What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The rebuilding phase

Stagger eel

Staff member
I am going to have a guess and Say Garlick will be 14 at best..

Would not pin my hopes on him starting at hooker in 25

you'd be worried if he was to start, it's pretty much where we're at now with Hands, thankfully Boods is getting some game time and another pre season under his belt could see him as a starter by March next year?

Delboy

First Grade
you'd be worried if he was to start, it's pretty much where we're at now with Hands, thankfully Boods is getting some game time and another pre season under his belt could see him as a starter by March next year?
True enough, but Garlick carved us up when we played the Storm, perhaps that’s not a true guide

King-Gutho94

Coach
I just hope we sign him to a 4 year with PO’s and MO’s to keep his price down, it’s what the smart clubs do.
Were ahead of the curve no wonder the Panthers and the Storm always lose quality players and have SFA success once they leave because they weren't smart enough to offer a PO in the contracts.

King-Gutho94

Coach
Incoming Parramatta Eels coach Jason Ryles has a monumental task on his hands in 2025 as he looks to return the famous club to the promised land of finals and breaking the premiership drought.

With the club winning its last Premiership in 1986, Ryles’ chances at ending the drought are very dependent on the club solving its salary cap crisis and securing the long-term future of its young stars.

Along with some of the uncertain future, Ryles also has to weigh up a positional change for club captain Clint Gutherson who has been rumoured with a move to the centres.

The Sydney Morning Herald's Adrian Proszenko discussed the future of one of the club’s future stars, Matt Arthur and how his decision to stay or go could affect the remainder of the squad.

“There’s really high hopes for Matt Arthur, he starred in the junior Origin game,” Proszenko said on SEN 1170 NRL Crunch Time.

“The word is he probably wants to leave, given that his dad has just left, I think he’s got a new agent who is looking at opportunities.

“He’s obviously contracted for the next little bit but whether or not that sort of becomes untenable.

“Where Gutho ends up probably depends on what players you can put around him.”

With SEN’s Scott Sattler suggesting that Gutherson should make the transition to lock, Parramatta legend Tim Mannah admitted he is a fan of the proposed move. Mannah: “I haven’t heard anyone say Gutho at 13, but the more it kind of sinks the more it makes sense.

“He’s definitely tough and he’s fit enough but the only thing that caught me off guard is if you ask any back how they felt about going to the middle of the field, they get very nervous.”

Sattler: “He can defend on an edge next to one of the halves, he can work down short sides, he can work down short sides and pick on players down the middle of the field.

“I think he’ll be a really good 13 at the backend of his career.”

Mannah: “He’s a competitor, so if you can find a place for him in the team they’re better a team with him.”

“I’m a big fan of Blaize Talagi I think he’s going to have a huge career but like we said we don’t know if he’s staying or going.

“The Dylan Brown topic, I’ve never seen a deal like that in my life, where you have a player with (three separate player options).

“The club has 21 players coming off contract in the next six months… it’s great for Ryles but the reality is BA was signed for the next two years, so that wasn’t part of the plan, they didn’t intentionally try to get 20 players off contract for Ryles.

“It’s worked out well but the list management needs to be looked at and how they can be better at making sure that they don’t expose themselves going forward.”

Noise

Coach
Sorry, you're making assumptions. An mutual option is what it is. It can be vanilla or be quite complex. Again, you can't assume that they are all the same.

View attachment 91085

In this Jack Bird option, both parties have to agree or it's off.

In fact this article suggests the purpose of a MO is to just keep them off the market until later in the year. So instead of him being a free agent on Nov in his penultimate year, it is deferred until mid year in his final year.

This one however Bulla has a contract value trigger to the MO.

This article explores Gagai's MO and says that Gagai is taking a risk, because his 1 years contract with a MO, puts him off contract after a year.

Let’s see if a broken down Dunster is here next year. I reckon he will be because he will have no other options and he will exercise his option.

Gronk

Staff member
Club should either sign Boods up now for another 3 seasons if they are planning on turning him into our 9 or let him go and develop Smith...
Would you sign if you were him ? How much are you offering ?

Gronk

Staff member
If i could like this post 11 times one for each year BA spent as coach i would.

He probably pocketed close to 10 million bucks off the club across those 11 years he was given a fair and reasonable go.

He was given a lot longer then some other coaches may have got at other clubs.
A lot of clubs would pay half that for a chance to play in a single GF I reckon.