What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

State Of Origin 2019

Beavers Headgear

First Grade
Looking forward to it but 10.20pm kickoff makes it extremely tough these days

Get back to the 9.30pm kickoff, no doubt this seasons buildup will consist of half an hour up Ponga’s arse, then moving onto Tedesco and Mitchell

BLN2

Juniors
Anyone else think both teams look a little "meh" this year? NSW Forward pack looks the goods IMO, where as QLD's looks really average.. Players lift for origin, so will be a good game regardless.

Burns

First Grade
Anyone else think both teams look a little "meh" this year? NSW Forward pack looks the goods IMO, where as QLD's looks really average.. Players lift for origin, so will be a good game regardless.
Think this is the new norm tbh. Coincides with the number of Pacific Islanders, Kiwis and English players in the comp.

f**k me, should kick off at 7.30
To much shit, why do we need to hear Billy Slater and Paul Gallen going on about pregame from previous years.

It's a school night for kids, could be ok bed at 9.30, all the build up makes it 10.30.

And you poor bastards in NZ.

Pretty average game of football, plenty of mistakes, average kicking games.
Cook and Tedesco are playing great.
Ponga quite.

Keep talking it up Nine, it was a great half of Origin.

Blair

Coach
I fell asleep at half-time. I obviously missed the best half then.

18-14 to Qld.

Blair

Coach
f**k me, should kick off at 7.30
To much shit, why do we need to hear Billy Slater and Paul Gallen going on about pregame from previous years.

It's a school night for kids, could be ok bed at 9.30, all the build up makes it 10.30.

And you poor bastards in NZ.

The whole pre-game was pretty unbearable. You have to be in some kind of mood for that, I wasn't.

It's over-hyped and we've known that for years.

jaseg

Juniors
Watching Freddie's interchange work made me think of peak Kearney madness.

* Left Crichton on while QLD went on a rampage (and Ponga finally got into the game attacking that edge), Frizell ended up playing about 30 minutes only... possibly their best forward, totally underused.
* Klemmer had one giant stint and then gone for the last ~25 minutes.
* Hooked Walker for Wighton, who promptly made back to back f**kups, got away with the first but then gifted Gagai his try with the second.. Walker was the only half actually doing something, came back on at the death and set up the NSW try.

Meth

Staff member
Game 2- For QLD, I'd just bring in Segeyaro for Mbye. Hunt is not good enough to be hooker for 80.

NSW are going to need to make some changes.

Meth

Staff member
Mitchell had a nightmare. Tedesco was NSW's best, but also made some key errors. Both of these guys will be better for game 2.

Halves are an issue. Obviously, they were planning on Keary. I think they should either bring back Maloney to partner with Cleary or Reynolds to partner with Walker and Cook.

Be interesting to see the extent of Frizell's injury. If he isn't fit, they'll need to replace him with a prop. Otherwise, Crighton will need to go- maybe Jordan McClean or Matthew Lodge.

Fitler's use of the bench was their biggest issue.

Beavers Headgear

First Grade
Walker was horrific, seemed that he carried his anthem protest through to the game and decided not to play, I couldn’t pick him again. Reynolds now gone for 3-6 weeks with a back fracture and Keary gone for 6, so they either go back to Maloney or look at the form player of the comp, Pearce

Tom T will be a big addition and Morris played well enough to keep his spot so probably on Cotrics wing

Bench use was poor, Crichton was very lucky to make the side in the first place and saw too many minutes, Jake T didn’t see enough, he can play 80 easily and was taken off after a big opening 20

At the end of the day though, if one side gets all that possession and territory in the 2nd half and the refs leave the whistle in the pocket allowing them to pin the other side, they should always win

Latest posts