What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Stephen Kearney Learns From Craig Bellamy - How To Win

Iron Lion

Juniors
In an effort to improve the New Zealand Warriors Cameron George sent Stephen Kearney to the Melbourne Storm to once again study under Craig Bellamy in the art of winning.

After his first day at the Storm headquarters. Cameron George was really worried after he called him .......he had anxiously asked him how his day went.

'Well, I learned how to set defensive lines, I learned the art of bench substitutions, and I had hardcore unprotected sex because that's how winners celebrate.'

Cameron George was horrified ''What! How dare you! Wait to Mark Robinson Owner of Autex hears about this. We are not paying you to have unprotected sex, you're there to learn how to win! Wait until you get back to Auckland!'

Stephen Kearney the next day boards his flight back to Auckland for a face to face meeting with Warriors owner 'Autex CEO Mark Robinson.

Cameron George tells Mark Robinson 'I'm absolutely disgusted with Stephen. He said he learned how to set defensive lines, he learned the art of bench substitutions, and he had hardcore unprotected sex because that's how winners celebrate.' ......that's my boy' thinks Mark Robinson 'finally he understands kill or be killed, win at all costs, take what's yours, this storm training trip was worth every dollar we spent'.

Mark Robinson calls Stephen Kearney into his office. 'Don't worry about Cameron George. he's a bit upset, but it sounds to me like you have learned how winners think and win. In fact, I'm so pleased..... you know that $11,000 luxury Versace office chair I said I was going to buy you if you made the finals this year....., I think I'll get it for you this weekend.'

'Oh no, Mark, don't' Stephen immediately shouts out......... 'I don't think I'll be able to sit down for a while.'

Rich102

Staff member
Yep. I am afraid the only thing left to deal with the Warriors is humour.
Don't hear too much from Cameron George lately.

Where do we get these chumps from?

Iron Lion

Juniors
Yep. I am afraid the only thing left to deal with the Warriors is humour.
Don't hear too much from Cameron George lately.

Where do we get these chumps from?

If you can't laugh what is left. Most fans would walk out the door I guess.

There has been absolutely nothing from Cameron George. He has fair-done a runner.

The warriors are just a walking joke. They present a professional enterprise but their PR work is tragic.

They never address in public what the fans really feel. And that builds apathy to their brand.

I work in the sales and copywriting (direct response so to say) and the biggest rule is to always acknowledge what your customer is thinking in their head.

Raise the objections they already think before they do. If you don't then the customer/prospect will suffer severe inertia and likely not buy from you.

So think logically and emotionally about it.
What do the Warriors fans truly think?

Have the warriors even addressed it?

If the answer is 'no' then you will see

• decreased ticket sales,
  • decreased sky viewing numbers
  • decreased jersey and merchandise sales
  • decreased corporate sponsors aligning with them - especially on tv
  • decreased forum posters
  • decreased care factor on news networks
I'm astounded this is a multi-million dollar organisation and nobody is helping them manipulate the opinions of their audience. Did they not learn anything from Labour getting elected!

Blair

Coach
George and Smith did a walkaround of the SCG yesterday, I presumed they were just 'getting a feel' for the general vibe, Warriors away and at a historic venue.

I was up a few seats but I wish I'd been down at the fence, as originally planned, as I would've engaged with them, told them a few home truths, one being the fact I was only at this game because I'd felt guilty about not being at any other game this year, and the unique venue was also a motivator.

I didn't enjoy the experience and left fifteen minutes into the second-half which is, previously, unheard of for me.

I got bored. I did take a few pictures, which I'll upload soon.

ZEROMISSTACKLES

First Grade
200.webp

Beavers Headgear

First Grade
Speaking of George they’ve had him on radio sport this morning, I only caught very small bits and pieces of it, but heard something along the lines of a couple of announcements coming that will show they are committed to winning, and he got stuck into the players a bit for underperforming and Kearney copping it for that

Big Marn

Juniors
yeh, i missed the interview but Pine was saying George was complaining about having no depth so they couldnt drop players even if they wanted to. Well thats just BS when you have guys come in like Sao that did well when given a chance. But never gets rewarded for playing well by being picked the following week.
George is just making shit up now. Lost all credibility with me, not that he had much to begin with.
Management could be run better by the local Workingmans Club imo.

Reactions: JJ

JJ

Immortal
yeh, i missed the interview but Pine was saying George was complaining about having no depth so they couldnt drop players even if they wanted to. Well thats just BS when you have guys come in like Sao that did well when given a chance. But never gets rewarded for playing well by being picked the following week.
George is just making shit up now. Lost all credibility with me, not that he had much to begin with.
Management could be run better by the local Workingmans Club imo.
Yeah, that's just BS - if there's no depth then why the f**k release so many players - how does Kata go from undroppable to unwanted, is Herbert on the same path, in recent years Sipley, Sao, Satae, and others have not been given a chance while Blair gets to stink it up each week and take home a fortune

Now they're treating CHT weirdly - surely they've learned from their part in bungling the careers of Lolohea, Hingano, and Lino ... nope...

They're f**king useless

spear tackle

Juniors
Speaking of George they’ve had him on radio sport this morning, I only caught very small bits and pieces of it, but heard something along the lines of a couple of announcements coming that will show they are committed to winning, and he got stuck into the players a bit for underperforming and Kearney copping it for that

Yes I heard that as well this morning and thought on one hand the announcements could be good for a laugh and on the other WTF?