What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Stadium violence

The Colonel

Immortal
Not that I heard and I was working at the game. There were a few scuffles that were cleaned up pretty quickly. Sounds like someone with an axe to grind.....

JessEel

Accredited Media Releases
You see, Manly fans aren’t arrogant. We’re just blessed, as a kind of birth right, to support the team that we do. We can’t help it if the scum of the earth have chosen to support every other team.

:roll:

I was one of the last out of the ground on the eastern side.

I can't speak for the western side but the only "Racial" things I saw was a proud aborigine having a go at Manly fans waiting for the bus telling them "Whats Wrong, Manly isn't that far to walk I do that distance on a Bottle of Burbon"

Stagger eel

Staff member
the date of the article was written Friday the 16th of September, 5 days after the event!!...if something as dispicible as what was alleged to have happened at the Stadium that afternoon did occour, don't you think the media would of been all over it???..also if he thought it was that bad why he didn't he report it to the club, media or Police?..this bloke appears to be no more than a sore losing scumbag, and I believe there were a few of those wearing Manly jerseys that day.

fish eel

Immortal
Not worth wasting your breath on.

The language used shows that its a umm, less than credible source!

Zaphod

Juniors
I actually think I know what he was talking about, as I had to walk right past that scuffle, as for who was involved I could not give specifics, but there was a punch up in front of the cronin stand near the exit

walker smith

Juniors
What a disgraceful unsubstantiated allegation! If something like this had happened surely there would have been reporting other than this twaddle!

This is just a bitter fool playing upon stereotypes to engender hatred against Parramatta and its supporters....note the use of extremes, as his "villains" are stereotypically evil "middle eastern" men and his "victim" is a poor disabled man...the only thing missing is the black cape and twirling moustache for the "assailants" and an organ grinder providing background music! "Screaming women and scurrying bodies"....who is that B-grade hack???

How is this imbecile allowed to publish such accusations without either substantiating them or without being called to account....as well as being insulting to those associated with parramatta it is downright racist!

I notice that his little story makes no provision for heroism on his own behalf....even in this bloke's ridiculous fantasies he is a poisonous coward!

Stagger eel

Staff member
Zaphod said:
I actually think I know what he was talking about, as I had to walk right past that scuffle, as for who was involved I could not give specifics, but there was a punch up in front of the cronin stand near the exit

there may of been an incident as there normally is at every event where large people congragate, but to accuse Parramatta fans in general of being violent is nothing but a gross generalisation and perfect example of clutching at straws.

I as a supporter will never tollerate that sort of behavour from any Parra fans and I dare say I wouldn't be alone there

walker smith

Juniors
eelavation said:
there may of been an incident as there normally is at every event where large people congragate, but to accuse Parramatta fans in general of being violent is nothing but a gross generalisation and perfect example of clutching at straws.

I as a supporter will never tollerate that sort of behavour from any Parra fans and I dare say I wouldn't be alone there

here here...i speak as someone who has had many differing views to other parra fans about club and coaching policy, yet i am confident that parra fans dont have that streak of malice that is so prevalent in other "armies"!

It is part of the reason we have such a fantastic behavioural record!

JessEel

Accredited Media Releases
walker smith said:
What a disgraceful unsubstantiated allegation! If something like this had happened surely there would have been reporting other than this twaddle!

This is just a bitter fool playing upon stereotypes to engender hatred against Parramatta and its supporters....note the use of extremes, as his "villains" are stereotypically evil "middle eastern" men and his "victim" is a poor disabled man...the only thing missing is the black cape and twirling moustache for the "assailants" and an organ grinder providing background music! "Screaming women and scurrying bodies"....who is that B-grade hack???

How is this imbecile allowed to publish such accusations without either substantiating them or without being called to account....as well as being insulting to those associated with parramatta it is downright racist!

I notice that his little story makes no provision for heroism on his own behalf....even in this bloke's ridiculous fantasies he is a poisonous coward!

written like an english teacher!!!

well said!!!! :clap:

Freak

Juniors
I hope this is OK to place in here.

A good mate of mine was the head of security at the game in question and although he reported to me that the crowds behavior was the worst of the season there was no-one arrested and only evictions from the stadium took place. (mostly manly supporters)

Stagger eel

Staff member
Freak said:
I hope this is OK to place in here.

A good mate of mine was the head of security at the game in question and although he reported to me that the crowds behavior was the worst of the season there was no-one arrested and only evictions from the stadium took place. (mostly manly supporters)

Manly supprters?????...no really??

look, I'm not having a go some of our Manly friends out there namely Mzilikazi, Zaphod and Cliffy but the author of that article obviously a disgruntled Manly fan who probably lost a bit of cash on the match and is taking it out on us supporters. I'm sure the three people mentioned will understand that.

Zaphod

Juniors
I was pissed off, I went there 2 of my mates and myself came out of there with a flu!

bloody parra stadium. :)

On another topic though, when are parra offloading tim smith to us? or at least getting him to teach Michael monaghan
1) How to pass left to right (and right to left for that matter)
2) how to pass long
3) how to pass short
4) how to kick and make the ball stop in goals
5) how not to whinge to the ref
6) how to talk to the media without making all the club supporters wanting to bitch slap him

The Colonel

Immortal
Zaphod said:
I was pissed off, I went there 2 of my mates and myself came out of there with a flu!

On another topic though, when are parra offloading tim smith to us? or at least getting him to teach Michael monaghan
2) how to pass long
3) how to pass short
6) how to talk to the media without making all the club supporters wanting to bitch slap him

You'll get Dykes well before Tim Smith.....

Zaphod

Juniors
the roosters get more dykes...no wait hang on.....

At least let him give monas the maoning turtle a few half back lessons

Stagger eel

Staff member
Zaphod said:

2) how to pass long
3) how to pass short

sure! consultancy fees do apply........however, the offloading bit is out of the question. ;-)

Hurriflatch

Referee
Well if reports are true that I heard Manly were set to grab either Witt or Smith but Parra basically gave them Witt instead of losing Timmy.

Latest posts