What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Stats & facts Round 14 NRL

footyfollower

Juniors
Hi All

Hope you find this of interest. Let me know what you think.

Storm v Wests Tigers @ Aami Park
STORM – IN: Blair, Kelly & Greenfield OUT: Slater, Smith & Cronk
TIGERS – IN: Humble & Ayshford OUT: Farah & 1 to be omitted
· Benji has booted 27 from his last 30.
· The Tigers are on the hunt for their 7th straight victory.
· The Tigers have only covered the points start at the line twice of their 9 attempts.
· 5 Times the last decade the team leading at the half way mark of the comp has failed to make the grand final.
· The Storm has conceded just 26 Tries this year which is the best in the comp. Their attack is pretty handy too averaging 29.3 points per game which is their most ever in club history.
· The Tigers have never won in Melbourne, 0 from 9 but they come into this with good away from home form having won their past 4 on the road.
· Last Meeting – Melbourne 12-4 @ Leichhardt Oval 2011
Knights v Raiders @ Hunter Stadium
KNIGHTS – IN: Mata’utai, Gagai, Tahu & Taia OUT: Boyd, Sau, Uate & Fa’aoso
RAIDERS – IN: McIlwrick & Harrison OUT: Berrigan & Shillington
· Despite his side in 2nd last position, Jarrod Croker is the competitions leading point scorer this year having scored 92 of Canberra’s 217 points (42%)
· The Raiders have only won once since losing Terry Campese to injury back in round 7. Meanwhile their opponents Newcastle have lost their last 4 on the trot.
· Canberra has conceded 30 points or more in 5 of their last 6 matches.
· The Knights have started well in their games this year being first to score via a try in 9 of their 12 games.
· Newcastle have won 9 of the past 10 between the pair at Hunter Stadium.
· The Knights might not be converting it into tries but they have made the most line breaks of all clubs through the middle third of the field.
· The Raiders have been a bogey side for Wayne Bennett he hasn’t defeated them since 2008.
· Last Meeting – Knights 40-8 @ Hunter Stadium 2011

Sharks v Titans @ Toyota Stadium
SHARKS – IN: Townsend & Green OUT: Gallen & Carney
TITANS – IN: Lawrence, Henderson, James & Michaels OUT: Bailey, Myles, Harrison & Bird
· The Titans are looking for their 4th straight win
· 4 of the 5 Gold Coast wins this year have been away from home.
· The Sharks have hit the wall a little having won just 1 of their last 4 games.
· Colin Best celebrates game 250.
· The have claimed just 1 win form 4 attempts at Toyota Stadium.
· Last Meeting – Gold Coast 20-16 @ Toyota Stadium 2011
Roosters v Broncos @ Allianz
ROOSTERS – IN: Adam Henry (Debut) & Leilua OUT: Tagive & Pearce
BRONCOS – IN: Lachlan Maranta (Debut), Anderson, Teo, Slyney & Lui OUT: Hodges, Thaiday, Hannant, Civoniceva & Gillette
· The Broncos have covered the line 8 of 10 times this year when they have had to concede a points start at the line.
· The Broncos have won 5 of the last 6 against the Roosters @ Allianz.
· The Roosters are the worst in the comp at defusing crossfield kicks (37%) and that will play right into the hands of Peter Wallace who uses the cross field kick as one of his pet plays.
· Last Meeting – Brisbane 26-6 @ Bluetongue Stadium
Panthers v Warriors @ Penrith
PANTHERS – IN: Robinson & Armit OUT: Lewis & Grant
WARRIORS – IN: Locke OUT: Fisiiahi
DRAGONS: OUT: IN: Nathan Fien
· The Warriors have won the last 2 at Penrith.
· The Warriors barring Locke have a virtually unchanged outfit and lose no one to State Of Origin. The Panthers have a large chunk of their cap out of action due to injury or Origin, Lewis, Grant, Jennings and Gordon.
· Last Meeting – Warriors 26-12 @ Penrith Stadium

Hutty1986

Immortal
Of course Wayno's got a Canberra hoodoo.. he's been at the saints for the past 3 years!

Earl

Coach
If you name a 17 man team one week and a 20 man team the next, your gunna have more ins than outs.

carlosthedwarf

First Grade
The Roosters are the worst in the comp at defusing crossfield kicks (37%) and that will play right into the hands of Peter Wallace who uses the cross field kick as one of his pet plays.

Would love to get my hands on more stats like this, top stuff. I find the statistical analysis of the game lacking (outside fantasy points).

beave

Coach
This round is not really floating my boat, some rubbish games coming up me thinks.

madunit

Super Moderator
Staff member
Here's a stat.

Tim Moltzen averages 4mm per leap when contesting/fielding bombs.

Adam Blair averages a 22 min sleep during every game

betcats

Referee
I always find it strange in the AFL when they have 4 players IN but only 1 player OUT.

Weird.

Like the game...

I think the "huh?" was more to do with the dragons ins and outs being under the Warriors and Panthers game, the Dragons have the bye this week.

@OP, Nice post.

madunit

Super Moderator
Staff member
[FKN-SIK];8397894 said:
Nathan Fien has been named to play the bye, just in case it goes into extra time, Dragons want to have someone out there who might be able to score a point.

Rhino_NQ

Immortal
Should include avg failed no look passes from benji and mistakes leading directly to points from manu per game.

Good effort dude`

user_nat

Coach
Would love to get my hands on more stats like this, top stuff. I find the statistical analysis of the game lacking (outside fantasy points).

This particular stat was in the NRL.com match preview. They'll often have similar stats in these previews.

I suspect most of these stats are from there. Good to have them all compiled in one place anyhow.

carlosthedwarf

First Grade
This particular stat was in the NRL.com match preview. They'll often have similar stats in these previews.

I suspect most of these stats are from there. Good to have them all compiled in one place anyhow.

Shame the stats aren't more readily available then, would be great to see how teams rank in these things.