What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Stadiums Rank

I cant really comment on most as ive only ever been to 3 so ill rank them in order

1. Suncorp
2. Canberra
3. Brookvale

magpie_man

Juniors
1. Leichardt
2. Oki Jubilee
3. Brookvale
4. Lang Park
5. Parramatta
6. Central Coast
7. WIN
8. Campbelltown
9. SFS
10. Stadium Australia

brendothejet

First Grade
phonetic said:
1. Kogarah. Yes I'm biased, but I love the place. The renovations are just making the place even better.
2. SFS. A superb football ground. Distinctive architecture, great viewing, close to the city.
3. Suncorp. Was up there for the Saints/Bronocos semi last year and was very impressed. Shame about the XXXX.
4. Leichardt. Second best suburban ground behind Kogarah.
5. Canberra Stadium. Not too many bad seats in this ground.

Worst Ground - Shark Park.

Parramatta Stadium was a great ground.. I'm not such a fan now the hills are gone. Also the fact that signage blocks the view of the big screen from certain parts of the ground counts against it.

Homebush is sensational for the big games. Not a bad place to watch footy from if you're on the lower level on either side. Plenty of bad seats though.

Olympic Park I've been to twice. Cold, miserable, grey... they really need that new ground asap.

Couldn't agree more.

Shark park is the worst possible place in the world to watch football from. Its a nightmare for parking. The hill is flat...actually I think it slants away from the game.

Glenn

First Grade
1.SFS
2.Lang Park
3.Parramatta
4. Wollongong
5.Brookvale
6. Mt Smart
7.Bruce Stadium
8.Kograh Jubilee
9. Penrith Sports Ground
10. Brookvale
11. Campbelltown
12. Stadium Australia (except when above half full)
13. Shark Park
14. Leichhardt
15. Olympic Park

HevyDevy

Coach
How anyone can put Telstra in the top 10 I don't know.

And EnergyAustralia ahead of Parramatta? That ground is a sh*thole!!!

Sharkie™

Juniors
I havnt been to many stadiums i stick to the usuals, this is why i have ranked telstra so high because i go there often to watch bulldogs games.

1. Telstra (only when its full for origin or a GF - the atmosphere is electric) when its not full it will be as low as toyota.
2. Parramatta - it is getting on a bit, but i feel close to the action and i enjoy watching footy there
3. SFS - only been there once for a semi and unfortunately it didnt fill so i didnt get to experience the atmosphere which it is famous for.
4. Toyota Park - (unfortunately) i hate to say because im a huge sharkies supporter, but it is the worst ground to watch footy which i have been to. It smells like a sewer aswell because of its location.

boonboon

Juniors
Of the ones I've been too

1. Telstra - was there for the GF in 05 and loved it may not be as good when not full
2. Leichardt - what an atmosphere
3. SFS - a real football stadium
4. Canberra - cold but not a bad seat in the place
5. Energy Australia - however this was back in the early 90s so been a while
6. Olympic Park - the worst ground in the entire world - esp away from the grandstands you are just on gravel

Snoz

Juniors
i am a manly supporter and love brookie but it is way outdated needs an overhaul

canberra stadium and sfs are my two favs but i haven't been to all of them - suncopr looks great on the tv.

mxlegend99

Referee
In 2003/2004 when Panthers games had 20,000+, the atmosphere was incredible. (The past 2 years it's not as good) Telstra for the Grand Finals is pretty awesome, but i went to the Storm vs Dragons game there... and it was pretty underwhelming. I expected more from a finals game.

One of these days i'll travel up to QLD and get to a Suncorp game. I've only ever been there over summer break when the NRL isn't on :(

Haven't been to Suncorp, but would think that if I did it would be #1 hands down. Of the ones I have been too.

1 - Parramatta Stadium. Fans in the stands are right on top of the action. Night games there have a great atmosphere. Parra fans are the biggest boo-ers in the comp. Only downside is the beer queues are way toooooo loooonnggg.

2 - Canberra Stadium. Perhaps a surprise to some. Facilities are awesome, a great modern ground to watch league. Only downside is the lack of atmosphere of late (smallish crowds), and f**king cold at night games.

3 - Aussie Stadium. When full, is an electric place to watch a game, particularly at night after most of the crowd have had a few bevvies. Anzac Day atmosphere is the best all season.

4 - Leichhardt. Agreed that its the best suburban ground. Facilities arent the best, but a Sunday afternoon on the hill watching the game is a great day (unless the dragons lose of course).

5 - Telstra. Agreed it can be cavernous for club games, but when its full its got a great vibe to it - especially at night. Best facilities of all grounds.

6 - Kogarah. Currently under redevelopment and will increase capacity. Similar to Leichhardt, Sunday arvos on the hill are fantastic. However our crowds have tended to be on the quiet side of late which I find very disappointing. Only other downside is the shape of the oval - thus fans are further away from the action than I would prefer (especially on the hill & each end).

Worst I've been to - Shark Park. If you're not in a stand, its an ordinary place to watch league.

Worst in the comp - has to be Olympic Park. Without the benefit of experiencing it, it looks so archaic. Get that new ground happening ASAP.

Latest posts