What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Stating the obvious re Hindy

zuke

Juniors
Eels dude - I have to say it, Hindmarsh was back to his best last night. Good to see.
But I also thought Galavuo and Reddy were absolutely brilliant. Also credit to Guru for some good runs and no dropped balls. Fui never stopped going forward.

Ike E Bear

Juniors
Wright was bloody good considering he wasn't on the field that long. Even Lowrie turned in an "A" performance.

A lot of good players for the Eels last night ... just none wearing 6 or 7.

El Diablo

Post Whore
http://www.news.com.au/heraldsun/sport/nrl/story/0,27074,25220840-14823,00.html

Hindmarsh tackling the past

By Chris Wilson | March 22, 2009 12:00am

PARRAMATTA Eels powerhouse Nathan Hindmarsh said the humiliation of last year's under-achieving season had forced an attitude shift at the Eels.

As Parramatta legend Ray Price praised new coach Daniel Anderson for injecting defensive grit at the club, Hindmarsh said the players had resolved to be tougher in 2009.

Hindmarsh, who has made 103 tackles in the first two rounds, said the Eels had their "pants pulled down'' by missing the finals last year.

"I think we're a fitter team under Ando. But I think we embarrassed ourselves a fair bit last year, so I don't think it mattered what coach we had, we would have tried to be a different team anyway,'' Hindmarsh said.

"We didn't live up to expectations last year, we weren't there physically and mentally.

"We weren't the team we were supposed to be and we got our pants pulled down several times.

"We were a bit complacent. We had a reasonably good season the year before and I think a lot of us just expected it to happen again and we weren't willing to grind out the tough games.''

The Eels did that on Friday night against South Sydney in their 14-8 win.

Having scored nine tries in their round-one romp over the Roosters, the Rabbitohs were restricted to one against the Eels - and that was from a bomb.

"That's the type of win you like to have, it just shows we can hold in there and win the tough games,'' Hindmarsh said.

Price was particularly proud of the way the Eels won.

"If they're going to do anything this year that's what it's going to boil down to, they're going to have to tough out a lot of games,'' Price said.

"The passion and pride, they've got to get that back in their defence. I noticed it at the first training run I went to, the attitude has changed.''

When told of Hindmarsh's 103 tackles in the first two rounds, Price responded by saying that was "too many''.

"Don't get me wrong, he's a great defensive player but he's also a great running player. The other forwards have got to take some of that load off him.''

On Anderson's advice and in a bid to push his claims for a recall to representative football, Hindmarsh had been planning to cut back his defensive workload.

"Promises, promises,'' he laughed.

"I don't know, it just bloody happens, doesn't it. If they're close enough, I'm going to tackle them.''

Hindmarsh said he still had more work to do on the quality of his defence.

"A few instances this week I wasn't effective,'' he said.

"Any Joe Blow can make a tackle, but if you don't get up at marker you're letting your side down.''

no stopping him. he'll always be a tackling machine

Eels Dude

Coach
Hindy's a legend... and a funny bugger too. Love the this quote "I don't know, it just bloody happens, doesn't it. If they're close enough, I'm going to tackle them.'' That's a genuine footy player for you.

Who was that bloke who started a thread in this forum only the other day saying we should get rid of him in order to sign other players?

Fee

Juniors
Hindy's a legend... and a funny bugger too. Love the this quote "I don't know, it just bloody happens, doesn't it. If they're close enough, I'm going to tackle them.'' That's a genuine footy player for you.

Who was that bloke who started a thread in this forum only the other day saying we should get rid of him in order to sign other players?

Whoever he was he should stick to his day-job and let Anderson deal with the comings and goings of our players. Get rid of Hindy, as if . Some people have no idea!:?:?

Eelementary

Post Whore
I don't think his running is as bad as people think. More often that not he runs up the middle and runs into 3 or 4 defenders, and even then they can't always manage to put him down due to his strength.

Hindmarsh is a legend.