What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Steve Noyce Gone!!

txta2

First Grade
Cameron Smith, the gold standard, had two premierships stripped from him after Melbourne was caught cheating the salary cap. Not once has he whinged, let alone slurred an entire administration like Gallen. Billy Slater the same.
Umm they got off scott free
Sooner or later, this game has to decide what it stands for. Does it aspire, or does it remain shackled to the lowest level.
Paul Kent the Angel.fmd

Kent takes the usual 1 dimensional opinion.
Yeah sure Gal is a boof head and it was a stupid and immature thing to do.
But the guy has just had the worst 2 stressful years, the CEO gets sacked and he is pissed. He fired up and unfortunately let the world know.
Fine him and move on.

DJShaksta

First Grade
Umm they got off scott free

I've heard both Cameron Smith and Billy Slater say on live TV during interviews that they won those fans finals fair and square and it doesn't matter that the NRL atripped them as they see themselves as the winners.

Gal was correct when he called the NRL a bunch of Kents, he just shouldn't have put it in the public domain.

webShark

Umm they got off scott free Paul Kent the Angel.fmd

Kent takes the usual 1 dimensional opinion.
Yeah sure Gal is a boof head and it was a stupid and immature thing to do.
But the guy has just had the worst 2 stressful years, the CEO gets sacked and he is pissed. He fired up and unfortunately let the world know.
Fine him and move on.

Scott free. Stripped 2 premierships and played a year for 0 points.

Good on Gal.

Storm in a tea cup.

How much coverage has there been on Reni's latest incident? f**k all that's how much.

f**k the Daily Tele and their agendas.

Southern Shark

Juniors
Most league supporters agree with Gal. The NRL has done nothing to even the comp. The rich clubs buying all the stars from the poor clubs. The unfair draw where the Raiders, Warriors and Sharks get less than 3 free to air games every year,. thus no exposure and less sponsorship. Just look at the clubs where all the rep players for Aust, Eng and Nz from this weeks four nations play for and Kent says nothing.
Chart the free to air games for the last 5 years to see how unfair the NRL is.
Chart the rep players from the big three Nations.
That's where the story is. Not in a tweet.

Sharky Shark

Juniors
I don't particularly like Kent's opinions as generally he's been a bit over the top and has written a lot of inaccurate things about the Sharks over the last 2 years, however I think he is right on this particular one fwiw.

I doubt Gallen will lose the captaincy, but there's a hefty fine coming at the minimum.

Kent has used Keogh's own words and views to prosecute the case, so on this occasion its hard to say the journo has gone over the top. All he has done has articulated a view and used the chairman's own words to fortify that view.

Would it be appropriate for anyone to tweet something like that about their employer irrespective of the circumstances? I'd be sacked in a heartbeat.

These guy's want the money and the spoils that the big t.v deal brings but don't want to behave. Guess what, times have changed. Smith wants professionalism across the whole NRL to increase it's marketability.

When Kent say's that some player's don't want to abide by Shark's codes and think they above doing certain things he has hit the mark.

For a player who wants a contract extension he's going about it all the wrong way. Its almost time to part ways after 2015 imo.

Weaponhead

Coach
Agree with your key points Sharky.

Players need to grow up and act like professionals if they want the cash that comes with TV deals. Unfortunately with his record and current suspension Gal has limited credibility right now. He needs to pull his head in and win back some respect on the field.

However, Kent goes over the top in his usual bombastic and belligerent style. Smith and Slater have both publicly maintained that they do not consider the comps they won were stripped. Neither are as clean as Kent makes out. Smith signed multiple contracts and yet is not referred to as a 'salary cap cheat'.

He loves a Shark bash and is strangely quiet when there is legitmate grounds for criticism of big teams. Where is the rant about Brisbane's salary cap investigation mysteriously disappearing, any questioning of Easts trying to register Ferguson (surely he qualifies as a dickhead) Belllamy saying Ashley Klein doesnt like how Melbourne play (questioning his integrity yet no punishment) or those in the game with domestic violence incidents.

So Galen's crime is using the word merkins in reference to the NRL. My concern here is the lack of taking responsibility just like a certain coach. Its time for the Sharks from 2011 to man up, cop the punishment and move on. The only way to shove it up the NRL is to use the cash from the development wisely, turn the club into the most professional organisation in the game and win some games of football.

Last edited:

Surely

Post Whore
f**k off , gal nailed it to a tee, next tweet should be get a real job Kent hack sports journos are a dime a dozen.

I don't particularly like Kent's opinions as generally he's been a bit over the top and has written a lot of inaccurate things about the Sharks over the last 2 years, however I think he is right on this particular one fwiw.

I doubt Gallen will lose the captaincy, but there's a hefty fine coming at the minimum.

Kent has used Keogh's own words and views to prosecute the case, so on this occasion its hard to say the journo has gone over the top. All he has done has articulated a view and used the chairman's own words to fortify that view.

Would it be appropriate for anyone to tweet something like that about their employer irrespective of the circumstances? I'd be sacked in a heartbeat.

These guy's want the money and the spoils that the big t.v deal brings but don't want to behave. Guess what, times have changed. Smith wants professionalism across the whole NRL to increase it's marketability.

When Kent say's that some player's don't want to abide by Shark's codes and think they above doing certain things he has hit the mark.

For a player who wants a contract extension he's going about it all the wrong way. Its almost time to part ways after 2015 imo.

Pump up.

So Slothfield has a go at Gal today as well but in the smh Wierdler defends Gal. Are we now participating in opposite world?

Card Shark

Immortal
Newspapers are like politics.... Everyone has an agenda but if those agendas happen to be the same, someone has to change theirs.

Anyone else getting the messages that Noyce's sacking has something to do with Carney's legal action? Time will tell...

Latest posts