What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

St Helens prop to Sydney Roosters

JasonE

Bench
Apparently Mark Edmundson is going to link up with Mozza at the Roosters. He's not that big but he's exceptionally fast for a prop/2nd rower.

aussies1st

Staff member
He would make a good replacement for Crocker for speed in the back/front row

eloquentEEL

First Grade
I think St Helens got the better end of the deal out of the Cayless/Edmondson swap

Roosters must be losing their touch :lol:

miketyson

Juniors
the roosters are also going to sign karl temarte from the warriors.

remember where you heard it first.

Iafeta

Referee
No great loss. Karl has been in pretty average form this year.

A propping rotation of Price, Wiki, Villasanti and Guttenbeil is still strong enough. Admittedly Paleaaesina's strike power is a massive loss, but Karl just doesn't do enough for mine. If he had some ball skills he could be a good lock, though as his defence is very, very good.

KFC

Juniors
And bullsh*t IMO too.

Someone needs to cancel thje chequebook cause whoever's got it at the moment is not in their right mind.

iggy plop

First Grade
JasonE said:
Apparently Mark Edmundson is going to link up with Mozza at the Roosters. He's not that big but he's exceptionally fast for a prop/2nd rower.

Good tennis player in his day.

Fairleigh Good!

Juniors
Edmo is having a cracking season in Super League. I don't think the Roosters would have to pay him that much either, so he would be a great squad player for them. He is certainly capable, whatever nospam49 may tell you, of playing competitively in the NRL.

I would rate Edmo as the fastest prop forward I have ever seen. He is a tall lad and is the only prop I know who could genuinely outrun most fullbacks in Super League.

His impact isn't all that great, but when its at that speed, it hurts the defense anyway. Put him through a gap from anywhere past your own 40 and he can finish it from there. There have been many occasions this season where he has been put through a gap by Cunningham and gone round the fullback. His support play is magnificent and his defending is very solid.

All in all a very, very useful player. I hope Saints don't lose him.

viking warrior

Juniors
edmondson is a big powerful lad with an exceptional turn of pace for a prop forward. he also has a good try scoring record and recently scored a hat trick in the 75-0 demolition of wigan. he is still quite young and i am sure that he will be a cracking signing for the chooks!!

aussies1st

Staff member
He sounds like a good signing for the chooks, will be interesting seeing his progress next year.

Latest posts