What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Steve Folkes

Godawful news. He gave a lot to the game. No surprise that the Tigers last good years were when he was with us.

Doggies have lost a favourite son.

taipan

Referee
Talk about a shock.The guy was a Bulldog's legend,a fitness fanatic.
So young.Life at times is just so unpredictable.
Thoughts and prayers with his family at such a terrible and sad time.

I Bleed Maroon

Referee
Sad day for Rugby League. I hope the NRL do a tribute at the Dogs first game of the year in Perth against Melbourne

Hello, I'm The Doctor

First Grade
Damn, I saw his name and was thinking it would be good to see him coaching again, i always liked his style (and the fights with Willie Wanker Mason only helped his image)

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
Absolutely gutted. Left the 'Dogs with plenty of fantastic memories and was a great coach.

All the best to his family.

Danish

Referee
Horrible news.

Guy was a fitness nut, with stories of him regularly leaving his players in his dust during his preseason training sessions as a coach.

Just goes to show you no one knows when their time is up.

His stint coaching the bulldogs was epically good in hindsight, and his 2004 side probably one of the top 5 in the last 3 years

beave

Coach
Was a great coach and player. Loved his pressers, he seemed so down to earth.
RIP Steve.

Pound for pound one of the great all time tacklers; especially for a smallish forward. Up there with the likes of Poppa Clay, Terry Randall, Trevor Gilmeister and Geoff Toovey.