What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Steve Noyce Gone!!

Card Shark

Immortal
Carney just about sacked himself with his bubbler & other antics.

Be interesting what comes out if it ends in court.

Ads

First Grade
Carney just about sacked himself with his bubbler & other antics.

Be interesting what comes out if it ends in court.

I think you will find the proper process wasn't followed. I spoke to him two weeks after the sacking and he still hadn't received anything in writing.

Card Shark

Immortal
I understand due process wasnt followed but Carney should put his hand up & admit he stuffed up. He gave us no choice.

Did he say how many previous written warnings he had received?

Since 73

First Grade
Compare what carney did to Kurtley Beale.
Workplace bullying.
Sexual harassment.
Sending obscene messages.

carcharias

Immortal
I'd still rather be Beale than the bloke with a pic of himself pissing into his own mouth in a public dunny.

The Beale thing is weird.

like..he was a dickhead, no doubt.

but then what was the lady doing asking him about a bill while hes on the bench and the bloody game is on.

wallabies. whatever

Ads

First Grade
I understand due process wasnt followed but Carney should put his hand up & admit he stuffed up. He gave us no choice.

Did he say how many previous written warnings he had received?

I'm sure he does. And I don't think he actually had a written warning in his time here.

Card Shark

Immortal
I'm sure he does. And I don't think he actually had a written warning in his time here.

Well if he didn't, that is the poor part from Flanno / Noyce, if reports of continued warnings for poor behaviour are true.

Has anyone ever seen an NRL contract? I haven't. I would like to know if employees need three written warnings or if certain discrepancies do not constitute a "warning" but can lead to instant dismissal.

Last edited:

Card Shark

Immortal
There would surely have to be a clause in there allowing for instant dismissal for bad cases of misbehaviour
/ bringing the game into disrepute.

If Todd's bubbler was an isolated incident, it wouldn't warrant a sacking IMO. I just hope we were smart enough to officially warn him after any other indescretions.

If he didn't have a prior written warning, (legally) we probably shouldn't have sacked him.

ghoti

Bench
I imagine Todd would have had a number of behaviour-related clauses in his contract when he signed with us from his exile.. although he was on a new contract this year wasn't he? Wouldn't it be hilarious if we removed them all in good faith. What was that forum buzzword again?

chewsta

First Grade
in the end it wouldnt have mattered what we did, the NRL refused him to be in the NRL again.

the merkins

webShark

The Beale thing is weird.

like..he was a dickhead, no doubt.

but then what was the lady doing asking him about a bill while hes on the bench and the bloody game is on.

wallabies. whatever

Cheika , behind the scenes, must have asked for no Beale suspension/sacking as a condition for taking the job.

Only reason I can figure he got no ban.

Latest posts