What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

St Helens make bid for Midley

Serc

First Grade
I would like Midley to stay...he is still only 29 so age wise and as we all know, form wise, he is not past it just yet. Also don't forget how old Johns is ;)

Considering Carney is leaving next year there will be another reshuffle, that should be the way Tighe gets into the backline, but we'll see. I would not like to see Midley retained if we lose someone like Tighe!

Misanthrope

Staff member
Does he still have something left in the tank ?

Will he go well in super league ?

What's his best attributes ?

He's still performing quite well for us after a fairly average 2005 season, and I think he'd offer plenty to the ESL - given that a great many of our older or less than world class players end up there and do quite a bit.

His best attributes are his ability to draw the defence and then offload with his trademark flick pass, which has made Darren Albert, Timana Tahu, and now Brian Carney look particularly dangerous.

He's also a solid defender.

If Gids goes, put your house on Smithy trying to start the process to sign Fielden if he wants to come to the NRL. He is afterall a Bradford associate at the moment. It would be worth the wait. Brian Smith would be keen to have the money to bring Widders and Morris to the club on 1 yr deals.

Oh yeah I forgot to add Bradford are in a bit of financial bother at the moment "according" to reports. So selling Fielden would be the logical thing to do especially if they are favourites to sign Morley as has been quoted. Of course the media never makes things up do they!!!!!!!!! Brian Smith get your act together and get big Stu over here before Ricky Stuart does a swap deal.

Razor

Coach
Hope the Knights can keep him. Of all this years off-contract players Midley would be the 2nd I'd sign after Mullen

1. Mullen (has re-signed)
2. Midley
3. C Smith
4. Seage
5. K Gidley
6. Lowrie

Gene Krupa

Referee
Sir Knight82 said:
Lets hope the Roosters and the Knights do the right thing and grant them permission to play in the test next month.

The Knights have said no to Carney going to England for the test. Was on 2HD on the 4.30pm news.

knights9

Juniors
I would love for Gidley to stay for a few more years, but it wont really be upset if he leaves as we have players to replace him with like Tighe.

Ben

Bench
I will like him to stay. But if somehow we could get a swap going, Gidley for Lyon, i'm up for it.

Roy

Juniors
If it means that brad tighe will get a center spot im all for it. Tighe looked dangerous every time he touched the ball last night, imo we have to get this kid in the side.

Razor

Coach
If it means that brad tighe will get a center spot im all for it. Tighe looked dangerous every time he touched the ball last night, imo we have to get this kid in the side.

Dump Carmount for Tighe.

Midley is a lot better than Tighe

Lowey3

Juniors
Stevo said today that St Helens will announce the signing of Gidley next week.

Good signing for us but dissapointed Lyon is leaving.

macavity

Referee
sad if the above is true.

we had to put up with his '05 form, '06 has been golden gids. our backline will lose alot with him gone, and you cant replace that sort of class.

he will kill it over there guys.

no idea what we would spend that money on - Fielden would be good if Kids to centres...

Razor

Coach
Yeah it will be sad.

Midley has been great this year. Equal 2nd(with Lockyer) on line break assists behind Johns this year.

St.Seahawksl

Juniors
Rumour over here is that Gidley will join Saints on a 2 year deal and return on it`s completion to a Senior Executive management job with the Knights.

I assume some player personnel or administration role.

Latest posts