out of character for us.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
Not Hopbad at all:

* = player option
¢ = club option
" = mutual option
^ = development contract

Utility: Asi, Brown, Gutherson, Kalache^, Talagi^
Fullback: -
W/C: Blake (29), Cini^, Dunster, Loizou (21), Penisini, Russell, Simonsson, Sivo
Half: Arthur, Moses
Hooker: Hands, Hodgson, Rein (33)
Edge forward: Cartwright (29), Davey, Doorey, Lane, Mataele^, Matterson, Murchie
Middle: Campbell-Gillard, Greig (24), Hopgood, Makatoa, Momoisea, Ogden, Paulo, Rodwell

Utility: Asi (24)", Brown, Gutherson, Kalache (21)^, Talagi^
W/C: Cini (24)^, Dunster, Penisini, Russell, Simonsson (26)", Sivo
Half: Arthur (22), Moses (30)*
Hooker: Hands, Hodgson (35)"
Edge forward: Davey (33), Doorey (24)", Lane, Mataele, Matterson, Murchie (27)
Middle: Campbell-Gillard, Hopgood, Makatoa (31), Momoisea (26), Ogden (28)¢, Paulo, Rodwell (25)

Utility: Brown, Gutherson (31), Talagi (20)^*
W/C: Dunster (26)", Penisini (23), Russell (23), Sivo (32)
Half: -
Hooker: Hands (26)
Edge forward: Lane, Mataele (23), Matterson
Middle: Campbell-Gillard (32), Hopgood (26), Paulo

Utility: Brown*
W/C: -
Hooker: -
Edge forward: Lane (32)", Matterson (32)*
Middle: Paulo (33)

Edge forward: -
Middle: -

Utility: Brown (31)*

So we (officially) have 29 merkins in this year's top 30, and 25 in the 2024 squad.

King-Gutho94

Coach
I'll give you an Alt story: Hopgood is not dumb enough to accept ??% more and go to the Tigers. He knows he has a top 17 gig at a top club who are prepared to pay him a solid upgrade. Where do I sign.
I thought the story was that we didn't offer Papa anything and waited too long to offer him anything.

The reason being the club waited to see if Papa's form wasn't a flash in a pan.

If we offered him a 12 month upgrade in Round 11 that year i reckon he signs straight away.

Avenger

Immortal
I thought the story was that we didn't offer Papa anything and waited too long to offer him anything.

If we offered him a 12 month upgrade in Round 11 that year i reckon he signs straight away.
Would we take him back though? Serious question.

Avenger

Immortal
I would take him back ideally for 500k a year anything more is probably overs.
Exactly. He has been poor this year and does he take Matterson or Lane’s place when they are fully fit and firing? By his own admission he prefers to play in the middle so do we sign him and make him a prop like his namesake at Canberra?

JokerEel

Coach
Exactly. He has been poor this year and does he take Matterson or Lane’s place when they are fully fit and firing? By his own admission he prefers to play in the middle so do we sign him and make him a prop like his namesake at Canberra?

Ice isn't a middle anymore for me he would go straight back into his old position with Matto interchanging with Hopgood in the middle.

Gronk

Staff member
Since the NRL era Us the Warriors and Raiders are the only teams to play in a GF and not win one.

Sharks/Knights/Tigers have all played in 1 Grand Final and not lost 1.

Titans and Dolphins have never played in a GF
Yeah we have been runners up 3 times in the 2000's.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore

For a bloke motivated by money he would’ve been holding out to test the market, to prove his form wasn’t just a flash in the pan.

Gronk

Staff member
A

And are now a real chance of being bottom 4 this weekend.
Yeah but if we beat Canberra and the Panthers beat the Roosters, then what happens ? Take the stupid bye points out of it and we're all on 5 wins.

Latest posts