What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Standard of the Toyota Cup

watatank

Coach
Hey people,

Just wondering what have been your thoughts on the standard of the Toyota Cup? Is it just a glorified Flegg competition or has the standard really gone up? I have been impressed with the standard of play in general but I haven't followed Flegg before so Ive got no idea how it compares

Edwahu

Bench
I thought it was good at the start but went downhill a bit once injuries hit and some players got moved into firsts. The style of play was pretty entertaining most of the time though.

roopy

Referee
It definately started at a higher level than Flegg because the players put in a near NRL level off season, but it's been a bloodbath at the Knights at least - a lot of careers have ended in tears during the season.
We will see next season or the season after if guys are being set up for success in firstgrade, but just for now i think it's cutthroat and brutal.
The standard right now is about Flegg level, but it's gone down over the year rather than improved like Flegg used to, mostly because kids who don't cut it are being flicked for younger kids at an incredible rate.

mxlegend99

Referee
Panthers are another team where injuries and first grade have seriously crippled the team. Before the season even kicked off, we had our best centre ruled out for the entire season. Every week it has seemingly gotten worse for them... at one point we were missing 15 of our players.

But looking at the amount of first grade talent the competition has produced... the standard mustn't be too bad as a lot of the blokes are managing to fit into first grade fairly well.

Latest posts