What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Stamped never to play origin again

League_God

Juniors
Farah, Uate, Jennings, Creagh seem to be copping a lot of unfair criticism.

1. Refs puzzling sin binning of jennings
2. Todd Carney's absolute f**king shocker. There's no nice way to put it. Worst origin game/debut by anyone since steve turner.
3. Decision to kick for goal
4. Missed conversion
5. Every 50/50 call going QLD's way
6. Stuart's game plan

Are all to blame. Every single player for NSW played great footy except for carney.
- Farah made 10 metres with every run.
- Uate instantly got our attack on the front foot making 3 kick returns for 85 metres. 8 tackle busts (the most of any player other than T-Rex). 1 try
- Jennings 152 metres and 1 try
- Creagh 19 tackles in 24 minutes 3 runs for 30 metres. 0 missed tackles.

All solid stats. A slightly different game plan and Watmough to come in at the expense of buhrer/creagh/stewart and that's it.

This side can beat queensland. Give it time. QLD were shitting themselves for most of the match. We just have to learn to be comfortable dominating them.

NSW by 12 in game 2

Tiger Hawk

Bench
I'm not saying he wasn't any good.

You blokes need to learn how to comprehend a bit. Have I said that he should be replaced?

I've commended his performance in where it was good, and criticised where it was selfish or not disciplined.

No - you've criticised him based on how you perceived he played, without actually pointing to specific moments when he did what you allege he did. The stats are quite conclusive in this regard and I can quite honestly say he played as direct as I've ever seen him play. He did occasionally stand at first receiver so I hope you're not confusing that with his performance from dummy half.
He made lots of metres on the back of great forward momentum from the NSW middle men in the opening exchange, and got through a lot of defence. He was exceptional in these areas.

But the selfish play was there to see - he made sideways darts from dummy half and got into the road of Pearce on a couple of occasions, and he also tried to steal a try from dummy half on a 4th tackle when the NSW attack was all ready to put on a move.
Firstly, thank you Roy Masters who wrote the selfish bit about going for a try. Secondly, I thought attempting to score a try was the aim of the game. Ok, he was held up and yes, NSW "might" have scored had they spread the ball. But they also "might" not have scored. Farah went as close as any NSW player on the night where a kick wasn't involved so to label that one run, from 87 other touches, "selfish" is laughingly absurd.
Cam Smith can play the same way and would be just as capable at doing exceptional things a lot of the time and take the glory. But then there is team discipline and distributing the ball to the halves quickly and cleanly to give the halves the time for the attack. Farah just needs to fine tune his decisions on when to do it himself and when to distribute - the latter should be the majority of the time.

He can't let the personal shit about any threat to his position get in the way of the team objective.
As I said in my previous post, the latter you mention is what he did the VAST majority of time. 9 total runs (counting the bullshit hitup he took after he had just been subbed back on) out of 87 touches. Selfish play my arse, f**k some people are never happy (and yes I know I'm one of them when it comes to players I don't rate).

T.T

Juniors
I'm not saying he wasn't any good.

You blokes need to learn how to comprehend a bit. Have I said that he should be replaced?

I've commended his performance in where it was good, and criticised where it was selfish or not disciplined.

He made lots of metres on the back of great forward momentum from the NSW middle men in the opening exchange, and got through a lot of defence. He was exceptional in these areas.

But the selfish play was there to see - he made sideways darts from dummy half and got into the road of Pearce on a couple of occasions, and he also tried to steal a try from dummy half on a 4th tackle when the NSW attack was all ready to put on a move.

Cam Smith can play the same way and would be just as capable at doing exceptional things a lot of the time and take the glory. But then there is team discipline and distributing the ball to the halves quickly and cleanly to give the halves the time for the attack. Farah just needs to fine tune his decisions on when to do it himself and when to distribute - the latter should be the majority of the time.

He can't let the personal shit about any threat to his position get in the way of the team objective.

what's wrong with trying to steal a try from dummy half. he went very very close to scoring, and was the best attempt that nsw had of scoring a try that wasnt off a kick

D

Deleted member 10972

Timana Tahu
Braith Anasta
Willie Mason
Brent Kite
Matt Cooper
Ben Hornby
Luke Bailey
Brett White
Anthony Quinn
Steve Turner
Anthony Tupou
Joel Monaghan (for obvious reasons)
James McManus
Terry Campese (I rate him but he is broken)
Justin Poore
Josh Perry
Anthony Laffranchi
Trent Waterhouse
Jason King
Jamie Soward
Ben Creagh

Most of these guys either failed or simply did zilch at Origin level.

Matt King and Ryan Hoffman have been okay since returning from SL, but nothing special. Luke O'Donnell was always a strong addition before leaving for England. Undecided regarding Kade Snowden, Beau Scott, Jamal Idris, David Williams or Peter Wallace, but time will tell.

ANTiLAG

First Grade
Timana Tahu
Braith Anasta
Willie Mason
Brent Kite
Matt Cooper
Ben Hornby
Luke Bailey
Brett White
Anthony Quinn
Steve Turner
Anthony Tupou
Joel Monaghan (for obvious reasons)
James McManus
Terry Campese (I rate him but he is broken)
Justin Poore
Josh Perry
Anthony Laffranchi
Trent Waterhouse
Jason King
Jamie Soward
Ben Creagh

Most of these guys either failed or simply did zilch at Origin level.

Matt King and Ryan Hoffman have been okay since returning from SL, but nothing special. Luke O'Donnell was always a strong addition before leaving for England. Undecided regarding Kade Snowden, Beau Scott, Jamal Idris, David Williams or Peter Wallace, but time will tell.

How young are you?

D

Deleted member 10972

23 mate. I should have specified, I am talking about the 2006 onwards period, since QLD hasn't lost.

Tweed Titan

Bench
Funny thing is those criticising Farah would be jizzing over Cam Smith's game if he played the same game last Wednesday.