What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Stands On North & south Hill

parrachilean31

Juniors
Hey parra fans after a great win on the weekend verry happy, as i was in the line for tickets on saturday couple of guys were mentioning the north and south stands. What ever happend to that idea is that still on the cards . Not just for parra but for other teams like sysdney fc to play in a stadium like parra with north and southern terrace. I herd the capacity for the stadium would have been for 42000 , With australia trying to get world cup maybe parra stadium will be built up..

fish eel

Immortal
IIRC the Stadium Trust received funding from the state government to build a southern stand which includes a function room which is sorely needed in the city.

The funding, however, was only for one third of the total cost of the stand - based on 2007 costings (when it was announced).

It was hoped another third would come from the Federal Government but neither side has indicated they'll stump up the cash.

The final third was to come from the private sector. Whether that means a loan is taken out by the trust or private enterprise stumps up the cash and builds it, who knows.

So, in a nutshell, I think it's pie in the sky stuff. One third of the funding based on costings that are atleast 2 years old and no indication of where the balance is to come from.

parrachilean31

Juniors
No no Great minds think alike nice to have somone on the same page on the thread.. Hollywood jesus are you the one that mentioned abou the signs on the hill ??? just read on a web page that the parra trust is looking into the facilities at parra stadium who knows maybe a complted stadium maybe on the cards.By the ways guys i'm Called Parrachilean....remmember.

Sparky 74

Juniors
I heard if they do the south & north stands in total Parra Stadium will hold close to 40,000

But I do think they need to do something about the parking as it is crap at the moment.

born an eel

Bench
now chillie doesn't only want to start new threads but build new stands.

You know you can sit with others in the existing stands just like you can add to existing threads. ;-)

Latest posts