What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Sterlings's view on Parra

bartman

Immortal
I honestly though Wags role this season would be coming on as an experienced benchie, handiling that dodgy defensive period either side of halftime for us. Thought that would be a good way for him to go out.

But whoever was expected to step up and fill that other second row spot has not done so (Weller, Lowrie, Oake, Joe G?) by a long shot, and that is one of the disappointments of the season for me. I guess the way it was planned Feleti was going to be in 13, and it wouldn't have been a problem - the ghost of Tim's sudden depature/migration looms again...

In my book with Hindy aging and losing Chad now as well, unless we recuit to that second row position for next year, we are shot ducks in 09.

spiderdan

Bench
one other thing i think that hagan should've been wielding the axe after round 4. he should've set a precedent for players that weren't playing up to nrl standard then instead of waiting for the side to click. for the record, i think that wagon's form this year has been worse than that of grothe's yet eric got axed (which i thought was the right move albeit a bit late) . the guy, much like fileti, was making 100+ metres a game from the wing. i'd be embarrased if i were a starting forward at our club that struggled to make 40 metres a game.

as it is now, mass axeing players may be detrimental at this stage of the season but i do think that a couple of players need to be replaced.

Latest posts