What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Start the rebuild

Chipmunk

Coach
I called it 4 weeks ago when we lost Moses.

The season was always going to be a house of cards, as we had three critical flaws at the start of the season.

Firstly, we've only got at best 19 players capable of even being in an NRL 17, and then we have to bring in kids and eternal reggies. Any injuries to Moses, Gutho or RCG and we were always going to be f**ked.

Secondly, the coach was always going to play one player at 9, yet we didn't have any player in the squad who could play 9 for 80 minutes and was likely going to be nothing more than a passenger after 50 minutes.

Thirdly, the coaching staff are extremely out of their depth tactics wise.

Last edited:

lucablight

First Grade
Russell
Lane
Matterson
Paulo
Asi
Lussick

Should all be tapped on the shoulder and told that they are free to look at their options.
I think all of them except Asi (and maybe Lussick after his poor start this season) can be valuable contributors to a contending team.

JokerEel

Coach
Russell
Lane
Matterson
Paulo
Asi
Lussick

Should all be tapped on the shoulder and told that they are free to look at their options.

Barlow isn't that bad just not coached well..

Russell and Asi are good backups the rest can go.

I questioned the reasoning to go after Lussick when the bald idiot from Canberra went down..
Lussick is another good backup not a regular first grade player..

It is just our club playing Moneyball

Avenger

Immortal
Barlow isn't that bad just not coached well..

Russell and Asi are good backups the rest can go.

I questioned the reasoning to go after Lussick when the bald idiot from Canberra went down..
Lussick is another good backup not a regular first grade player..

It is just our club playing Moneyball
Paulo is on $900k. He isn’t worth that coming off the bench and playing 30min. He needs to go.

hindy111

Post Whore
Paulo is on $900k. He isn’t worth that coming off the bench and playing 30min. He needs to go.

We had to cough up the 250k for Stephano and slowly develop him. He was our long term solution.
We then started handing out 4yr deals to players having a good season like Lane and Matterson. Why would they leave? Who would take on their contracts?
Jnr would maybe get 600k on the open market. We'd have to chip in to much.

JokerEel

Coach
I didn't believe BA is doing right by Blaize playing him at 6 or off the bench in first grade.

If his long term future is Fullback go play NSW cup at fullback.

Tell the club to spend some cash and get a fullback coach (freelance not full-time)in to coach him..

Give Slater some pocket money ffs or someone.
Not just Blaize all the clubs backs could do with some outside coaching..

You can see how good Benji is for his halves development...

King-Gutho94

Coach
Do you want Junior or Hass for similar money?? I’d take Hass every time
I would take neither.

Haas is a Gallen super-coach stat padder.

What games does he actually influence to justify that money

NSW didn't miss him in Game 3 last year.

When has he stood out and dominated an origin game.

Tino and haas had a push and shove one year in an origin.

The following game Haas was a wet lettuce and Tino just bashed the NSW forwards.

Gazzamatta

Coach
I would take neither.

Haas is a Gallen super-coach stat padder.

What games does he actually influence to justify that money

NSW didn't miss him in Game 3 last year.

When has he stood out and dominated an origin game.

Tino and haas had a push and shove one year in an origin.

The following game Haas was a wet lettuce and Tino just bashed the NSW forwards.
You need to run for the board KG. Seriously you should consider it. Take Hindy111 with you.

Latest posts