What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker

hineyrulz

Post Whore
Finally crawled past a billion, what an amazing achievement for a Skywalker(Palpatine)Saga film.

bileduct

Coach
Finally crawled past a billion, what an amazing achievement for a Skywalker(Palpatine)Saga film.
Man, that movie is cooked. In US domestic ticket sales it's looking to under perform The Last Jedi by about $100M which itself was a substantial drop on The Force Awakens.

It should have been pulling in Endgame money, yet it's going to be lucky to even get the kind of money Captain Marvel pulled in after Disney tricked people into going to see that.

Generalzod

Immortal
So Rey is a Palpatine yet Luke’s light sabre call to her, yet it doesn’t explain how that yoga looking character got her hands on Luke’s lightsaber

hineyrulz

Post Whore
Man, that movie is cooked. In US domestic ticket sales it's looking to under perform The Last Jedi by about $100M which itself was a substantial drop on The Force Awakens.

It should have been pulling in Endgame money, yet it's going to be lucky to even get the kind of money Captain Marvel pulled in after Disney tricked people into going to see that.
It's going to struggle to get past Rogue one, it's insane how badly Disney have botched this trilogy up.

hineyrulz

Post Whore
Really? Considering the movie has been out just over 2 months it is only $28 million dollars from passing Rogue One's box office. Source: https://www.the-numbers.com/movies/franchise/Star-Wars#tab=summary&franchise_movies_overview=od5

As such I think it will sail past it with relative ease
Sail past it??? It’s barely making 1 million a day. It was already taken out of over 1200 cinemas in the US alone. This movie should of been making endgame numbers instead it won’t even get close to TLJ.

Sail past it??? It’s barely making 1 million a day. It was already taken out of over 1200 cinemas in the US alone. This movie should of been making endgame numbers instead it won’t even get close to TLJ.

Whatever you reckon champ :p Its only been in the cinemas for 6 weeks :p

hineyrulz

Post Whore
Whatever you reckon champ :p Its only been in the cinemas for 6 weeks :p
This movie has no legs, Jumanji 3 is making almost the same per day and it’s been in the cinema a week longer. LOL Jumanji, but but but it made an amazing billion dollars. The Farce awakens crossed a billion in its second week.

bileduct

Coach
Really? Considering the movie has been out just over 2 months it is only $28 million dollars from passing Rogue One's box office. Source: https://www.the-numbers.com/movies/franchise/Star-Wars#tab=summary&franchise_movies_overview=od5

As such I think it will sail past it with relative ease
Your own source has a chart showing US domestic box office sales starting to flatline underneath Rogue One.

Will it make more globally? Yeah I'd say so. But not by much.

bileduct

Coach
Rise of Skywalker has scraped past Rogue One globally by around $3M, but the wheels are well and truly off and it will drop short of Rogue One in the US domestic market by about $20M, and The Last Jedi by about $105M.

With Rise of Skywalker's estimated budget of $275M vs an estimated budget of $200M, Rogue One is more of a financial success than Rise of Skywalker.

Somehow I don't think Disney is going to be too happy with "but at least it did better than Solo..."

hineyrulz

Post Whore
Rise of Skywalker has scraped past Rogue One globally by around $3M, but the wheels are well and truly off and it will drop short of Rogue One in the US domestic market by about $20M, and The Last Jedi by about $105M.

With Rise of Skywalker's estimated budget of $275M vs an estimated budget of $200M, Rogue One is more of a financial success than Rise of Skywalker.

Somehow I don't think Disney is going to be too happy with "but at least it did better than Solo..."
But it was sailing past Rogue One wasn’t it???

Mr Spock!

Referee
Disney are raking in the real dollars by merchandising the f**k out of star wars.
Maybe....have to admit to having merch up to Rogue One (including most lego sets). I'm not the slightest bit interested in getting anything from TLJ and beyond.

bileduct

Coach
The Rise of Skywalker is finally dead at the box office, and managed to beat Rogue One by only $18M. The Joker performed better, even with its R rating. What an utter failure for the film that was supposed to wrap up over 40 years of Star Wars.

I downloaded a copy and tried to watch it again, but couldn't get through it without skipping past large portions of it. What a f**king boring movie.

Jack Deth

Juniors
The Rise of Skywalker is finally dead at the box office, and managed to beat Rogue One by only $18M. The Joker performed better, even with its R rating. What an utter failure for the film that was supposed to wrap up over 40 years of Star Wars.

I downloaded a copy and tried to watch it again, but couldn't get through it without skipping past large portions of it. What a f**king boring movie.

Rouge One is the best of the last few movies imo. I cannot watch the others more than the once.

oh and i liked Solo ;-p

Reactions: PJ

hineyrulz

Post Whore

Wasn’t it flying past Rouge one?? When you factor in inflation did it even beat it???

Lol it’s all the fans fault anyway.

Latest posts