What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Stefano Utoikamanu

Wizardman

First Grade
$800k has proven to be overs for Stef. I don’t think he was ever seriously considering saints or raiders, too much of a sideways move. If he’s leaving it’s for East’s/penrith. Still think Penrith were moving on May to make room for him.
I didn't think he'd go to Saints and I doubt he'll go to the Raiders as well. I agree while it looks a sideways move to go to Canberra, they are offering more and they seem to have a future plan in place.....although, it doesn't look a foolproof plan.

I think the Storm are certainly a danger and may take less to go there. Leaving Sydney could also be a factor against him going there. I doubt Easts will take a bite......Easts front-row stocks look pretty damn good and have much more pressing needs in the backline. If Penrith raised their hand and offered less, that could also be a danger.

I think it will be Storm, Penrith or us as third drop.

Tiger Ted

Bench
I didn't think he'd go to Saints and I doubt he'll go to the Raiders as well. I agree while it looks a sideways move to go to Canberra, they are offering more and they seem to have a future plan in place.....although, it doesn't look a foolproof plan.

I think the Storm are certainly a danger and may take less to go there. Leaving Sydney could also be a factor against him going there. I doubt Easts will take a bite......Easts front-row stocks look pretty damn good and have much more pressing needs in the backline. If Penrith raised their hand and offered less, that could also be a danger.

Can’t rule out the smoke & mirrors serial bullshitting dogs

Nutz

Bench

I reckon the Sharks could give us Hunt and some cash for the Ute.
Having the Ute partner AFB would make their pack bigger which is why, imo, the Sharks are struggling a bit atm.
I really believe Hunt has it in him. He's tough but not being managed properly.
Come over to us Hunty....the WT are great for managing players careers :)

Wizardman

First Grade
Pole and Fainu are embarrassing a few.
Yep, those two are the real future and are not making Primadonna type noises. I strongly believe these clauses around Stefano have done him the greatest disservice to his career. They have actually given the man an incentive to NOT perform at a crucial time in his development as a player. He played bloody well for the first month this year....form that would have been worthy of the price tag he was asking for. Since then, he has been off the mark.
Tonight was basically his audition for one of the best coaches of all time. After that, they would definitely be cautious about chucking the kitchen sink at him for his signature.
I think missing him would be dodging a bullet

Nutz

Bench
Yep, those two are the real future and are not making Primadonna type noises. I strongly believe these clauses around Stefano have done him the greatest disservice to his career. They have actually given the man an incentive to NOT perform at a crucial time in his development as a player. He played bloody well for the first month this year....form that would have been worthy of the price tag he was asking for. Since then, he has been off the mark.
Tonight was basically his audition for one of the best coaches of all time. After that, they would definitely be cautious about chucking the kitchen sink at him for his signature.
I think missing him would be dodging a bullet
Yes WM I 100% agree with all that.
Stupid dumb clauses.
When he was injured and was wasting our cap whilst we nursed him back to health and some good early form, where does that clause then sit with us.
If we knew this was going to happen then he could have painted sidelines instead of being looked after.
If everything is true about what is being said by him and his management we should up the ante now and put pressure on other clubs to pay overs or pull out and sign other players... then we renig back to our original offer.
I don't know if it's legal but who knows these days with whacky contracts.
Rename the cooling off period the heating up period.

Nutz

Bench
I don't like Nelson as an option. I only like Nelson as a cheap option. He is inconsistent.
It's a no for me too. No more super top ups please, he's getting on and injury prone, missed most of the game tonight.
We need Miller to take some angry pills and get superfit over the off season.
If he can convert 20kg of his fat into muscle he'd still be a 115kg wrecking ball.
Get him smashing into retired jockeys to boost his ego and confidence.

Tigerm

First Grade

Another one uninterested apparently, not sure about what his thoughts on Parra is about?
At least we are looking on the up, not sure about Parra?
We should give him an expiry date for our offer.

Last edited:

Wizardman

First Grade

Another one uninterested apparently, not sure about whiskey thoughts on Parra is about?
Considering his history with Parra, that is a very odd call. A bit of a slap in the face to us if he goes back there. That Parra cap to me looks to be very much in trouble with a lot on overs. He would certainly have to take unders to go back there.
I very much hope he goes.

Last edited:

DJDL

Bench
I reckon the Sharks could give us Hunt and some cash for the Ute.

The only way that is going to happen is if it's a straight swap and we both keep paying the freight we are now.
i.e. You guys can chip in whatever Royce is on towards Stefano's contract.
Stef is not worth anywhere near the money being thrown around.
But keep your hands off Royce.

Having the Ute partner AFB would make their pack bigger which is why, imo, the Sharks are struggling a bit atm.

You're right.
Our other big, mean hombre, BHU, has managed 112 minutes of football this year.
It's killing us.
Royce is better, IMHO, but has been trained to only play 10 minute bursts and is not up to being the corner stone of the pack.
And anyway, keep your hands off Royce.

I really believe Hunt has it in him. He's tough but not being managed properly.

Again, agreed.
Over the offseason they reshaped his body for short bursts of impact.
It's criminal. They should have been looking to get the impact out of him over a longer period IMHO.
And again, keep your hands off Royce.

Come over to us Hunty....the WT are great for managing players careers :)

Did I mention? Keep your hands off Royce!!

Nutz

Bench
The only way that is going to happen is if it's a straight swap and we both keep paying the freight we are now.
i.e. You guys can chip in whatever Royce is on towards Stefano's contract.
Stef is not worth anywhere near the money being thrown around.
But keep your hands off Royce.

You're right.
Our other big, mean hombre, BHU, has managed 112 minutes of football this year.
It's killing us.
Royce is better, IMHO, but has been trained to only play 10 minute bursts and is not up to being the corner stone of the pack.
And anyway, keep your hands off Royce.

Again, agreed.
Over the offseason they reshaped his body for short bursts of impact.
It's criminal. They should have been looking to get the impact out of him over a longer period IMHO.
And again, keep your hands off Royce.

Did I mention? Keep your hands off Royce!!
Apparently it's a done deal, Hunt and Stefano are swapping sooner than what people think plus the Tigers are picking up around 150k to bridge the gap.
I'm rapt in that.

DJDL

Bench
Apparently it's a done deal, Hunt and Stefano are swapping sooner than what people think plus the Tigers are picking up around 150k to bridge the gap.
I'm rapt in that.

I don't think so.
Firstly, the Sharks don't have that kind of money to spend.
Secondly, Stef is choosing not to take up an option for next year and beyond.
The Tigers are under no obligation to chip in anything.

Nutz

Bench
I don't think so.
Firstly, the Sharks don't have that kind of money to spend.
Secondly, Stef is choosing not to take up an option for next year and beyond.
The Tigers are under no obligation to chip in anything.
Sleep well Sharky. Goodnight ;)

simmo05

Bench

Another one uninterested apparently, not sure about what his thoughts on Parra is about?
If this is how he plays when he is fishing for a contract, I don't want him playing for us at all. Shit player, shit attitude, shit human hope the club pulls their offer permanently. Good riddance