What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Sterlings agenda

Wally21

Bench
I'm wondering what sort of agenda Sterling has in regards to his continued push for Gordon to be picked over Hayne at fullback for SOO? He has mentioned it a couple of times already in tonights coverage. Gordon is obviously a good player, but I don't think he will strike fear into QLDer hearts. Watching tonights game, Gordon's positional play is not exactly Slater like by any stretch, considering it is supposed to be one of his strengths

BTW, I wish Kevvy Kingston was still wearing Blue & Gold...

hineyrulz

Post Whore
Gordon has been great this year, and should be in the side somewhere. Hayne has been the Blues best player for 4 seasons and yet is on the outer, Amazing if true. Idris is a fat overhyped myth but somehow will be picked. No wonder we are looking at being down the barrell of 6 straight series.

Wally21

Bench
Gordon has been great this year, and should be in the side somewhere. Hayne has been the Blues best player for 4 seasons and yet is on the outer, Amazing if true. Idris is a fat overhyped myth but somehow will be picked. No wonder we are looking at being down the barrell of 6 straight series.

Agree on Idris. Overated. Goes missing for 30 minutes a game. In terms of Gordon, he might be going well this year, but his defence from what Ive seen tonight is not as good as Ive been led to believe.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
Sterlo might be trying to fire Hayne up. He's still an Eels fan.

Don't forget how well Hayne went last year after Anderson put shit on him in that post-game presser.

Wally21

Bench
Sterlo might be trying to fire Hayne up. He's still an Eels fan.

Don't forget how well Hayne went last year after Anderson put shit on him in that post-game presser.

Good point re Anderson firing Hayne up last year. I'd forgotten that. I think we all agree Hayne is not in peak form, but he has to be picked, end of story.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
I think we all agree Hayne is not in peak form, but he has to be picked, end of story.

I definitely agree Hayne should be picked, but I don't think Origin teams should be picked on form.

They should be picked on ability, because everyone plays their best in Origin, no matter how bad they're going at club level. Obviously they need to be fit though.

Wally21

Bench
57th minute, seems like a good call from sterlo now,

pressure on hayne to fire now

Hmmm, yep, Gordon turned it on there. But I agree with PouPou, teams should be picked on ability not form. I would play Gordon on the wing instead of Morris, whois massively overrated.

boxhead

First Grade
Well, if you are going off form you have to pick Gordon at fullback. But going off a number of factors, you have to select Hayne. I just think that Hayne is a shadow of himself at the moment, and frankly, Gordon has been unbelievable since moving to the number 1 at the end of last year.
Based on this year's form and the end of last year's, and people forget he makes and scores those kind of tries pretty frequently (at least from what you might expect), he is far ahead of Dugan and Hayne at the moment.
Of course though, we have to take the lesson from QLD.

If Gordon isn't picked for NSW though it will be a travesty.

Bazal

Post Whore
Agenda? Picking the most in form player, I presume...Gordon has been way better than either Hayne or Dugan. He was outstanding tonight. How good is it watching a fullback who actually returns the footy?

hineyrulz

Post Whore
Gordon picked up a pretty serious injury i think, he looks like he'll miss at least Origin I.

Eelementary

Post Whore

Couldn't agree more re: Idris. I just cannot see it either.

Agree on Idris. Overated. Goes missing for 30 minutes a game. In terms of Gordon, he might be going well this year, but his defence from what Ive seen tonight is not as good as Ive been led to believe.

IMO the kid is a gun.

mickdo

Coach
They should be picked on ability, because everyone plays their best in Origin, no matter how bad they're going at club level. Obviously they need to be fit though.

Agree totally. How an X-factor Origin experienced player like Hayne could be dropped is beyond belief.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
IMO the kid is a gun.

True. Idris is an absolute freak.

Still not a smart defensive player but his physical qualities make up for it. He could go down as one of the all-time greats if he keeps developing because physically there's never been a player like him.

Eelementary

Post Whore
True. Idris is an absolute freak.

Still not a smart defensive player but his physical qualities make up for it. He could go down as one of the all-time greats if he keeps developing because physically there's never been a player like him.

Absolutely.

I see that he "goes missing" at times, sure. But he is a fine player if you ask my opinion.

Mr Fourex

Bench
I'm wondering what sort of agenda Sterling has in regards to his continued push for Gordon to be picked over Hayne at fullback for SOO? He has mentioned it a couple of times already in tonights coverage. Gordon is obviously a good player, but I don't think he will strike fear into QLDer hearts. Watching tonights game, Gordon's positional play is not exactly Slater like by any stretch, considering it is supposed to be one of his strengths

BTW, I wish Kevvy Kingston was still wearing Blue & Gold...

I've often wondered how Sterlo feels about the Eels club, fullstop.

cv8z

Juniors
I've often wondered how Sterlo feels about the Eels club, fullstop.

Just for once I'd like to see sterlo show some bias towards parra
Fatty got punted from manly and is still obviously passionate about them.
Nothing wrong with showing supprot publicly.

TheRam

Coach
Stirling has become very much a cliche when calling the footy now, and has always been annoying in his lack of public support of the eels when speaking publicly. Sure no one likes over the top bias like some commentators, but his lack of any public passion towards Parra is annoying and I'm sure to many, an insult to the club where he played his whole career and achieved so much with.