What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

St Kilda club save themselves for 'hot chicks'

Patorick

Staff member
http://www.foxsports.com.au/afl/st-...s-for-hot-chicks/story-e6frf33l-1226428769753

St Kilda act on complaint after player allegedly told girl the club saved themselves for 'hot chicks'

By Christopher Gillett
Herald Sun
July 18, 2012 9:14AM

A young girl claims she was told by a St Kilda player that the club saved themselves for ''hot chicks'' and that ''there should be a no fat chicks section'' in their contracts.

The girl, who has not been named, said the comments were made last week at Melbourne airport while she was trying to get a photograph for her friend.

She told the Herald Sun she was horrified by the experience.

“Instantly my eyes filled up with tears,” she said.

“Body image and how I look is important, so that comment, coming from someone who is in the public eye, made me feel like a monster.

“Now I think everyone around me is thinking those things.”

St Kilda's head of football Chris Pelchen confirmed the club had acted on the incident.

In a statement he said: ''The St Kilda Football Club can confirm we received a complaint from the mother of a young lady alleging comments were made by the players at Melbourne airport on Friday that upset her daughter.

''The Club has spoken to the playing group, and while there is some conjecture about the comments, the Club is mindful that sensitivities need to be respected.

''The family involved have indicated their appreciation for the professional way the St Kilda Football Club has managed the matter.''

The team made a donation to the Butterfly Foundation and also provided a guernsey to the young girl.

AFL's Women's Round starts this week.

A spokesman from the AFL said they were “very concerned” with any suggestion that a football fan has not been treated with the respect that they deserve.

“We were pleased that St Kilda has acted quickly to resolve this matter.”
Having seen the "St Kilda girl" from last year, the headline is debatable.

:sarcasm:

CyberKev

Staff member
Any chance of the Saints club saving themselves for some success any time soon?