What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Steve MATAI...Queries

Dutchy

Immortal
Sorry if this has been discussed already/ I havent been on much at all.
Watching the Kiwi Tri N games...Simon Mannering..a damn good centre got the lock role and Matai was playing centre...Will this affect Matais chances of getting a starting spot in the Manly side next year....the Kiwi coach obviously feels a pee centre is more equipped to the role than our Steve..
What are your thoughts?

lockyno1

Post Whore
Matai is still young and will play in the backrow. There is 4 months to build him up to playing in the pack!

Special K

Coach
Matai would be a try scoring freak outside of Lyon on the wing. I don't get the move Matai to the backrow movement... He would make a better winger then lock imo. But he could be a damn fine centre - when is he off contract?

effnic

Bench
scottyj said:
Manly thread will have no talk.....I wanna hear out of club opinions 2
You wont find many serious answers here 90% of this forum will see this as a great chance to bag manly or Matai.

Wicks

Juniors
If the speed of the play the ball gets faster you can put him at lock If not wing or interchange

Disco

Bench
i'm almost positive that if Matai moves to the forwards it would be as a bench secondrower (coming on to destroy teams in the widders mould). i do not think he would be starting at lock............widerunning secondrower for mine

Toneee

Juniors
Disco said:
i'm almost positive that if Matai moves to the forwards it would be as a bench secondrower (coming on to destroy teams in the widders mould). i do not think he would be starting at lock............widerunning secondrower for mine

lol Matai and destroy in the same sentance, thats funny.

Manu Vatuvei

Coach
Why would Matai play in the forwards? He's already stocky as it is, how much more can he bulk up? He's 177cm tall, he'd be the shortest backrower since Alan Cann.

Wicks

Juniors
Thierry Henry said:
He's 177cm tall, he'd be the shortest backrower since Alan Cann.

Paul Aiton is 175cm tall and played as a loose forward when Priddis was on he field

MrT

Juniors
I want referees to start penalising him for pushing the marker after EVERY tackle. It's a disgrace

willvillain

Juniors
MrT said:
I want referees to start penalising him for pushing the marker after EVERY tackle. It's a disgrace

They already do! I want referees to start penalising every other player in the comp who pushes the marker after a tackle though!

effnic

Bench
willvillain said:
They already do! I want referees to start penalising every other player in the comp who pushes the marker after a tackle though!
ahahahahha 100% spot on he was like the only one penalised in 06 for doing it and everytime i saw someone else doing it nothing was done.

jc155776

Coach
I'd have him at the Sharks.

Goes hard and scores some great trys. Was hopeless in 05 but had a ripper 06. I think Manly should have spent 500k on their forwards not a centre.