What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Stalker alert!!! / Beer appreciation thread

hrundi99

First Grade
Raider Ultra said:
I was taking the piss Thickos, although its not as bad as alot of people make out. Guinness is evil, tastes like thickened instant coffee.

Just as well. Canada are like us, with a good cross range of mixes from majors (Drys, Ices, etc) and microbrewery stuff. The good stuff is there, you just have to look for it.

Been to the US and had a Bud forced down your throat?

Don't ever bag out Aus in that context. :p

Ah beer, the source and cure to all of lifes problems.

I've been partial to a pommy/irish beer of late. Sinking a few Kilkenny's or Tetley's is what I do if I want an to spend some hard earned on beer. It's funny seeing Kronenburg mentioned as expensive, similar to Heini's they are awful cheap in Europe, sunk many whilst I was there.

At the moment I have a half a case of Amsterdam, which is cheap and they go down alright. If you want to look like you wear a skirt, Pure Blonde is a good beer. It's good for me being a low carbs beer, but it can be pricey also. VB is ok for a beer, tomorrow night I shall sink a few as I got given tickets in a corporate box on the halfway line, unless they serve crownies! Which as stated above is just Fosters with a different label.

woodgers said:
Reschs Real and Tooheys Red are the real catpiss ones but besides that I will jump at VB, Carlton and the other main ones first.

Ah toohey's red. Worlds worst beer...ever. Almost matched by a sunshine ale type beer I had at some brewery/bar in brisbane a couple of weeks ago. If you drink red you have to settle it down with some good ol' (V)itamin (B) or else you will pay...

Raider Azz

Bench
personally i am with ultra in that i prefer the exports. my favourite main stream australian beer is definately carlton draught by a long shot. i used to detest VB but seeing as though it's all there is to choose from at the raiders i have had to get used to it.

sydraider

First Grade
I dont mind a VB for breakfast lol.
I am a big fan of euro beers, becks in particular would have to be my favourite, also very dangerous for me because i can drink them like water lol.
Other noteable mentions are of course stella.
Ill have to sample that belgium bar near the rocks that was mentioned, i have had a few belgian beers, all were great tasting.
I also dont mind a miller's, not bad for a yank drop, rather sm,ooth and easy to drink.
On the local front, ya cant beat an ice cold VB, especially for a hair of the dog lol. Coopers and Tooheys dry also get a mention.
Someone mentioned pure blonde, it is surprisingly a pretty good tasting beer.

Oh BTW happy birthday RR.

Timbo

Staff member
Coopers is the right stuff. Only discovered it recently, but I can drink it like its going out of style.

Although its like drinking a loaf of bread.

sydraider

First Grade
Yup doctor cooper knew his home remedies allright!

I usually down a sixer of the sparkling when im feeling the flu coming on.

thickos

First Grade
Had my first St Arnou on Friday night... very nice blonde beer. Nice crisp flavour and for $3.80 a schooner it is quality. Reminded me very strongly of a lot of the Belgian beers I've had, but without the fullness of flavour.

When in Adelaide last year for a conference it was basically Coopers everywhere... not a fan of the Pale Ale. It's too similar to Adelaide drinking water - brown sludge :p

Redback is also good, with or without lemon

Raider_69

Post Whore
well the boys suceeded, got a few beers into me, stellas i think they were... not to bad

hrundi99

First Grade
I look Coopers, and their Pale Ale, but I find that because they are heavier and more old school, they stuff around my allergies.

I'm actually allergic to yeast, etc.

Oops...