What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Squad succession

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
Yeah it's a fair point mate. Ultimately the categories are arbitrary and I am the sole arbiter. I might move Takairangi from 'utilities' to 'outside backs' one day. Then again, I might not. That's my f**king business.

Basil Brush

Juniors
Yeah it's a fair point mate. Ultimately the categories are arbitrary and I am the sole arbiter. I might move Takairangi from 'utilities' to 'outside backs' one day. Then again, I might not. That's my f**king business.

Love it Pou. You are one crazy bitch.

You may be small but your bark is bigger than your bite.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
Because the blokes listed as middle forwards can't play on the edges. By which I specifically mean they can't defend there.

I guess you could say Watmough and maybe Ualesi are therefore edge forwards as well.

Last edited:

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
French and Twal's profiles have been removed (again) from this year's squad. They will surely feature next year when they are no longer eligible for 20s. Interestingly Fuimaono is still listed despite being named in this week's NYC and despite not having signed beyond this year.

Fullback: Gordon, Moss
W/C: Faraimo, Folau, Gutherson, Jennings, Morgan, Radradra, Schulte, Toutai, Tuha
Half: Cornish, Foran, Kelly, Norman
Hooker: De Gois, King, Peats, Pritchard
Edge forward: Edwards, Gower, Ma'u, Moeroa, Scott, Tanginoa, Woods
Tight forward: Alvaro, Hasson, Mannah, O'Brien, Paulo, Terepo, Ualesi, Watmough, Wicks
Utility: Fuimaono, Nelson, Takairangi

Fullback: -
W/C: Folau, Gutherson, Jennings, Morgan, Radradra
Half: Foran
Hooker: Pritchard
Edge forward: Edwards, Gower, Ma'u, Moeroa, Scott
Tight forward: Alvaro, Mannah, Terepo, Twal, Watmough
Utility: French, Takairangi

W/C: Jennings, Radradra
Edge forward: Scott
Tight forward: Alvaro, Watmough
Utility: French

W/C: Jennings
Hooker: -
Edge forward: -
Tight forward: -

So we officially have 38 merkins in the squad this year.

^b0ss^

Juniors
hey pou is there a way you can add players that have already signed with other clubs.I was watching the sharks game today and they said Jrn was off the canberra next yr.

I didnt think he had already signed and thought we might be in the running to keep him.

I love the list btw.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
Cheers mate. As you can see from 2017 onwards, Paulo's name isn't there. I suppose if someone was keeping a list of off-contract players, Paulo would no longer be on it.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
Removed Morgan from 2016. Hopefully few further changes to come. :(

Fullback: Gordon, Moss
W/C: Faraimo, Folau, Gutherson, Jennings, Radradra, Schulte, Toutai, Tuha
Half: Cornish, Foran, Kelly, Norman
Hooker: De Gois, King, Peats, Pritchard
Edge forward: Edwards, Gower, Ma'u, Moeroa, Scott, Tanginoa, Woods
Tight forward: Alvaro, Hasson, Mannah, O'Brien, Paulo, Terepo, Ualesi, Watmough, Wicks
Utility: Fuimaono, Nelson, Takairangi

W/C: Folau, Gutherson, Jennings, Morgan, Radradra
Edge forward: Edwards, Gower, Ma'u, Moeroa, Scott
Tight forward: Alvaro, Mannah, Terepo, Twal, Watmough
Utility: French, Takairangi

W/C: Jennings, Radradra
Edge forward: Scott
Tight forward: Alvaro, Watmough
Utility: French

W/C: Jennings
Hooker: -
Edge forward: -
Tight forward: -

So we officially have 37 merkins in this year's squad.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
Foran should be a * in 2018-19 as the option is in his favour

He's listed there because we can't otherwise spend his money for those years. This thread is more about the liability than the asset, to try and help readers understand why we might not be able to make the recruitment/retention moves they think should be so easy.

Merkins pissing about how a 'contract means nothing these days' are very wrong when it comes to a player refusing to leave while under contract.

yy_cheng

Coach
He's listed there because we can't otherwise spend his money for those years. This thread is more about the liability than the asset, to try and help readers understand why we might not be able to make the recruitment/retention moves they think should be so easy.

Merkins pissing about how a 'contract means nothing these days' are very wrong when it comes to a player refusing to leave while under contract.

Then you should call it Squad Salary Liability Statement (with no figures)