What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Squasher a Knight!

General Knight

Juniors
I think its cuase the likes of waterhouse, clinton and those two(cant remember their names) with the afros. Theyre pretty hard to overtake.

gullsfan

Juniors
Wynnum play Burleigh in the final round of the QLD cup next Saturday 21/08/04. This is a televised ABC game locally, followed by a re-run on FOX on Wednesday or Thursday afternoon(not 100% sure of the time or day and I'm not sure if FOX are either, you can't trust their guide completely). Assuming he doesn't get suspended against Central today, you'll get to see him in a top 5 match (Burleigh are already minor premiers) against one of the more physical Q-cup packs.

Bring it home Knights

First Grade
antonius said:
XXXX Cap said:
I would be surprised if Grant Wooden makes it at NRL level. He's just a bit slow for that level and a bit one-dimensional. He plays 60-70 minutes each game, belting it up the middle and tackling everything that moves. In NRL, the speed of the game is faster, the players are more physically developed on average and he will cop plenty of punishment.

That's exactly how I recall him "A slower version of Parso" if that's at all posible. Definately not in the mould of a modern day Prop forward.

Wouldn't he pick up speed the more 1st grade he plays. Or is he simply a very slow player and will never change?

antonius

Coach
He played a fair bit of first grade at Manly, and the Northern Eagles, he is just big and lumbering,(from what I recall not very athletic at all)

XXXX Cap

Juniors
He's actually got a bit of speed once he gets going - made a great 40 metre burst last week.

However, he is an old-fashioned style front rower as someone mentioned.

Earl

Coach
gullsfan said:
Wynnum play Burleigh in the final round of the QLD cup next Saturday 21/08/04. This is a televised ABC game locally, followed by a re-run on FOX on Wednesday or Thursday afternoon(not 100% sure of the time or day and I'm not sure if FOX are either, you can't trust their guide completely). Assuming he doesn't get suspended against Central today, you'll get to see him in a top 5 match (Burleigh are already minor premiers) against one of the more physical Q-cup packs.

They normally replay it at 3 or 4pm on the Wednesday.

gullsfan

Juniors
XXXX Cap said:
He's actually got a bit of speed once he gets going - made a great 40 metre burst last week.
Has anyone seen those novelty Clydesdale gallops they have at the races from time to time? They really get going after about 1/2 a km. :lol:
(Sorry Cap, couldn't resist).
Seriously though, Shane Tronc has trimmed and quickened up out of sight since leaving QLD cup for the Cowboys. If the Nights trainers kick Squasher's ass during the off-season he could end up the same. Having been in the NRL once already and failing I think he'll definately have the attitude on song and not let this second chance slip by.

chinorocks

Juniors
From what I remember of him he wont be displacing anybody from the bench, let alone the starting team.

General Knight

Juniors
This is really wierd but i was just searching the net and i managed to find the 99' gains and losses for the knights and i saw this:

GAINS : Scott Conley (Gold Coast), Chad Dillinger (Adelaide), Chris Mandalikis (rugby), Clinton O'Brien (Gold Coast), Shane O'Grady (Central Coast), Tim Stocker (Manly), Jason Temu (Hull,UK), Steve Walters (North Qld.), Grant Wooden(Central Coast)
UNDER CONTRACT : Andrew Johns [2000], Matthew Johns [2000], Adam McDougall [1999]
RE-SIGNED : Glen Grief [3yrs], David Lomax[2yrs], Aaron Crainger [2yrs], Danny Buderus, Owen Craigie [2yrs]
RELEASED : Jason Allen, Brett Clements, Evan Cochrane, Steve Crowe, Brett Grogan, Lee Jackson, Mick Jenkins, Jarrod O'Doherty, Todd Paviou, Glenn Davis, Daniel Quinn, Scott Moody, John Jones, Mark Lucas
LOSSES : Neil Pincinelli (Souths/Retired), Wayne Richards (Souths) sacked and unable to play until until Round 6 1999 for testing positive to a banned drug
SUSPENDED : Robbie O'Davis (til May 99) for testing positive to a banned drug
COACH - Warren Ryan (ex ABC commentry). Malcom Reilly signed by Hudderfield, England

It says there that we gained Grant Wooden back in 1999. Is this the same Grant Wooden?

Heres the link if anyone wants to check it:

http://www.geocities.com/colosseum/field/8957/1999_mov.htm

If it was Squasher that would mean he would be about 19 or 20.