What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

State of Origin

denis preston

First Grade
Why take the kick for goal when they already won the series just trying to level up
should’ve gone for it
He was 50 to 1 to kick it that far
In saying that our attack spluttered all night
Tedesco Seems to be propping and stopping to much
needs to hit the Excelerator pedal more like he used to d
Shades of Gallen "give me the ball, give me the ball !

BIG RIG

Juniors
QLD were the better team with Ben Hunt playing absolutely outstanding

Gerard Sutton was bloody piss poor with his refereeing

Freddy imo should have gone with Walker and Reynolds in the halves over Moses and Wighton

Francis Molo showed some really good go forward and should be a solid buy from next year

Overseas dragon

Juniors
Maybe NSW players read all the newspapers and believed everything that they read .plus Queensland were way better in this game than the first two the additional threat from ponga and dare I say a guy called HUNT who wasn't there in the other games well if you take off your blue eyes its easy to see why ......GO THE BIG RED V.......

redandwhite4evr

Juniors

Freddy imo should have gone with Walker and Reynolds in the halves over Moses and Wighton

Francis Molo showed some really good go forward and should be a solid buy from next year

And..as well as Hunt played at No 9, imo, he would have been even better if he'd played half. DCE put in one good kick but otherwise had a forgettable night. On that form, I'm optimistic that Hunt will have a comfortable points victory over DCE tomorrow night - if they both play.

redandwhite4evr

Juniors

And..as well as Hunt played at No 9, imo, he would have been even better if he'd played half. DCE put in one good kick but otherwise had a forgettable night. On that form, I'm optimistic that Hunt will have a comfortable points victory over DCE - if they both play.
I'd really like SOO to be held two weeks after the Grand Final each year. I believe that for those players involved, the idea of backing up after SOO is not good for their health and for the Club's that lose players to SOO it is very disruptive and sometimes very costly - when injuries occur or fatigue sets in.
A number of problems with that Possm- chief among them poor ratings and players unavailable due to lingering injuries needing end of season surgery etc. Rothfield had a complex idea about scheduling international football on the weekends impacted by the mid week Origin games- not sure how that would work but a thinktank is needed to discuss it and other mid season options.

Old Timer

Coach
Why does it have to be compulsory for SOO to be 3 matches? (Other than financial of course)

You only need to play 3 if it is 1 all after 2

So schedule SOO 1 after 8 rounds, SOO 2 after 16 rounds and if need be SOO 3 within 2 weeks after the GF.

Much less impact on clubs and players and if SOO is all it is cracked up to be by the media and players then the final game when necessary to decide the rubber should still hold the public’s attention.

If it can’t hold / demand the public’s attention then a complete rethink by the NRL is required

FlameThrower

Bench

It was obvious from the get go - NSW looked disorganised and we just could not get on a roll. QLD received a few leg up referring decisions, but NSW also took some poor options in attack? A Reynolds/ Walker combo would have been the way to go as you already had Lattrel there.
Finally the Shield should be awarded after the series is won. The presentation last night after a loss after winning the series was stupid.

Dragonslayer

First Grade
Why does it have to be compulsory for SOO to be 3 matches? (Other than financial of course)

You only need to play 3 if it is 1 all after 2

So schedule SOO 1 after 8 rounds, SOO 2 after 16 rounds and if need be SOO 3 within 2 weeks after the GF.

Much less impact on clubs and players and if SOO is all it is cracked up to be by the media and players then the final game when necessary to decide the rubber should still hold the public’s attention.

If it can’t hold / demand the public’s attention then a complete rethink by the NRL is required

I think your aswer OT is in your first paragraph ie, financial.

If i remember correctly the game was going to be played in Newcastle avoiding the COVID 'bubble' for crowd involvement, then came the news no crowds allowed, so they moved it to where crowds could attend ie QLD. Crowds = income. Income thst is budgetted in the NRL's 'profit' for the year. Without it, things like salary caps may have to he reduced etc. It's also the reason a 'dead rubber' is played. Crowds = income

Tbh, SOO lost it's appeal to me a fair while ago, when it became more about the spectacle rather than the state v state, mate v mate. Yes, i still watch it, as its entertainment value is relatively higher than the 300th rerun of sone dud movie.

kit66

Bench
Tariq played very strongly and Hunt was the difference for Qld. NSW lost thanks to Wighton hogging the ball and not passing to his backs on the left on 4 -5 occasions when we were a chance out there. Ref also let Qld lay on the tackled player forever - Munster could have been pinged for it all game, the grubby little cheat.

redandwhite4evr

Juniors
It was obvious from the get go - NSW looked disorganised and we just could not get on a roll. QLD received a few leg up referring decisions, but NSW also took some poor options in attack? A Reynolds/ Walker combo would have been the way to go as you already had Lattrel there.
Finally the Shield should be awarded after the series is won. The presentation last night after a loss after winning the series was stupid.
Talk about the Clayton's series win- I can only hope that when lockdown is lifted, there can be some opportunity for NSW fans to publicly enjoy the moment with the players

Mjab

Juniors
Not going with the Souths halves lost us the game IMO
both NSW halves very disappointing overall
Poor call by Freddie and his team

Moses not SOO standard and possibly never
Wighton sadly out of form and kicking game poor (2 seven tackle sets very poor)

BLM01

First Grade
Dont f
I think your aswer OT is in your first paragraph ie, financial.

If i remember correctly the game was going to be played in Newcastle avoiding the COVID 'bubble' for crowd involvement, then came the news no crowds allowed, so they moved it to where crowds could attend ie QLD. Crowds = income. Income thst is budgetted in the NRL's 'profit' for the year. Without it, things like salary caps may have to he reduced etc. It's also the reason a 'dead rubber' is played. Crowds = income

Tbh, SOO lost it's appeal to me a fair while ago, when it became more about the spectacle rather than the state v state, mate v mate. Yes, i still watch it, as its entertainment value is relatively higher than the 300th rerun of sone dud movie.
Dont forget it is also what the TV rights pay for. 3 games to be shown and their hit is massive out of it.